News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Quotes for today 2

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 07, 2011, 07:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

The deeper sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain.

Kahlil Gibran
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

"Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and the world laughs at you."
- Rob P, age 8
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Tricia Lea

"We know what a person thinks not when he tells us what he thinks, but by his actions."
Isaac Bashevis Singer

iridiscente

Quote from: taco_harvell on May 04, 2011, 04:01:00 AM
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others.

John Andrew Holmes
I want to know what the "trifling exception" is.

The Purple Fuzzy

You...  or if I'm reading the quote it's me. ;)

Tricia Lea

"An ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises."
Mae West

Tricia Lea

"A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions."
Confucius

Tricia Lea

"There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up."

John Andrew Holmes

IowaSkirtGirl

I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.
Plutarch

I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
Thomas A. Edison
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Roscoe

Quote from: IowaSkirtGirl on July 20, 2011, 01:04:58 PM

I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
Thomas A. Edison
This should be my signature quote! Love it!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

IowaSkirtGirl

Quote from: five-oh on July 20, 2011, 01:59:59 PM

Thomas A. Edison

Who did you think I was talkin about :-p
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Roscoe

Quote from: IowaSkirtGirl on July 20, 2011, 02:34:00 PM

Thomas A. Edison

Who did you think I was talkin about :-p
:cloud9:...... It is now my signature line.... And I'm sure Mini is jealous. :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

iridiscente

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 18, 2011, 07:55:46 PM
You...  or if I'm reading the quote it's me. ;)
Haha, now I get it!

iridiscente

Thomas A. Edison
I would personally trust most men in overalls more than men in suits. :/

Tricia Lea

"No man can become rich without himself enriching others"
Andrew Carnegie

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming more interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get people interested in you"
Dale Carnegie

Tricia Lea

There are only two people who can tell you the truth about yourself - an enemy who has lost his temper and a friend who loves you dearly.~ ~ Antisthenes

Tricia Lea

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

MelodyB

"Politicians are a lot like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason..."   
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

taco_harvell

If any occupation or association is found to hinder our communion with God or our enjoyment of spiritual things, then it must be abandoned. Anything in my habits or ways which mars happy fellowship with the brethren or robs me of power in service, is to be unsparingly judged and made an end of-- 'burned.' Whatever I cannot do for God's glory must be avoided. - A.W. Pink

taco_harvell

Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate; now what's going to happen to us with both a Senate and a House?

Will Rogers

Tricia Lea

"Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it." ~~ unknown author

MelodyB

Quote from: Tricia Lea on July 25, 2011, 03:43:30 AM
"Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it." ~~ unknown author

*snicker*
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Tricia Lea

"Sometimes I lie awake at night, and ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.'"
Charles M. Schulz

taco_harvell

Whenever evil befalls us, we ought to ask ourselves, after the first suffering, how we can turn it into good. So shall we take occasion, from one bitter root, to raise perhaps many flowers.

Leigh Hunt