News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

The Word

Started by Assuredbyfaith, January 27, 2015, 09:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuredbyfaith

What verse, or text are you reading/studying today? What has you blessed, thoughtful, confused, at peace....determined? Etc? What is God bringing to your attention?
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

James 4:10 | Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

1 Peter 5:5 | ... be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

1 Peter 5:6 | Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.  Psalms 61:2

Assuredbyfaith

Acts 17:27,28

That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said....

Assuredbyfaith

The Purple Fuzzy just shared this in another topic...I really needed it today!!!

James 1:5
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6.But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7.For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
8.A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Assuredbyfaith

Proverbs Chapter 3
Especially 3:5-7

taco_harvell

I've been wondering about a covenant GOD made with Abraham. I've been wondering if it's been fulfilled or is it a prophecy yet to be fulfilled.

Gen 15:17 And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.
18 In the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

Growing up and in study as well to my understanding the decedents of Isaac were considered Abraham's "seed". Yet, I can't find where they ever occupied this large area. What am I missing? Most write it off as including Ishmael's seed but looking at a map that doesn't work either because areas they don't occupy are included. So is there a time the Kingdom of Israel did cover this area or is it a prophecy yet fulfilled?
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Assuredbyfaith

Psalms 15:

1 (A Psalm of David.) LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?

2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.

3 He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.

4 In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.

5 He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 02, 2015, 04:03:26 PM
I've been wondering about a covenant GOD made with Abraham. I've been wondering if it's been fulfilled or is it a prophecy yet to be fulfilled.

Gen 15:17 And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.
18 In the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

Growing up and in study as well to my understanding the decedents of Isaac were considered Abraham's "seed". Yet, I can't find where they ever occupied this large area. What am I missing? Most write it off as including Ishmael's seed but looking at a map that doesn't work either because areas they don't occupy are included. So is there a time the Kingdom of Israel did cover this area or is it a prophecy yet fulfilled?

From talking with my Father;and after a quick personal study...His knowledge of the history, word, and geography...seemly coming up with the same line of thinking as you!   I am of the opinion that it has never been fulfilled.   One because of their disobedience...mainly when he said destroy all, kill all; they chose not to.  Two ...some where; and I am still searching for the verse! Doesn't it say that they( children of Israel) got tired of war and bloodshed; so they ended the conquest! (I'll have to get my Dad to tell me where this text is found at). If you end a conquest...seemingly before all is conquered; therefore you haven't conquered all!?

Still researching...I don't see God rewarding disobedience...maybe he will fulfill it in the future!?

I could be on the wrong track...never studied this subject/questions before!

Assuredbyfaith

Colossians Chapter 2

2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.

5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.

6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Assuredbyfaith

Hebrews Chapter 12:
14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

Romans 12:

16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Assuredbyfaith

Micah 6:8

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Assuredbyfaith

James 1:19  |  Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

James 1:26  |  If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

1 Peter 3:4  |  But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

1 Peter 3:15  |  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Assuredbyfaith

Ephesians 4:29  |  Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Ephesians 4:32  |  And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Colossians Chapter 3|
8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

25 But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

Assuredbyfaith

Matthew 18:21  | Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?   

Mark 4:24  |  And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.   

Luke 6:37  | Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Assuredbyfaith

Matthew 12:36   But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Assuredbyfaith

Psalms 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Assuredbyfaith

Luke Chapter 12:12 For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

Luke 14:34  | Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?

Colossians 4:6  |  Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Mark 9:50  |  Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

Matthew 5:13  | Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Matthew 12:37  | For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.   

Proverbs 6:2 | Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.

2 Corinthians 3:5
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

Colossians 4:6  | Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Assuredbyfaith

1 Peter 3:15  |  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Assuredbyfaith

Psalms 33:22

Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.

Assuredbyfaith

Romans 8:25

But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Assuredbyfaith

Romans 12:12

Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

Assuredbyfaith

2 Timothy 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.