Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Now's the Time for Sharing 509

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 02, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Well, what if I dont want to share 509?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Share 508 then. Or 510. Rebellious troublemaker. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Locked up the Last sharing thread- someone needs to share here. :pound: Rockin' through another day. Ready to be at home. Lou has an appointment at the female doctor today. Praying for good report. And it appears I'm about to buy an acre and a half of land adjacent to my junkyard half acre.
 And I suspect that Lou shall regret the latest update in my life. See, years ago, I had a loan officer who I could call, after hours even, and get whatever I wanted. He was my friend. And the son in law of the bank president. Then he got divorced, and I lost my loan officer in the divorce. :pound: I've been a "regular" *shudder* customer every since- get what I want, but had hoops to go through.
We recently hired a new receptionist. Her husband- is a loan officer AT MY BANK. I now have his cell number, and he likes guns and Jeeps. It's nearly a bromance. I totally am gonna upgrade toys. :lol:
(The land is a tiny parcel that once belonged to my grandfather. He left it to a cousin, who has let it grow up and refused to sell to me for 20 years. She called this weekend needing money. I'm not about to pass it up, so I'm spending $2300 I did not plan too- but Chey will have a couple of acres that has family history and is on a paved road to build her a home on someday, free and clear.)
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Today is turning into one of those ugly days.. Monday. hahaha..

Everyone needs something, but they needed it yesterday. Meanwhile, I have accounting software that won't allow me to hurry up thru anything (ugh.. what another story that one is) and other priorities that are coming first. Get in line, i think I should say.. ;)

It's supposed to storm this afternoon/evening. Not greatly excited about that since they mentioned hail and tornadoes are possible. At least I'll be riding in the vehicle with my husband on the way home, so I don't have to worry as much haha. I just feel safer when ~I~ am not the one driving in it.

The Purple Fuzzy

The storm is just now hitting here.

Roscoe

There's been a bit of wind, but everything I'm finding says we are pretty much clear of any storms in Arkansas. Came home, washed dishes for Lou and straightened the living room, as well as putting a pizza in the oven. Not just ANY pizza, but one from the local Catholic church, which is composed of descendants of Italian immigrants, who brought recipes with them and make everything from dough to sauce and use real mozzarella cheese and Petit Jean Meats. All local. They are divine!
And yes. I AM fishing for a pat on the back for being a good hubby and not simply crashing in my recliner and bellering tonight.

Lynx

Bobby, three comments:

1. At first I thought you were saying the PIZZA is composed of descendants of Italian immigrants. Then I reread it.

2. What is a buffer and why were you fighting it? To me a buffer is what the computer uses to hold data until it gets around to doing what it is supposed to do with the data. It is more commonly called a cache though.

3. SCORE! How big is that piece of land? No matter... it has road access and it was $2,300. If I weren't so far away I might have tried to buy it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

And in local news, my mother knows I am allergic to cow dairy and she knows southwest Tennessee is a gastronomic wasteland where you can't get goat cheese or even goat milk, and her LOCAL GROCERY STORE sells something like eight kinds of goat cheeses... so for my birthday I got a "care package" of goat cheeses. Breakfast is going to be a wonderful time of day for many days to come.

Did you know they make goat brie? It's more delicious than the cow brie at stores.

But it's still massively unfair that northeast TN has all kinds of foods I can't even find down here in southwest TN. Mom can just go down to the local market and get goat butter by the pound or by the stick...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

A buffer is an infernal device made to polish floors.  We are the site of the Area's biannual Audit, where they make sure we have every thing the state and accreditation committee requires. SO we gotta have things looking sharp.
 Back here at work. And my first appointment has no showed, it appears.

dnr1128

Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Roscoe

Sorry Dog. I just sat here waiting to see the video before I realized it was a still-shot. :pound:

Nelle

sunlight

Lol! The video didn't load for you roscoe?

And I'm currently testing to see if I can tolerate goat milk and cheese... still experimenting on that one though.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Urgh. Dear Lord,it's morning. :pound: Totally wanted to stay in bed. This giant mug of iced coffee is all that is powering me at the moment.

dnr1128

Quote from: Roscoe on April 04, 2018, 07:24:49 PMSorry Dog. I just sat here waiting to see the video before I realized it was a still-shot. :pound:

Hahahah!  I bet you were sitting there like a mule looking at a new gate.
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Roscoe

Quote from: dnr1128 on April 05, 2018, 03:03:46 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on April 04, 2018, 07:24:49 PMSorry Dog. I just sat here waiting to see the video before I realized it was a still-shot. :pound:

Hahahah!  I bet you were sitting there like a mule looking at a new gate.
Pretty much. I thought, "man, our internet is usually faster than this."

And in sharing , I'm on the verge of wanting to kill someone. As I posted about the land- I was doing due diligence to insure there weren't any liens, ect, while waiting on my banker to call me with the paperwork (I coulda paid out of savings, but it woulda put the family account  lower than I wanted). He calls this morning, so we are a go.
I text my cousin to make arrangements to get the paperwork signed and pay her.
That heifer texts me back "Oh, I sold it last night. A guy offered me $2800, so I sold it to him".
I have not wanted to choke someone this badly in YEARS.
The fact that the land adjoins mine is bad enough.
The fact that it was my grandfathers meant more to me than its location.
I remember talking to my grandpa and trying to buy it from him when he was alive. He told me, "Son, you'll do well. She (the cousin) may not ever have anything, so I'm leaving it to her so she will always have a home". Fine. I understood.
But to know that it was nothing more than money in her hand and apparently did not mean anything to her....:pound:

Lynx

Oh that burns. Sorry to hear that Bobby. I would be slightly upset myself.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Chel if you are trying to tolerate the goat cheese that is soft, spreadable and more than a bit acerbic, please be aware that is not the only kind of goat cheese in existence. That is just the kind that most people think of when you say goat cheese. There are as many goat cheeses as there are cow cheeses, including Brie, cheddar, and a really good hard cheese I have in my fridge that tastes for all the world like parmesan.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on April 05, 2018, 05:34:39 PMAnd in sharing , I'm on the verge of wanting to kill someone. As I posted about the land- I was doing due diligence to insure there weren't any liens, ect, while waiting on my banker to call me with the paperwork (I coulda paid out of savings, but it woulda put the family account  lower than I wanted). He calls this morning, so we are a go.
I text my cousin to make arrangements to get the paperwork signed and pay her.
That heifer texts me back "Oh, I sold it last night. A guy offered me $2800, so I sold it to him".
I have not wanted to choke someone this badly in YEARS.
The fact that the land adjoins mine is bad enough.
The fact that it was my grandfathers meant more to me than its location.
I remember talking to my grandpa and trying to buy it from him when he was alive. He told me, "Son, you'll do well. She (the cousin) may not ever have anything, so I'm leaving it to her so she will always have a home". Fine. I understood.
But to know that it was nothing more than money in her hand and apparently did not mean anything to her....:pound:
I'm so sorry. People sure can be jerks. :(

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on April 04, 2018, 11:08:40 AMBut it's still massively unfair that northeast TN has all kinds of foods I can't even find down here in southwest TN. Mom can just go down to the local market and get goat butter by the pound or by the stick...

We can too. And then some.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

:rotfl:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 05, 2018, 07:15:11 PM
Quote from: Lynx on April 04, 2018, 11:08:40 AMBut it's still massively unfair that northeast TN has all kinds of foods I can't even find down here in southwest TN. Mom can just go down to the local market and get goat butter by the pound or by the stick...

We can too. And then some.
Sure, twist the knife. :(

But I still got back down here to southwest TN as fast as I could. Some things in life are important enough to be worth giving up good grocery store selection.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Its raining here.  And we have a chance of snow tonight.  Please Lord, let it snow!
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:hi: Well. Lou may kill me yet.  I've negotiated another project....see, in 2006, I stumbled across a 64 chevy pickup owned by the original owner's son. Good running condition... It was the shop truck for a friend and I's handy man service, then my friend wound up with it.
I've tried to buy it back every since. He told me that I was in his will to get "Clyde" the truck AFTER I preached his eulogy and at least one person cried. I told him somebody would cry if I had to stomp their toe.
He shot me a price today. A good price.  And now I have Clyde back, or will have tomorrow, hopefully.
No telling what it will cost me on Lou's side....the ham radio cost me a month of backbreaking labor and a thousand dollars of materials. This truck may cost the rest of my life and a years salary...:sadbounce:

On the other hand if I ever DO sell Clyde, I have several ready buyers...:lol: