News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Don't Tempt Fate- Post,Post,Post, in Sharing 498!!

Started by Roscoe, February 13, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

No ice here yet. They acted like we'd get it last night.  Supposed to be coming, though.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 23, 2015, 02:20:14 PM
No ice here yet. They acted like we'd get it last night.  Supposed to be coming, though.

Where are you at?
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

So don't laugh...well ok you can laugh; you will anyway! With all the people calling in at work...it was an insanely, crazy, frustrating night!  I was running around trying to do a little bit of everything...while working with objects on the top shelf( yes, I'm only 5'3") a can fell off and hit me right in the middle of the forehead!! So I have this big red mark!  :smirk2: Aren't I pretty? Thank goodness this night is done with!!  :noo:   
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 23, 2015, 02:20:14 PM

We got it. Lots and lots of sleet. Been sleeting since early morning. Was watching NBC live weather, and they said right around 7 was the heart of the storm. I'm staying home. I drive a good 35 min on a normal day to work, over many bridges too...haha def. not getting out.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, it was fine when I went io work this morning in Longview but the sleet started and the roads were horrible when they let us leave a little after 10. I saw pickup trucks fishtailing trying to drive in it. I was happy for my front wheel drive. I drive about 20 miles to work and have to cross the Sabine River. I made it home fine but the roads were pretty bad.

sunlight

There is no way I will be getting off early. It's just gonna be bad. It's already cold and wet out there. The schools and offices have mostly closed down already though.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

It's not much better here. It was snowing sideways at lunch so I called and got a room for the night a block from the capitol. I hate to spend the money, but I'd hate wrecking the truck and spending the night in a ditch worse...the worse thing about it is I don't have my Sweetheart and my AngelFluff with me...:sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

All our snow got washed away in the rain over the weekend. However my friend who lives about an hour and half away in VA had about 3 feet of snow at her house.

Someone broke my favorite work car over the weekend. Whoever did it better fess up. The most probable thing is they hit a curb or whatnot going way too fast and popped something in the front suspension. It goes off to the shop tomorrow. Also the guys at Nissan gave me a coupon to come have my oil changed in my personal car this weekend. I would do it myself but working on cars on campus is strictly prohibited and I don't think a receipt from AutoZone would keep my warranty valid.

Signed up for married housing today.  :o I'll be married in 79 days.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Q-tip

QuoteI drive about 20 miles to work and have to cross the Sabine River. I made it home fine but the roads were pretty bad.

42?

I work in Longview and if you took 42 you probably passed near here. 
///////////////\"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.\"///////////////

The Purple Fuzzy

I went down 20 to what they are now calling 31 (used to be 259). It is quicker for me than going 42. When I came home, I took 1252 to avoid the crazies on interstate.

Q-tip

Ok....Gotcha!

You were down a little further away.  I don't remember the last time I got on 20. Probably won't happen anytime soon either. 
///////////////\"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.\"///////////////

The Purple Fuzzy

We go down 42 frequently. My mom lives outside Gladewater.

Lynx

[complain]

Today we got the news that our paychecks were not available. Where were they? Somewhere in the FedEx system. Why were they there? They didn't ship anything Friday. Why did the workplace powers-that-be give the checks to FedEx today (to be delivered to the workplace tomorrow) instead of just driving the checks a whole 25 miles over to the workplace themselves? Um... nobody can figure that one out.

In the meantime I have a bill that is to be paid tomorrow. It's a bill that is paid through a checking account automatic withdrawal. If I get my paycheck tomorrow I can't just leave work and pay it, and I get off work AFTER the bank is closed.

Now if I were the kind of employee who shows up late, does his job halfheartedly and sometimes calls in sick just because he doesn't feel like going to work I wouldn't have any grounds to complain. But I'm there every day on time. Every single day. Last week when it was icy I was there every day I was scheduled to work, on time every day. I kind of expect at least the same level of reliability from my employer.

"But they can't help it the weather was bad last week." No they can't. I couldn't help it there was snow and ice on the roads either - but I TOOK MEASURES TO MAKE SURE I GOT THERE ON TIME! You know, like leaving early because I knew I would have to drive slow. When FedEx (hitherto known as FedUp) didn't pick up the checks Friday it would have been very simple to decide to drive the checks over today instead of giving them to FedEx to deliver a day late.

Why am I so upset about this? I had to borrow money from my grandmother to cover that bill. "Hey Grandma, can I borrow some money for one day? My workplace dropped the ball." Yeah, that was fun.

Okay I'm through.

[/complain]
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Q-tip

QuoteMy mom lives outside Gladewater.

Feel free to drop me a line when your out this way sometime.  We could meet for lunch or something. 

Heather

Just found out we are expecting 2-3 inches of snow overnight. Makes doing homework hard..... :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on February 24, 2015, 12:49:38 AM
[complain]

Today we got the news that our paychecks were not available. Where were they? Somewhere in the FedEx system. Why were they there? They didn't ship anything Friday. Why did the workplace powers-that-be give the checks to FedEx today (to be delivered to the workplace tomorrow) instead of just driving the checks a whole 25 miles over to the workplace themselves? Um... nobody can figure that one out.
Okay I'm through.

[/complain]

I can't believe that your work place doesn't have direct deposit! 😲 

Assuredbyfaith

It mostly melted here this afternoon...of course, now the melt is freezing on top of everything! Did I remember to say I am so thankful I don't work tonight!?  😊

MelodyB

I keep meaning to sign up for direct deposit for my work. I keep being off on payday and it's a haul to drive over there when I'm off.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Thanks for fixing that post, Heather. I just gave Knut a bath and he didn't like it. Of course! But he smells better and apple cider vinegar does wonders for killing fleas and making him smell fresh and clean!

MelodyB

Oh...Heather...this may be TMI for some on here, but they can skip it. Knut was born on Dec 9. He is just at 12 weeks old. He still has little white rice looking worms coming from his bottom sometimes. I used an OTC wormer already, but they still are there. What should I do?

I bought Pro-sense roundworm liquid de-wormer. I gave him a dose and another follow up dose two weeks later. That was a week ago and I'm still seeing the "rice".

MsJennJenn

My financial aid changed/increased! Now I can take two classes! Just emailed my advisor. I think since the next semester starts in a week, I might be too late for that one? But I can definitely get into another one for the may 11-july 7 semester! YAY!!!!!!!!!

Also realized when I got a new phone, my school email fell out. Weird. So I didn't see that the financial aid changed or I could have taken two for the upcoming semester in a week!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm still at home for now. My husband doesn't like the looks of the roads. They are still really icy.

MsJennJenn

I'm at work today. The driven roads are all pretty clear. I had no issues at all. Last years ice storm was 10x worse.
-Alexander Den Heijer-