News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

For Those That Wondered, Here's SHARING 500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by mini, June 16, 2015, 06:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Bob: It's a shame ya didn't. Dad is in from Kentucky and we're having a family get-together.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

2nd hand book and dvd's stores often take them for credit. I'd find one of those. But that is because I'm a book nerd.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

There is... or was at least, a secondhand bookstore or three in Greeneville that would do that. I always took books back but I always wound up paying money anyway. Never had enough book credit to cover what I wanted to get.

Or maybe I just always got too much. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

We have a Half Price Books. It's basically like Goodwill or Thrift shopping but for books, magazines, DVDs, CDs and vinyl.
Every year they have a HUGE clearance sale. Nothing over $2. It's tomorrow. We're going. Yay.

I'm still looking for a good vinyl shop though. Also in the process of making myself a new vinyl shelf/table. The one I have now is too small. No more room for anymore vinyl.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

We have a MrK's in Johnson City then a McKay's in Knoxville. Mom and I went to MrK's the other day. I only got away with 1 book and mom actually paid for it.

MelodyB

We don't have anything like that here AT ALL. Besides, I need cash, not store credit.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Lord. It's Saturday and I'm at work. This is unnatural. And it's throwing my entire week off...:pound: And in sharing, preparations have begin for the July 15th Route 66 trip in rusty. I'm SO looking forward to it. I'm gonna post a ton of pics on Rusty's facebook page too.....assisted by the new digital camera I just ordered. Mini says it'll do all I need, and it was on sale, so why not? Yes, it's cheap compared to our local camera nuts' equipment- super cheap, actually, but it'll work for what I'm doing.
I've got a few more things to do on Rusty, and after the trip, I will turn my focus on the Studebaker. I really need to complete its paintjob and redo the brakes before September...plus re-roof the shop, and do all kind of trimming on bushes around the house, and burn the brush pile, and buy a camper...lord, I'm tired just thinking about it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

No no NO Bob you got the wrong highway! 64, not 66! 64 will go right from your town to mine. In fact it goes about a mile from my door.         

Quote from: HeatherB on June 27, 2015, 03:18:27 PM
We have a MrK's in Johnson City then a McKay's in Knoxville. Mom and I went to MrK's the other day. I only got away with 1 book and mom actually paid for it.
I've been to both. McKay's pwnz Mr K's. They also have McKay's in Nashville. I wiped out all the Christian music they had in the bargain, scratched, discount section in  both Knoxville and Nashville. Came out with about 160 CDs.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

I don't know McKays or Mr Ks.

I got 21 records at the half price books sale. Haha.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:pullhair: Gah! People kill me!! Guy has a beautiful little .22 rifle made from 1935 to 1948 for sale...I've been looking for a while for it. I just need him to email me back...and he's slow as molasses. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Brandon made meat balls for dinner. They were awesome!!!!

The Purple Fuzzy

It rained hard last night. It was really humid today but cooler.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Merning everyone.

*waves @ bob in accordance to prophecy*
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 28, 2015, 02:28:13 PM
Bob did you know about this?!!

http://www.amazon.com/Hubba-Bubba-Bubble-Pepper-Count/dp/B00DAWF014/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435501554&sr=8-1&keywords=dr.+pepper+gum
Indeed I did. In fact, when Lou and I went to Gulfport earlier this year, Mel gave me a pack of it. Something I shall not forgive her for, since Hubba-Bubba sticks to my dentures and I have no willpower, a combination requiring me to spend a lot of time that evening trying to escape its sticky grasp...
But it was good.

MelodyB

Bwahahahaha!

Yes, I saw it in my store and when I found out they were coming for a visit I bought him some. Glad it stuck with him! :hypocrite:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Hmm... no willpower and sticks to dentures eh?

*Lynx makes a note and files it away for Christmas. They sell this stuff by the case y'know.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:pound:
Beautiful morning. Made it to work. Wish I was off today. Normal wish, not gonna happen. Oh, well. At least I have a good job. That is all.

Heather

I'm incredibly thankful for the small group we have ended up being a part of. Plus Brandon is finally making friends. I don't want to sound weird, but the dude has no friends.

Also just filled out for an on campus job through work study for the fall. I hope I get it. It would help out tremendously.

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

Today has made me so glad that it's my last day full time. I'm so ready to not have to deal with these attitudes on a daily basis.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Worked all day. Came home, cooked steak,mowed yard, and cleaned out Rusty. Then I came in and hooked up one of the radios I bought and tried it out...talked to Germany, Puerto Rico, and West Virgina, then texted Germ to annoy him with the knowledge, since the radio shall possibly land in his hot little hands sometime.

Heather

Quote from: sunlight on June 29, 2015, 11:31:13 PM
Today has made me so glad that it's my last day full time. I'm so ready to not have to deal with these attitudes on a daily basis.

so what will be your next adventure Chel?

I slept terrible last night. Working a mid today then helping the best and her hubs move into their new condo! They are moving from 45 minutes away to 15! Yay!!

The Purple Fuzzy

It's nice to have friends close, even if you have to help them move. ;)

I wish we had friends close.