News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Stock toilet paper to the ceiling in sharing 515

Started by Lynx, March 21, 2020, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

I finally got some sleep last night.  My muscles ache but overall I'm feeling better.  I'm scheduled to work today.  I'm not sure if I'll be allowed to work after my fever spike last night.  The official health check from corporate says I'm supposed to be fever free without fever reducing medication for 3 days before I can return to work but same health check deemed me at risk Thursday and instructed to send me home but they let me stay at work anyway.

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 08, 2020, 12:26:25 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on August 07, 2020, 09:17:44 PMWhile 17 miles down a dirt road, no exaggeration, I stepped up onto a porch and nearly passed out.
Nosy question that will sound callous because it has nothing to do with your well being: Does that affect how well your clients react to you? Do you have to project a tough guy image to make them behave? Is a sign of physical weakness something that will impair how you deal with them?

Valid question. Nah. I never have tried to project that I'm the baddest man in the valley. But I do work in the same area I policed in, and I have a reputation for being fair. I also have a reputation for not taking none sense off of anyone and being able to take care of myself, which has spread from my less gentle, not as godly time on the force.

One of my toughest coworkers is a 53 year old 4 foot 8 160 lb black woman. Nothing physically imposing,but I've watched her line out a 6'7, 300 lb offender and have him apologizing. 90 % of this job is reputation and confidence.
And in the particular house I was at- I was just investigating a parole plan, so the offender didn't live there yet. And, I was able to grab a porch railing and steady myself before the occupant came to the door- I don't think she knew she nearly had an unconscious parole officer on her porch.
 In sharing, I feel better today, some minor traces of the dizziness, but not bad. I've also bought a 7lb chub of petit jean bologna, sliced it in 2 inch thick slices, and have it smoking for dinner tonight. Throttle- FULL REDNECK. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Locally made, smoked bologna... I'm not even a fan of bologna and I'd give that a try.

Do please keep us apprised of your health.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Warm day today. I mowed the front lawn and am fixing to get ready for church.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

GrumpyBear

I haven't been on here in awhile, how's everyone?  :smirk:
Roscoe's Daughter
Daddy's Girl<3
Spending dad's money on cars, guns, and clothes since 2006;)

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

@Work.

Jeremy's back to work today! Hoping this helps our home to get a little back to "normal" as far as schedules and whatnot.

Backseat Radio

I'm feeling much better and almost normal today.  I was getting around for work when my assistant manager called and asked if my schedule for today could be changed from 12-9 to 1-10 since our store is now open till 10 pm.  She's wanting to change my schedule for the rest of the week too.

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Happy birthday to our resident Roscoe.

56 looks good on you!

Well maybe not, you is uuuuuugggglllllyyyyy....

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:pound: I is 44, not in my 50s. Doc called, all my blood work was good. He said if the dizziness returns or continues, he will refer me to a cardiologist for further investigation, but right now I should be ok.

Dodged a bullet- an old friend came by to see me and before he left I'd bought a motorcycle. Kinda. I have a young lady in my office that wants one. I agreed to let her have dibs on it. If she doesn't like it, I'll buy it. It was too good a deal to pass up, and I'll make money on it if that is the case.

Nelle

@Work.

Had a booger of a storm come thru Illinois yesterday, but we are perfectly fine. Didn't even lose power!

Have I mentioned how much I dislike working on state projects? Because I do.. I dislike their confusing paperwork.

Roscoe

Ha! Welcome to my life! It is ALL state paperwork!
And I am back at work. Fixing to run off on lunch and check on Chey. So much to do I don't know where to turn. I know I'm wishing my life away, but retirement looks better with each passing day...

The Purple Fuzzy

You probably won't slow down much. You'll just be more flexible. ;)

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 11, 2020, 04:06:19 PMYou probably won't slow down much. You'll just be more flexible. ;)
I don't know,fuzz. It sure looks appealing to sleep a bit later and not feel like I am under a deadline all the time. I don't mind the work and all, but it feels like I'm always rushing to get something done. THAT'S what I hate.
 Back at work. Have court today as well. :pound: I hope it will be brief. Unfortunately our judge is known to hear a case and take a half hour break. Court sometimes runs until 7 pm. I hope that's not the case for today- I have church at 730 and there's at least a 50% possibility I'll have to teach.

Nelle

@Work.

It feels like April/May with all the rain and storms we keep getting. Seems like it's humid, hot, and cloudy every day haha.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:
 Made it through the day. My 50 % chance of having to teach turned into a 100% chance. Went in a bit early, studied, began to pray while I sat on the platform with no one there. Told God I needed to feel some peace for a bit, a refuge from life. Went sound to sleep sitting there. I guess He answered me. LOL.
Taught the lesson and was surprised by a homemade pineapple upside down birthday cake from some of my church people. I feel so loved. And maybe a tad stuffed. Apparently I wasn't supposed to eat half the cake..

Lynx

You are supposed to eat the whole cake... but not all at once.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

Quote from: Lynx on August 13, 2020, 10:22:34 AMYou are supposed to eat the whole cake... but not all at once.

I need to keep this line for future use...lol

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

It seems to be a problem endemic to pastors. Our pastor is big on honey buns. A dear, sweet, well-meaning church member made him a homemade honey bun cake for his birthday. He ate... um... far too much of it, and spent the rest of the night regretting it, and then ate some more of it the next morning.

This is the same guy who once ate SEVEN of my sourdough cinnamon rolls, with cream cheese icing (that was a choice - I had the icing in a separate bowl for those who wanted it) and then refused to play softball with the youth group. He said they swelled up on him.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

@Work.

Dealing with a horrid headache this morning. Really just want to nap.. but I'm here at work waiting to finish payroll instead. :)

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 13, 2020, 12:47:07 PMIt seems to be a problem endemic to pastors. Our pastor is big on honey buns. A dear, sweet, well-meaning church member made him a homemade honey bun cake for his birthday. He ate... um... far too much of it, and spent the rest of the night regretting it, and then ate some more of it the next morning.

This is the same guy who once ate SEVEN of my sourdough cinnamon rolls, with cream cheese icing (that was a choice - I had the icing in a separate bowl for those who wanted it) and then refused to play softball with the youth group. He said they swelled up on him.
Poor pastor. Those cinnamon rolls DO have a tendency to swell up on ya...
I enjoyed a piece of fruit for breakfast. It was surrounded in a cooked batter. I'm fixing to enjoy more fruit. Lord, I do love my pineapple upside down cake. :lol:
Edging closer to the weekend

Lynx

I just drove an hour and shelled out $230 for some cheese...

Okay, first it was goat cheese. Second, it was a large amount, like eight or nine pounds. Third, it was not the sour, mushy stuff most people think of as goat cheese. Fourth, don't look at me like that.

I love cheeses but cow cheeses make my sinuses go into hyperdrive. It's like having a cold for the rest of the day. Goat cheeses, those I can eat all day long.

Also southwest Tennessee is a gastronomic wasteland. You just can not get specialty foods anywhere short of Nashville. But I found, not a store that sold this stuff, but a farm where they raise goats and make cheese.

Also this is a very good cheese. The taste is kind of like a cross between brie, swiss and havarti, but more salty and more sharp. The texture is halfway between mild cheddar and brie.

Also I got my tax return four months after I filed my taxes, I have no big plans for that money, and this was less than a third of my tax return. Easy decision to make.

I am very happy.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

The lady asked how I wanted the rounds of cheese cut up before she vacuum-packed them. I said just cut them up in chunks...

"Oh wait, I do need three slices that are real thin, to give to some people to try. Make them thin enough that I don't have to cry when I give them away."

They came out looking about like the gouda wedges you find at Kroger. That's about perfect.
"Do you sing at church?"