News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Easy Stuffed Porckchop recipe I found......

Started by Roscoe, October 12, 2012, 09:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes (Didn't seem like it took that long to cook for me. I'd watch 'em...)
Total Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
Ingredients:
6 pork chops, at least 1 1/4 inches thick
1 1/2 cups bread cubes, toasted ( I used Italian Bread crumbs, didn't toast)
1/2 cup chopped apple (I used Red Delicious, but I think a true cooking apple will be better)
1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons raisins ( Didn't care for the idea of raisens, so I skipped 'em)
2 tablespoons butter•2 tablespoons orange juice or apple juice ( Had Apple Juice. Used it, and used a bit extra)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ( I kinda used cinnamon to taste....I'm a nut for the stuff)

Preparation:
Cut a pocket into each pork chop. Salt and pepper inside of pockets of pork chops. Toss together the bread cubes, chopped apple, shredded cheese, and raisins. In a cup, combine melted butter, juice, salt, and cinnamon. Pour over bread mixture and gently stir until thoroughly mixed. Stuff pork chops lightly with the mixture. Place in a shallow baking dish and bake pork chops at 350° for about 1 hour. Cover with foil and cook 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until pork chops are done.
Pork chops recipe serves 6.

I also was careful to spray the pan with vegetable spray, and watched them close....350 was too high for my oven, so I turned it down to 300 and kept an eye on them, turning them after a bit, but the chops I had were a little thin, around 1 inch. 1 and a half to two inch thick chops should be perfect....
The apple flavor really paired well with the pork without overpowering it. I was pleased.  :fork:
Think  I'm gonna throw some 'shrooms and cheese- Provolone? Chedder? Gouda? on the top of 'em at the end of the cooking cycle next time........
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison