News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Don't Tempt Fate- Post,Post,Post, in Sharing 498!!

Started by Roscoe, February 13, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I have come to the conclusion that trying to get anything done in this area is futile when there is even a HINT of snow in the forecast. Bah! 

And yes, that does mean church was canceled Wednesday. Bah!

On the bright side, it means I have a batch of Grandma's chocolate oatmeal cookies all to myself. Once a month we meet and eat on Wednesday night and have Bible study after eating. Too bad nobody wanted to get out Wednesday night.  I guess I can force myself to eat all these cookies myself. It will be a chore but I'll get it done somehow.  :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on February 27, 2015, 01:37:27 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 27, 2015, 05:01:49 AM
Don't blame me. I loathe winter and everything that comes with it.
I  am 100% in agreement with you. I was in full systems go to come pick up my car in your town, until the guy I'm buying it from texted me and said that it was snowing and was supposed to do so today. He said the roads were clear then, but there was no telling how they would be this morning. Since I want a whole Corvette and not many pieces of a corvette I decided not to risk it, since next weekend the forecast for your area is near 70 degrees. Corvettes don't do good at all on wet and slick roads......

It is not snowing. Or it wasn't when I left this morning. lol Just cold!
It's "supposed" to with a prediction of "ice" tomorrow morning. You definitely do not want to come to Texas during "ice". lol it's barely anything, but we shuttttttttterr down. Pansies.

70 next weekend?! Glory to God in the highest. I think I might weep if that happens.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

Good grief! You all are so cheery today. LOL!

*passes around chocolate eclairs to cheer everyone up*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MsJennJenn

Quote from: SippinTea on February 27, 2015, 04:40:49 PM

I definitely am. I've no idea why. I've been up since 5:30. I had coffeeeee, and breakfast! And wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee... :bustamove: :hyper:

* MsJennJenn passes on the eclair though - me no like. :noo: a regular donut x10 I'll take though ha....noooo i don't need the sugar
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

Quote from: SippinTea on February 27, 2015, 04:40:49 PM

Or wait - were you being facetious?! lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Assuredbyfaith

I'm tired, moody, and frozen!!! 😢😩😶 Long, crazy night at work...no sleep, and melatonin keeps giving me strange dreams; so I am not sure I want to take it anymore! 😲

It's snowing again!!!
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 27, 2015, 06:07:18 PM
I'm tired, moody, and frozen!!! 😢😩😶 Long, crazy night at work...no sleep, and melatonin keeps giving me strange dreams; so I am not sure I want to take it anymore! 😲

It's snowing again!!!

Try Lavender essential oil instead - rub it on the bottoms of your feet, or the inside of your wrists.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

SippinTea

Or you can get dried lavender and put it in an empty tea bag inside your pillowcase.

And Jenn.... I MIGHT have been slightly sarcastic. ;) :D

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Well I don't guess it is all bad. Since I couldn't drive a vette, I dug Rusty out and drove him to the ham club lunch about 30 miles away. I got a nice shot of him and a '39 Chevy truck at the local co-op and posted it on Rusty the '46's facebook page. That and having spent nearly 30 minutes with the '39's owner talking old Chevy trucks put me in a better mood, even if it is cold here. I need to go back to town and get a few groceries but I haven't managed to motivate myself to do so yet.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

You def don't wanna come here now 5-0. We've hit like 4-6i nches of snow. Ridiculous. :roll:
Took me an hour a half to get home 16 miles.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Was gonna go to a wild game supper tonight, but I'm not going now cause I don't have a ride. He said and I quote: "I would rather you not go so I don't have to breathe your sick air".

IM NOT CONTAGIOUS!!! I just cough at night, from sinus drainage! Sheesh!

You let me babysit your kids ALL DAY, but won't ride in a car with me?!

Ridiculous.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 27, 2015, 11:05:52 PM
You def don't wanna come here now 5-0. We've hit like 4-6i nches of snow. Ridiculous. :roll:
Took me an hour a half to get home 16 miles.
Wow. I am very much glad we chose to wait....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 27, 2015, 07:12:35 PM
Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 27, 2015, 06:07:18 PM

It's snowing again!!!

Try Lavender essential oil instead - rub it on the bottoms of your feet, or the inside of your wrists.

I've used lavender oil before...it only helped a little bit! I work nights; at a very physical and stressful  job...honestly I think my body is mad at me because I have made it work nights for eleven years now!! 😲
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: SippinTea on February 27, 2015, 08:30:16 PM
Or you can get dried lavender and put it in an empty tea bag inside your pillowcase.

I've used lavender oil, pillow spray, sachets...etc! It still only works a little! I recently started using  "Peace and Calming" essential oils from Young Living. I can tell a difference; however, I still only get a couple hours of sleep!! 😢😭😫😪  💤?

Assuredbyfaith

We still have snow and ice here...Thankfully I am off tonight!!!! 😊  I bet everyone calls in!!! 😲

The Purple Fuzzy

It was snowing a tiny bit when I got off this evening...  I don't think it's supposed to do much this time,

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Sooooo, Bobby and Mini, I found a new... well, old... truck for one of you.

Yeah, it's only a Dodge, but...

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Dear Isaac- Only a Dodge?!? You DO know that my first truck was a '63 dodge- same basic bodystyle as this one you posted  only mine is a shortbed  and where the '67 has two headlights, mine has four- and I still own it?  As well as a '65 which looks like this 67 on with a stepside bed...
That one needs that garbage bag full of hood ornaments taken off of it though. And the owner needs to put down the pipe of illegal substances he's smoking 'cause there's no way that's a $10k truck....
Now you've got me wanting to get mine back on the road..:sadbounce:

Lynx

What I'm putting in the church bulletin for tomorrow:

A REAL PAGE TURNER
At the end of his sermon one Sunday, a preacher announced that he would preach on Noah and the Ark on the following Sunday, and gave the scriptural reference for the congregation to read ahead of time.

A couple of boys noticed something interesting about the placement of the story in the Bible. They slipped into the church and glued two pages of the pulpit Bible together.
The next Sunday, the preacher got up to read his text. "Noah took unto himself a wife," he began, "and she was" - he turned the page to continue - "three hundred cubits long, fifty wide and thirty high."

He paused, scratched his head, turned the page back, read it silently, and turned the page again. Then he looked up at his congregation and said, "I've been reading this old Bible for near fifty years, but there are some things in it that are still hard to believe."

And yes, I okayed it with the pastor before I printed it. ^.^
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I slept 10+ hours last night. No idea why. I don't feel sick or anything, but now I'm paying for it today. Feel like I'm just dragging. Sheesh.

Hopefully we get to go back to school this week. Not sure what my teachers will do though since we have spring break next week.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Tired and don't feel great. And it's cold,wet, and gloomy out. Bah.