News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner menu

Started by Lynx, November 19, 2012, 09:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Post what's cooking.  And tell me what time to be there.   :teeth:

I don't know what our menu is yet - we never know all of it until the family gets here and we take the lids off.  Will report when we know.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Scott

I am thinking of getting four combo meals from McDonalds and watching "It's a Wonderful Life"

:freaky2: :freaky2:

(not really)

Turkey, taters, stuffing, veggies, bread, gravy, pumpkin pie,
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Melody

Turkey
Ham
Green Bean Casserole
Mashed potatoes- Gravy
corn
stuffing
homemade noodles
rolls
pumpkin pie
apple pie
cottage cheese salad- Ruffles
Fruit salad
hopefully a veggie tray

The Purple Fuzzy

Turkey
dressing
mashed potatoes
corn
dirty rice casserole
cranberry sauce
broccoli casserole
Ham
pecan pie
chocolate pie
sweet potato pie
rolls and much more

Lynx

Fuzzy what time do you eat?  If it's late enough I can catch both families' meals.   :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

We are going to my mom's and we eat about noon. :)

Lynx

Not enough time, there's never enough time to get in all the Thanksgiving meals I want!

I'm kidding of course.  But if my stomach had infinite capacity I'd like to... :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

kkay

Chicken
Stuffing
Sweet Potatoes
Corn
Cranberry Sauce

Pretty sure that's all we'll have. There will probably just be 2 of us :)

Heather

Peanut butter and honey crackers
BBQ chips
Pepsi
Ben & Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Keep in mind there were 17 of us... and we have a lot of cooks in my family.

duck dressing
chicken dressing
roast turkey
cranberry sauce shaped like a can
sugar free cranberry sauce that was homemade
giblet gravy
coleslaw
sweet potato casserole
christmas pickles (vinegar, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, spices)
deviled eggs
black-eye peas
green beans
potato salad
loaded mashed potatoes - mashed potatoes with all the stuff mixed in that usually goes on a loaded baked potato
diced fruit plate
pumpkin punch-bowl cake
lemon icebox pie
peach cobbler

Fortunately most of the stuff that was brought will be taken home with the people who brought it, leaving not as many leftovers as I feared.  But I'm going to do my best to make sure some of that duck dressing remains.
"Do you sing at church?"

Scott

Just 5 of us this year; but the big family dinner is Saturday.

Today:

Breakfast: Homemade Donuts

Turkey
Gravy
Mashed Taters
Stuffing
Corn
Bread
Deviled Eggs (my Horseradish and Mustard ones)
Baked Chicken
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

Horseradish and mustard?  You sound like me.  No two batches of deviled eggs are ever the same.  This batch yesterday had mayo, lemon juice, pickled pepper juice, mustard, parmesan cheese, dill weed.  Not too much of any of it, but all together it made for a pretty good deviled egg.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

We ate some more thanksgiving leftovers for supper tonight.

Lynx

Oh yeah, that reminds me... though I didn't know until it got here what Thanksgiving dinner would be, I know far in advance what we will be eating Christmas day.  In my family we do Christmas breakfast.  Grandma's buttermilk biscuits, Uncle Fred will be cooking cheese and eggs, sausage, bacon, Aunt Diane will probably be doing the gravy, Aunt Anne will make her cheese grits.  All very fattening, hearty, cholesterific, and goooooood!  :D

Welcome to the south, y'all!
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

It's our 2nd year actually home at Christmas.  THAT is what I'm most excited about.  We'll have had the whole Turkey/Ham food I think the weekend before at Nathan's family's holiday.  My dear hubby said he wants something different.  So I'm trying to make it extra special.  He mentioned a roast, I'm going to work around that but I'm still building the meal in my mind.

Lamb Roast
Roasted potatoes (smaller roasted sweet potatoes mixed in)
Goulda Corn Au-gratin
<a href="http://aspicyperspective.com/2012/11/yeast-rolls-recipe-crockpot-bread.html">Apple Butter Rolls [/url]

Blueberry Pie
Peanut Butter Pie

And I am not sure what else.  I need another vegetable in there somewhere.  Maybe Red Pepper or Butternut Squash soup? 

kkay

I think for Christmas I might just mimic what we had for Thanksgiving:

Turkey or Chicken
Cranberry sauce
Stuffing
Sweet potatoes
Mac n cheese
Steamed veggies

The Purple Fuzzy

How did your mac & cheese turn out last time?

kkay

It was soooooo good. All I do is cook elbow macaroni, drain, add about 1/4 cup milk then cut up an 8 oz. colby cheese block and mix it all up until it's . It's delish. (I use around 1/2 the box of macaroni)

I even made it the other day and just made some beans with it.

Heather

Hopefully NOT crackers and potato chips  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali