News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Stock toilet paper to the ceiling in sharing 515

Started by Lynx, March 21, 2020, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi:
Well, we did the smart thing, I think, even though it was not what we wanted. I bought the Jimmy today for $3600. I DID have to order a $130 stereo, as the radio in it was bad. But this gets rid of a loan payment. We will reassess in a few months and see if we are going to make this a permanent move or if we are going to upgrade Lou's ride.
Today was kinda long, even with me leaving an hour early to buy the car. Now, one down, 4 to go...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

This is the Monday-est Tuesday I've ever had. :pound:
The day is crawling by, and I don't really wanna be here. And I have went old school- I actually ordered something from Crutchfield for the first time since I was a kid. - that's where I ordered the new radio from. Had to stop 19 year old me from surfacing and ordering amps and 12 woofers to go with it. I'm also battling the desire for cool wheels and a 2/4 drop. That's the problem with buying the same body style vehicle you used to have as a kid. On look at those softly curving fenders put me back in the "slam it, make it loud and add chrome" mindset. LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 04, 2020, 10:17:55 PMThis heat makes me wish for a swimming pool.
I'd love a swimming pool. But I have so many things in line before that happens, it ain't even funny.

Roscoe

:morning:. Lord, we have became a ghost town. Even Nelle has runned off.
Back at work. Two Melatonin last night was apparently a bad idea. I am majorly dragging. Maybe the iced coffee will help.

Nelle

I'm here, just.. not LOL.

@Work. Nibbling on peanut butter cookies and Cheetos. Breakfast of champions.

Jeremy slow cooked that pork loin yesterday and it was GOOD. He's only got 3 days left of for-sure quarantine (counting today). Too bad we couldn't knock out some honey-do projects. Stinkin' appendix, haha.

The Purple Fuzzy

Nothing to report here. Just looks like it might rain. We don't usually get this much rain in the summer. I'm not complaining.

Backseat Radio

I've been busy today trying to clean up my depression nest.  The clutter was starting to close in on me.

Lynx

After more than FOUR MONTHS I finally got my tax return. I sent it in back in late March. The past two months I have been wondering if it got lost, and if I was going to get a call from the tax enforcer... er, the IRS asking me why I had not filed.

I can't shake the feeling they owe me interest... Usually when you hold somebody's money for a while you have to pay interest.

Quote from: Roscoe on August 05, 2020, 12:54:15 PM:morning:. Lord, we have became a ghost town. Even Nelle has runned off.
Back at work. Two Melatonin last night was apparently a bad idea. I am majorly dragging. Maybe the iced coffee will help.

Melatonin is... tricky. Too much will keep you from sleeping instead of helping you sleep.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Too busy to do anything here today. And Lynx, did ya get your stimulus too, or are they making you wait longer on that?
I got the stereo in for Lou's car. As soon as she gets home I will install it.
 My anxiety has flared a bit today. But, I know if I leave everything in God's hands, it'll be ok.

Backseat Radio

My allergies decided to flare up and plug up my nose and sinuses and make me miserable. Took medicine to try to clear it out and the medicine is keeping me wide awake.

Nelle

@Work again.

Jeremy goes to the doc at the VA today to be hopefully released to go back to work. He's hoping he can go tomorrow morning. His coworkers are as well because it's his birthday on Sunday, and he will be bringing donuts and OJ! lol..

Jeremy wanted a Chicago-style pizza last night for celebration of the nearing end to his quarantine. I don't really care for red sauce or pizza sauce, so I did not even try it. He said it was good. I tried their Italian beef. I've decided I will no longer order those out anywhere because I prefer the homemade version of them anyway.

So ready for sleeping in tomorrow.

MsJennJenn

Speaking of cars I paid mine off last week. SO EXCITED!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

I called off work today.  The medicine I took to clear out my blocked sinuses kept me awake all night and left me feeling worse.

Nelle

Oh dear BR! Hopefully you can get some rest and feel better soon!

still @work. Jeremy's at his appointment.

I need a nap.

Roscoe

This has been a day. I awoke and had dizziness this morning- like when you stand up too quick, only it didn't go away. I went to work, and went out on home visits. While 17 miles down a dirt road, no exaggeration, I stepped up onto a porch and nearly passed out.
That did it. I came back to town and got in to see my doctor. They ran an EKG which looked good and have drawn blood for blood work. Doctor said it may just be dehydration. I'm back at the office now, not feeling as dizzy, but still not 100%.

Backseat Radio

My temperature shot up to 100 this evening.  :sadbounce: 

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 06, 2020, 11:00:45 PMAnd Lynx, did ya get your stimulus too, or are they making you wait longer on that?
Oh yah, I got that back in early May.

That's actually the reason I haven't been going spare about the tax return. The stimulus check was almost $300 more than my tax refund, so I took the viewpoint that even if I never got the tax return I still came out ahead. And I didn't have big plans made around either of those checks, so it didn't matter much when they got here.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

In local news, I may never see my dog again.

Every time Dan gets off his run, he goes right to uncle Fred's storage shed and crawls under it. He's happy to lie there all day, or at least all the time that he doesn't spend going around the neighborhood getting into trash cans and cat food bowls... So I moved the endpoint of his 270' run to go right by Fred's shed, so he can lie under there whenever he wants.

Now... I may as well make a flower bed out of his dog house. He'll never use it again.

In other local news, the local grocery store runs a pretty good lunch bar. Recently they have started putting out leftovers in little pint containers for two bucks a piece. Chicken rotel spaghetti, mashed potatoes (with REAL potatoes, not instant glue!) mac-and-cheese, tater salad, broccoli...

I may never cook again. :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 07, 2020, 09:17:44 PMWhile 17 miles down a dirt road, no exaggeration, I stepped up onto a porch and nearly passed out.
Nosy question that will sound callous because it has nothing to do with your well being: Does that affect how well your clients react to you? Do you have to project a tough guy image to make them behave? Is a sign of physical weakness something that will impair how you deal with them?
"Do you sing at church?"