News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We Won’t Talk About Elves in Sharing 512

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 21, 2019, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I just hope Bobby was able to pass that drug test...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

I passed with no issues. I's so smart I didn't even have to study none fer it. :ugly:

Today continued my less than great days, to an extent. Got scared to death and had my own revival while weedeating the church property. Some kid had tossed out a 2 foot long rubber snake in the grass. When those things are hit with a weedeater, they look remarkably real.
And on the way to church with the lawnmower, fat happy me is tooling along in a 73 year old pickup pulling a trailer, water on both sides of the road- and a stinkin' BEE flew down my shirt collar and nailed me in the back with what felt like a five foot long stinger. All I could do was beller. No place to pull over or anything..LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Went to church. Was the scheduled speaker. Spoke. Came home. Eating a left over roast made into a sandwich. Well, parts of the left over roast. I will admit to considering the remaining 2 lbs of it as well...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Roast was really good. I'd added a few packets of onion gravy and brown gravy mix to the pot while it was cooking and the resulting gravy was amazing. There's a reason I need to diet...
Today was scheduled to be a rough day. Then the offender that was going to take the most time of the day dealing with his issues failed to report. So easy now..

sunlight

I have leftover roast for lunch tomorrow too!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

:hi:
 Lou had a delicious dinner fixed when I got in- I was only an hour late. Working over is becoming a force of habit lately. It's back to drizzling again. I know God promised to not destroy the earth by water again, but I'm beginning to think that He feels like He can wipe out Arkansas without fudging His promise.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

This is debatable as there is no evidence to support the claim as yet.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

There has been so much death lately. It's been so heavy and sad.

We've probably all heard about Bro. Albritton's wife, and that has been so eye-opening for the UPCI, I hope. I can't pretend to know anything about her situation, but I pray that we can be reaching out and helping others in the wake of this life.

Even here locally (and some friends in Texas), it just keeps coming in waves. A young couple close to my friends were expecting their daughter to be born Thursday. Sunday morning, they rushed the mom to the hospital with contractions. Ultrasound confirmed that the baby had died in the womb. She has been in anguish, along with her family, not wanting to leave the baby's side. This was their first child, and the doctors don't know what has caused this. I've been praying and would appreciate any help in that matter, praying for the Shadowens family for peace and comfort in this time of grief. They are planning the family funeral tomorrow.

Over the weekend as well, a young man I knew when I was younger through mutual friends and the child's mother I went to high school with.. their 16 year old daughter is on the edge of this life. I have no idea what has been going on, and I'm not about to ask, but I've seen all of our friends grieving her as well. Please pray for her parents, Tristan (dad), Catrina (mom), and their families. Tristah is the daughter's name. I have not seen officially that she has passed, but they are apparently expecting this at any time.

On the flooding - It's getting kinda scary here. They've closed Chester bridge (crosses the Mississippi). Now the only ways west "close" are St. Louis, Cape Girardeau, and Cairo. Unfortunately, Cape's road from IL is almost flooded over, and Cairo is closing in as well. I'm praying that the floodwaters aren't greatly increased by the rain we are expecting the next several days. Homes have already been lost in 4+ states from these floods.

I selfishly also hope that the floodwaters recede before Fathers Day weekend so that I can go see my dad. At their current stage, I am still okay to go, but much more and the roads will be covered. I can't remember if I have posted about this recently or not. My dad had prostate cancer in 2008 and had surgery to remove the prostate. He has had routine checks since. His numbers in the past few years have steadily increased. They recently went from 15 to 23. He had a bone scan on Friday and will have a chemical test on the 17th. For once, Dad is taking this news better than the rest of us. I cried all weekend when we found out. I'm a bit of a dependent person when it comes to my parents. They're still my very trusty guides in decision making for myself and my husband. We trust their counsel. It's very hard to be reminded again that your parent is not immortal, haha. It's not a welcome thought, especially when it's possible that he could have something else that would shorten your time. I'm obviously praying that these tests will either show something treatable, or there will be a miraculous event - and no cancer is there anymore anywhere! I dislike asking God to do something not in His plan, so I have been praying for peace for my dad (and all of us cry babies). I'm thankful that God has apparently given my dad that peace. He's normally extremely cranky and hard to deal with (love you dad LOL) when he has unsettling news from the doctors, but Mom said he has been handling it all like it's a normal day every single day. So I'm very thankful for God even listening to the "little" things we ask.

On a more positive note - My voice is like at 97% health. I have a little cough and some slight raspy voice issues, but from two weeks ago - it's SOOO much better!! It's also VERY close to our vacation! We leave in 25ish days.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

I was out of town for a wedding Friday to Sunday. Graduation Sunday at church which I flew in by the hairs on my chin from the wedding which was in Amarillo. Participated  in graduation Sunday. Made a nice amount of money/gift cards. Went home and crashed by 10pm. (which if you know me is WAY early. I'm a 1a-2a sleeper). Then I took yesterday off to recoup.

Spent the morning at IHOP training a new admin/scheduler.
And now here I sit back at my home. Stomachs been kinda weird since IHOP and so I'm just sitting here zoning.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

sunlight

Tropical storm in the gulf? Just a possibility or for real?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Nelle- sorry to hear and praying. I saw where Bro Albritton's wife had passed, but haven't heard why or from what.
 And the hardest thing I've ever dealt with was losing my parents....Parents should be immortal, I think.

Flooding- it's supposedly on the drop here- the river appears to have crested. They down side is, most of our local issues are not only the river, but all the little tributary streams that feed from it. They lag a bit, so we may have a few more days of inconvenience in store.

Tomorrow- is gonna be court. A looooong court day- the docket is like 57 pages. I might not make church tomorrow night, because I may be stuck in court.

We get our yearly review this week. There are 4 levels possible, and depending on how high you are ranked , you get more of a raise/bonus. My boss all but told me my review, even though he can't officially give it until Thursday. He told me up front that he had tried to get me the top tier, but the idiots at headquarters cut everyone down. I know he tried, and it's not his fault. And I'm thankful for what I WILL get. But it is very unmotivating to stay on top of your game and do the best job possible and get the same reward as the slug that watches Netflix all day and does the bare minimum.
Then I remind myself that how I act shouldn't be based on anyone else. I'll do the best job I can and go to sleep at night without any guilt or regrets. At least I know MY bosses appreciate it, even if the faceless idiots in Little Rock do not.

Lynx

Thought for the day: Money is like water. You need it to survive, but having more than you need doesn't necessarily make your life better, and having too much can actually destroy things. And the more you try to pile up, the faster it flows away.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

I could def. use more. Anything medical related just literally breaks the bank. I can't handle it. It's stressing me out.
How are we supposed to stay alive if we can't afford it!!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Well, I called it. It was after 7 o'clock when I got out of court. Several of my  problem children went away. One I kinda hated- I liked the kid and tried to help him in every way possible. Unfortunately he chose to follow his own path. He didn't have any grudge though- he told me he knew he'd messed up. He's going to be locked up for around a year. The sad part is, his first child was born the day before he was arrested. He got to hold her once at the hospital. Now, she's be toddling before he is free. He did it to himself, but still sad to me.

And I'm gonna be praying about something. My friend that owns Stick's Deli and Dinner told me today he plans to sell in a couple of years, and retire. I'm tempted to see if I can get a loan with the bank and buy it, if we can strike a deal. It would get Lou out of Walmart and would make us small business owners, which we've always wanted to be..

Lynx

I can see it now.

CUSTOMER: "Why does every single piece of meat in your deli taste like it was barbecued?"

BOBBY: "I dunno, that's just how they ship them. Must be a market glut of smoked meats these days."
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 06, 2019, 10:54:26 AMI can see it now.

CUSTOMER: "Why does every single piece of meat in your deli taste like it was barbecued?"

BOBBY: "I dunno, that's just how they ship them. Must be a market glut of smoked meats these days."

ROFLOL. I'm not THAT bad. But I COULD see some smoked meatloaf, and the occasional smoked pork loin being added to the menu.
Morning all. I'm feeling a bit defeated today. Worked my tail off yesterday morning to get everything done so my coworkers don't have to deal with anything while I'm on vacation. Went to court, came in this morning and I'm right back where I started.

But. After tomorrow- which I plan to cut short if possible- I have a week off. And I ain't gonna think about this place. And, I ordered a case of my glass bottled Dr Pepper, and have the camper nearly ready to go.

MsJennJenn

Dr pepper is gross.

I applied for 6 marketing related jobs last night via LinkedIn. One in Austin, one in South Carolina (lol), and like 4 in Dallas/Irving area.

The Austin one has called, texted, and emailed me this morning already for an interview.  :o  :o  kinda trippin...
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

I prefer Pibb.. but I do like Dr Pepper.

Roscoe

What a shame. I have to lose TWO friends. :lol:

I LOVE Dr Pepper. and their new Dark Berry flavor has me hooked. Pibb- is a bad imitation. It's like Dr thunder. Oh, I'll drink it, but it ain't the same.
You don't know how many times when I've asked for Dr Pepper at a restaurant and the response is "Will Pibb be ok?" that I wanted to try to pay my bill in monopoly money. :lol:

It's flippin' raining again. Lord I am tired of it. And I forgot to pack a lunch. I'm hungry. And I don't know what I want and don't want to spend money. :pound:
And my boss had the nerve to tell me a few minutes ago that myself and the other boss were "Tight. Skinflints. Won't part with a penny or a pinto".
:pound:

MsJennJenn

I'm a coke gal. When I drink it. Which is rare. I try not to drink caffeine.
My non-caffeinated drink of choice is: Fresca!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Lord, it is morning. :pound: Now if I can just get through today....

mini

*wanders in*

Man, what day is it?  This week has been crazy.

*wanders out*
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller