News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 24, 2023, 06:15:37 PMHusband just found out today there is a possibility he could get promoted soon.
To Lawton, Oklahoma.  eek

I know where that is!  And I hear there is an incredible burger place right outside of town that's on my bucket list of places to visit.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Hi. My weekend is disappearing way too fast..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Thankfully we finally got a little rain tonight.

Nelle

We got a little rain yesterday morning. Mom left yesterday afternoon and Jeremy/Athena came home last night! Our worlds are back in their normal orbits for a while.

Back @work today. We had a good visit this weekend. went shopping on Friday & Saturday, church on Sunday!

Roscoe

Countdown to vacation....
Got a bit done today in spite of everyone else. Got Rusty running, got the last bit of primer sprayed on Sam and partially mounted his rear fenders. I may spray his final paint coat this Saturday...
Ready, however, to roll out to Gatlinburg. Probably Sunday morning but maybe Saturday night..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Best thing I saw in Gatlinburg was the pinball museum.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

I like the nature there. And there is a muscle car museum nearby, and flea markets.
Morning all. Dragging, trying to avoid coffee ad sodas for their calories, and my diet mountain dew does not have enough caffeine.

Nelle

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on August 25, 2023, 01:00:20 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 24, 2023, 06:15:37 PMHusband just found out today there is a possibility he could get promoted soon.
To Lawton, Oklahoma.  eek

I know where that is!  And I hear there is an incredible burger place right outside of town that's on my bucket list of places to visit.

ooo good to know. we love a good burger spot.

We got the rain too Sunday!! It was soooo lovely.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 29, 2023, 12:37:58 PMI like the nature there. And there is a muscle car museum nearby, and flea markets.
Morning all. Dragging, trying to avoid coffee ad sodas for their calories, and my diet mountain dew does not have enough caffeine.
Best thing I saw there was a thrift store that Lou had obviously never been to. I got so many CDs...

We went there for a chat meetup last year. We all just lived our lives in Pigeon Forge for a week. My friends saw me listening to big stacks of CDs I had bought for a few hours to see if I liked them.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

My third interview went so well yesterday. This is the one I really want I think. It's on the Aetna side.
I connected so well with my interviewers. They both told me if I get the job to connect with them because they wanted to help me any way they could. I almost felt like the one girl straight up would fight to get me on her team. All offers are locked down until 9/5 cus of our transition to a new hiring platform etc. So I won't know anything for another week or so. Waiting is so hard lol.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Awesome, Jenn. Hopefully you'll hear something soon.

Roscoe

Roscoe

:hi:
Today...and one more. Then it is glorious vacation!!!

The Purple Fuzzy

Then it'll fly by so fast you'll wonder what happened. ;)

Nelle

So excited for Monday off! I love a free day off.

@Work. I got to work early by like.. 10 minutes. Finished payroll so this guy could pick up his check. THEN my computer literally just basically shut off on me. Restarted and seems to be running fine now. Thankfully I already had payroll done. Then I went to Wendy's and grabbed breakfast b/c I was starving. Now I'm trying to re-motivate.

MsJennJenn

Yesss Nelle. So excited to have another short week. I was off this past Monday too. So excited to have another Monday in a row off LOL.

Got declined for both jobs I interviewed for last week. Plus I had another interview set up for Sept 12 and it got canceled yesterday too. So strange. I have to believe God has a plan - which hopefully means the Aetna job!!  :'(

Husbands out of town in Wichita Falls this week and the next two weeks. And he is so beat down. They just really do not want him to succeed or have his own store. Makes me so grrrr. Just wish he could get a win.  :sadbounce:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

All in good time Jenn. I remember when I applied for my "dream job". Interview was amazing, and the interviewers even told me that. But they still went with someone else- someone who had academic qualifiers but ZERO experience. As in straight out of college. I was hurt and upset.
  Within six months, this job came open and it has been blessing upon blessing for the past 7 years. I love my job, have terrific bosses, better pay, better hours, and great coworkers. Every few weeks, there is something good that comes my way in it.
That "waiting in the hall" between doors was so difficult and stressful, but it was 1000% worth it when I made it through the door God wanted me to go through instead of the pretty painted door I wanted to kick off its hinges. :lol:

And- motivational speech over, I'm still the same lovable grump who is not a morning person at all this morning. Thankful it is friday, especially since it is the last day of work before I am off for 10 days...

Lynx

Over here today is a BLEEP of a day. Friday, first of the month government checks and Labor Day weekend.

By the grace of God and with the power of Moser Roth 85% cocoa bars I shall prevail!
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
Now in Cookeville,  TN.
About 2 hours away from Gatlinburg...we've been stopping  and lous been shopping.  New Ford did decent t...average 21mpg, much better than I feared for a v8 full size truck.

The Purple Fuzzy

Our son and his 3 boys were here this weekend. They left this afternoon. Had a blow out on the trailer on the way back home. Thankfully, some nice folks helped him get another tire since he just got the trailer and didn't have a spare yet. It's hard to do everything when you've got three kids by yourself.

Roscoe

Lord
 Lou has located the Zadie B's in Sevierville.  I may never actually get to Gatlinburg  :laughhard:

Lynx

And you were so close!

There's more than one thrift store in that town. Beware!
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

I have absolutely no motivation today to work. lol three-day weekend was boring but nice to not be at work.
-Alexander Den Heijer-