News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Time to get thrifty in Sharing Four-Fifty!

Started by MsJennJenn, November 16, 2011, 04:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iridiscente

Quote from: Newsman on November 17, 2011, 05:24:44 PM
Apricot pie reigns supreme, though I will never have another one fixed for me by my mother for the holidays. However, there is a lady at the curthouse who makes pies on the side. I could pay her to make me a couple.

That sounds really good; do you have the recipe?

Melody

QuoteAs for the sweet tater bread recipe, it's close enough that I imagine if you use a punkin bread recipe and use taters instead of punkin, it'd be might near the same.

REALLY?!  Like a quick bread recipe?  That I can do.

Lynx

Ros-coe, I know the feeling.  As I work second shift, I start every day like that.  Only day I set the alarm clock is Sunday. 

But with this overtime I've been getting home at 2am, going to bed about 4am and getting up sometime around now. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on November 18, 2011, 04:00:37 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on November 18, 2011, 02:58:57 PM
It's very simple really, you see, they will kill me.  :smirk2:

As for the sweet tater bread recipe, it's close enough that I imagine if you use a punkin bread recipe and use taters instead of punkin, it'd be might near the same.

Do you have problems with carbs as well? 

Yes, I have a problem with carbs.  I snub them.

myhaloisintheshop

Chseeads

No, I'm not.  And I'd like to keep it that way.

Lynx

Most of a can of salmon, mayo, dill weed, just a bit of garlic, spread on two thick slices of sourdough.  Good breakfast.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Watch it Fuzzy, I have salmon breath and I know how to use it.   :nono:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Well..... so far today, I managed to go to town and pay Mama's nusing home bill, and then drove Rusty over to Bro Papa's BBQ stand. A few pics from that sidetrip *may* have been sent to a certain tall bald person via text. I was only obeying my elder, Bro Papa.  :hypocrite:

Now tonight, Lou and I are going to Gravel Ridge (near Little Rock) for a service at Bro. Sorrells' church, honoring him for 50 years in the ministry. Bro Sorrells has been such a blessing to my church and pastor, he's truely a great man of God.

I just wish fuzzy beast and bro clarence would show up...... :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

That would be tempting if dina wasn't so close to having a baby.

iridiscente

Quote from: Chseeads on November 18, 2011, 05:36:35 PM
Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on November 18, 2011, 04:00:37 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on November 18, 2011, 02:58:57 PM
It's very simple really, you see, they will kill me.  :smirk2:

As for the sweet tater bread recipe, it's close enough that I imagine if you use a punkin bread recipe and use taters instead of punkin, it'd be might near the same.

Do you have problems with carbs as well? 

Yes, I have a problem with carbs.  I snub them.
Some good ideas and feedback on recipes here: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/

MelodyB

Hi peoples!

I'm in Florida, under protest of the Seth.

But my Brothers house has WiFi, so I'll be finally able to catch up around here!

:hi:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 18, 2011, 06:46:35 PM
Most of a can of salmon, mayo, dill weed, just a bit of garlic, spread on two thick slices of sourdough.  Good breakfast.  :D

I dunno about for breakfast, but it sounds like a fabulous lunch. :) I'm guessing you'd like salmon chowder then, eh?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Jaybee

Quote from: MelodyB on November 19, 2011, 03:47:00 AM
*attackHUG* Jennica! 

Nice to see you!

:waving:

Hey! It's the eve of my 10 year GP anniversary, so I figured I should check in.  ;)
"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward."

- Kierkegaard

Chseeads

MelodyB

Indeed!

Having a blast in FLORIDA! *glares at Seth*

Had an amazing day today! Got to eat lunch with Jolene and Jules, and then play with my Niece and Nephew!

I am currently on the bottom bunk in my Nephews room, with both sleeping kiddos on the top bunk! And I am LOVING LOVING LOVING every minute of it!

As an added bonus, WiFi is a great thing to have! ;)

Tomorrow I get to see my other Niece who will be celebrating her 16th Birthday.

And I am also happy to report that I have now caught up on all my threads in my "show replies to posts" area. I haven't been able to say that for WEEKS!

Lynx

Quote from: SippinTea on November 19, 2011, 03:36:20 AM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 18, 2011, 06:46:35 PM

I dunno about for breakfast, but it sounds like a fabulous lunch. :) I'm guessing you'd like salmon chowder then, eh?

:beret:
Depends on your perspective... I got home from work at 2am, got to sleep at 4am, got up around 11am so yeah, that made a fabulous "lunch."  It was my breakfast though, and just as good then.  And no, I have never had salmon chowder.  A recipe would be appreciated.

Still waiting for a recipe for a certain kind of bread...

Speaking of bread, tomorrow is going to be a big baking day.  Making some whole wheat sourdough bread for me, white sourdough bread for my sister and a whole lot of sourdough cinnamon rolls for a church dinner, mom, sister, my family's Thanksgiving dinner and a couple of other things. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on November 19, 2011, 05:01:51 AM

Had an amazing day today! Got to eat lunch with Jolene and Jules,

What did I tell you??!??!??!

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on November 19, 2011, 06:18:01 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on November 19, 2011, 05:01:51 AM

Had an amazing day today! Got to eat lunch with Jolene and Jules,

What did I tell you??!??!??!
Why do you have to ask her what did you tell her?  Were you not listening either?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Wowser. Just got back from church...seemed like a "who's who in pentecost" was there. Bro Kenny Godair, Bro. Lumpkin, Bro Gary Howard, Bro Jack Still,just to name a few. Bro. Floyd Odom was the featured speaker, and after hearing him, I'm convinced that the man could read the phone book aloud and be annointed and have a move of God from it. Unbelievable.
After I get done eating, I am going to bed so I can meet Bro. Papa in the morning and ride back to tomorrow's service with him... :waving:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"