News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Time to get thrifty in Sharing Four-Fifty!

Started by MsJennJenn, November 16, 2011, 04:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Here's the salmon chowder my family loves, Isaac: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/salmon-chowder/detail.aspx

The only two changes I make are...
1) I use half the amount of salmon. (Costco is great, and their cans of salmon are tuna-sized. Yay for budgeting.)
2) I only put 1/4 tsp pepper

This chowder is one of their all-time fav dinners. And if I'm lucky enough to have any leftovers, it reheats nicely for somebody's lunch the next day.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

This kid has been in my bed since 6:15! Talking non-stop! Someone please tell her it is Saturday and you are supposed to SLEEP IN!

Oh well...guess I'll get up and get a shower.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Chseeads

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on November 19, 2011, 06:32:02 AM
Wowser. Just got back from church...seemed like a "who's who in pentecost" was there. Bro Kenny Godair, Bro. Lumpkin, Bro Gary Howard, Bro Jack Still,just to name a few. Bro. Floyd Odom was the featured speaker, and after hearing him, I'm convinced that the man could read the phone book aloud and be annointed and have a move of God from it. Unbelievable.
After I get done eating, I am going to bed so I can meet Bro. Papa in the morning and ride back to tomorrow's service with him... :waving:

Must be a who's who in Arkansas...cus I don't know any of those people haha...

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 19, 2011, 01:37:02 PM
Everyone sleeping in today?

and yes I did - I just got up.

Now I'm eating cereal!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Newsman

What is this sleep whereof thou speakest? :)

Anyway, needed to come backm in and take care of a few itenms..may go home and try and sleep some more, before coming back later to change weather automation...wheeeeeeeeee

John  :waving:

MelodyB

Quote from: Chseeads on November 19, 2011, 03:10:25 PM
Serves you right for leaving me.

I didn't leave you, Darling. I'm here. ;)

I had cereal, and now we are fixing to eat tuna salad sandwiches, then head to the Birthday party in Tallahassee.

My thumb hurts. It was bruised last night while I was in a sword fight with Jeremy. It's swollen and brown this morning. I guess that means J won! 

Chseeads

You left me.  You went to FL.  I told you, and begged you, and commanded you not to go.

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Heather

good day people of GP!!

i was close to rolling into overage for data on my phone, so i had to take a brief moment away from the internets.

how goes it party people?
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Tended the neighbors nasty fowl.  They should be back to do it theirselves tomorrow. 

Lynx

I learned something today.  I learned that if you double the amount of cinnamon sugar in sourdough cinnamon rolls, the excess leaks out and makes a big cinnamon sugar ocean in the pan.   :-\
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

I need some volunteers....  Form an orderly line here to my left, please....

MelodyB

My Brother has chickens...just so you know.

Melody

If anyone prayed about my unwelcomed lump awhile back, I thank you & so does Nathan.

There is now no lump or pain. My God is a healer!  He is full of tender mercies & loving kindness.

Today we had a ladies tea. Vani Marshall preached.  Had a prayer mtg at the altar in the middle of her sermon.   

We had a prayer mtg last night for our city.  Tomorrow is our all nations Sunday.  Wonder if we will top 21 this year! One preacher in our church is working toward starting a Bible study/cell group with some Liberians that have been coming. Jamaicans perhaps too. 

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on November 19, 2011, 10:56:00 PM
My Brother has chickens...just so you know.

Oh my, is he being treated for them? 

w2cch

Lord I'm going to be glad when we have water again....ugh.....  Depending on somebody else to fix this plumbing was not necessarily the wisest of ideas I think...I might as well have done it myself and I could've been done already.  *sigh* 

MelodyB

Yes. He treated them to some feed while I was there.

MelodyB

Birthday party was ok. For THAT kind of party.

My Brother has recently started going back to church, but his wife and Daughter still are not very Godly, and the last few years Brittany wanted a party with a DJ and dancing and such. This year, lots of adults had liquor and Brittany's other aunt brought jello shots for the adults.

UGH.

We went early so we could visit before the party, and left after it got started good...now I'm back in Panama city at my other brothers house, sleeping in the bunk bed with my little churched-kiddos.

I am glad to have seen my brother and his family though.

Lynx

Well my cinnamon rolls just came out of the oven... again.  When I cooked them I had two big pans and they would not both fit on the same oven rack, so one went on the bottom rack.  The pan on the bottom rack got severely hard on the bottom.  So I pried them up, poured water under them, put them in the oven... and cooked them until they got soggy again.   :-\  So after a bit longer in the oven, they're back to where they were supposed to be all along, at least as far as I can tell.  We'll know more when they cool enough to cut.

At least the bread turned out great.  I need the whole wheat bread to take with me and I need the white bread for my sister.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on November 20, 2011, 03:21:11 AMThis year, lots of adults had liquor and Brittany's other aunt brought jello shots for the adults.

Well, daggone, why didn't you invite me!?

Heather

APB came over and made me pancakes! We haven't really been able to see each other between both working, my rehearsals, and him trying to fix his mums car.

Church tomorrow. I'm pretty pumped.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

SHARING:  Bleh.

Bleh.

Bleh.

Major bleh.

Grandma is downstairs watching a Christmas video.  Well... an X-mas video anyway, they never mention Christ.  The moral is always "You should believe in Santa" or "Family is what is important at Christmas."  Not even so much as a church in the background, unless it's a Christmastime setting for a romantic comedy. 

They start these things earlier and earlier every year.  I fully expect Christmas season to start before Christmas of the previous year is over, by the year 2035.

Bleh.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

If I counted correctly, I shipped 99 shipments of hatching eggs out this season, everywhere from Alaska to Puerto Rico and everywhere between.  Sent what was probably the last one of the season this week.