News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Come on in, Take Some Time, Tell Us Things, Sharing 499

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 05, 2015, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:stupid: We all miss you.....but our aim is improving. Eventually, we'll get you. :freaky2:

Morning, all. Back at work. Supposed to teach bible study tonight. Have a chapter ready, notes made, but I'm totally not feeling it. Bah.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

I slept late this morning. Which is around 815 for me. I have my interview in about an hour and then have to be at work at 12.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

Haven't been able to kick this yuckiness. Finally broke down and got antibiotics. (Hush, Chel.) :P Here's hoping they start working quickly. This THING - whatever it is - is miserable.

Had a tea party yesterday for Bella's 2nd birthday. We went to a local tea room that doesn't just tolerate little people - they really try to make it FUN for them. When I went in to make a reservation and talk to them about the menu I told them it was for a 2 yr old, and asked if they had plastic cups for the little people. They said no, that even little people need real teacups. And if something breaks, it's perfectly okay.  :o :thumbsup2: Nobody broke anything, and everyone had fun. Well. All the GIRLS had fun. LOL! We had two boys there as well, who got drug along with their moms and sisters, and they were decidedly less than thrilled to be there. *grin*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Heather

I had a friend who recently posted pictures of her UNbirthday tea party [a la Alice in Wonderland]. It looked fantastic!

So...I got my job!!!! They can only start me training for 15 hours a week. According to my performance I will be able to get more hours. Also taking into account the days I need off for the wedding and wedding related events it's more than generous. But because of that I will be staying on at the Zone for 10 hours a week until either my hours can go up or until I can get a work study job during the Fall semester.

Chowing down on some Subway then off to my first wednesday night service in a very long time.

Roscoe

Came home with a very definite direction for the message tonight, a verse, and nothing else. I sat down to try to prepare it, and thought it seemed awful familiar. Went back through some of my old messages and found it...nearly word for word what I preached a couple of years ago, I was typing today. I  don't know who it's for...but I feel it strongly.  So, it's off to church. May God have His way..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

And may the congregation have a memory fuzzier than yours.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 15, 2015, 10:44:24 PM
And may the congregation have a memory fuzzier than yours.
:biglaugh: Wouldn't have mattered one whit. Several (7) new visitors, worship service exploded, I started preaching and got nearly instant confirmation through tongues and interpretation...Was an awesome move of God. And we had 39 total, which is a large number for midweek service for us as of late.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 16, 2015, 04:15:59 AM
Didn't realize your church was that small Roscoe.
Oh. Yeah.  We are just a small congregation.  We've ran over 100 consistently several  times, but for the last 15 years it's been  rough. Average has been upper twenties to low 40s.  We are in a relatively small community  (around 6500 people ) and our church is not in the most visible place. My work for the p.d . helped our recognition  as did my pastor's part time gig as deputy coroner, but we still have issues with being known in the community.

The Purple Fuzzy

:sick: My nose is stopped up and running at the same time.  How can that be?

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

SippinTea

:stupid: (Uhh... not that they're stupid, but... yeah, I'm with them.)

Sooo... who would like to volunteer to babysit next week when Chris is out of town and I have an ultrasound appointment?  :cool:

Heather

I would but it's the last week of class before finals and all this wedding stuff going on. Oh and the being across the country thing.....

SippinTea

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* Heather, you are just so UNhelpful. :nono:

Roscoe

Box her up and mail ' er to Arkansas. By the time you come get her Cheyenne  and me will have taught her the finer points of bluegrass, Dr Pepper, and running around in old trucks.
And when she busts out singing a Kenny Hinson song, or a gospel  Randy Travis  song, you can thank me for the blessing.:hypocrite:

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe must be sleeping in on his day off.  Where is everyone?

Assuredbyfaith

I really have nothing new to report...well, nothing that I want to think about; much less talk about!! 😶

I will say that I am so thankful that despite all I have faced; am facing...God has kept me from so much! I'm thankful for His love, and mercy! Sometimes maybe it takes being broken to realize how truly blessed you are; and have been!

I am blessed!!! 😊 
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 14, 2015, 01:13:20 PM
* The Purple Fuzzy leaves a hug for Assuredbyfaith

I just found this... thank you so much! I haven't been on in a few days... I slept through my weekend...which is no longer during the weekend! I'm so confused on what day it is! 😖 
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on April 14, 2015, 01:35:10 PM
Assuredbyfaith it depends on the kind of crazy. Some crazies care about that stuff MORE. You have to be careful and get the name brands of crazy. The generic crazy just makes things worse.

ROFL...too true! A friend and I were talking about the stress of the work place...weighing in on her positive side was: " At least they know our brand of crazy"!  😲 I'm not sure that is much of a positive!!! LOL 

SippinTea

*studiously ignores Roscoe's idea* :P

G'morning everyone! :hi:

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Chseeads on April 15, 2015, 02:33:22 AM
Quote from: sunlight on April 14, 2015, 01:27:22 PM

I'm sorry. It stinks to have junk going on that takes up so much of your time. How is your family doing?

I just fell out of the habit of sharing all my rotten carrots and everything though too....not that I can't share always, but just haven't....

Dad is a poor old man, but doing fair considering.... He had a doctor's appointment yesterday and the doctor was really pretty pleased with how things are.  He wants him to get more active and build up some strength.....in the last month he has been sick with some infections and various things and that took a toll on him for a while, and he's still not what he was strength wise and such.   He was pleased with the way his tumor shrank though, visibly from what it was, thank the Lord.  Pray it continues to just dry up and go away if it's not dead already.  He'll have another test in about 5 weeks.

Anyhoo....today was an odd day in various ways.

I'm eating a salad.
Any

Thoughts and prayers!!!

Assuredbyfaith

Does it count if you work out and then eat a brownie? 😏😉😊