We Won’t Talk About Elves in Sharing 512

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 21, 2019, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 24, 2019, 02:32:44 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on May 23, 2019, 02:44:50 AMWell.. I kinda do the whole plant thing already, in the yard. Speaking of which- my roses are beautiful this year from a distance but I'm still thinking a couple of the plants are diseased. LOADED with roses, but some of them are not the multi layered blossoms they should be, they are basically single petalled flowers. I'm no real happy about that, and can't get a straight answer on how to correct them. If it is a terminal disease, I'll dig em up and replace them...

I bought a mini rose plant back when I started the season. It's doing SO GOOD. Little light pink baby roses. So cute!

On last count my INDOOR plants were sitting about 75? Ish? I think. lol That's not counting anything outside.
Wowser. Indoor plants I can't do. But I have window boxes full of annuals on all of our front windows, Roses all along in front of the house....jonquils lining the driveway. I have an OLD teacup rose like what you describe climbing a trellis that I need to replace on the west end of the house ( I dug the rose up at an old homestead where the main trunk of it was reaching about 30 feet high in a tree, it looked like a pink rose waterfall when it was bloomed out, but it was on the edge of the roadway and they were widening the road. I couldn't let it be murdered); and numerous lilacs, forsythia, blooming Japanese cherry trees and a very hardy and slightly annoying wisteria vine. The wisteria is beautiful and smells awesome when it blooms, but it sends out tentacles ALL OVER.
And I have several other things I want to plant...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Haha yea I def. got my Moms green thumb. I have loads of plants indoors. It's my jam. And why my instagram handle is "thejennifajungle" lol and yours sounds gorgeous Bobby!!!! All those flowers. Ack . Jealous.

My prides outside right now are that rose bush (which is in a POT by the way, not in the ground) and my hibiscus. LOVE love hibiscus. Oh and the hay bale garden obviously.

My squash plants are HUGE and have tonnns of flowers. Praying they produce before the stinking squash bugs get em.
My corn, sunflowers and gladiolas are all about a foot tall. Can't wait. EEK.

I think the other flowers I planted and the onions all gave up the ghost. I have one pepper plant that's about 4" and several good sized tomato plants. Those should produce eventually. They need the heat first.

LOVE IT.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

When you started talking squash, onions and tomatoes I went from apathetic to attentive. :D

Y'all can keep the flowers and bushes, but a good blackberry vine or cherry tree is a great thing to have.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

The flowers are all beautiful when they bloom out.....
I have finished my fence project. Well, almost finished. I still have to cut down and hang a small gate, but I can't do that until the cement sets that the posts are in. Looks much better, even though it did go over budget a bit. I also mowed the yard. Place looks much better now. Fixing to take the Jeep to Russellville and get a steak to grill. I've some in the freezer, but they are frozen and won't have time to thaw..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I am currently severely ticked off.

Last night I tried to use my debit card to make a car rental reservation. This caused my card to be shut down because... well, near as I can figure because the card issuer is paranoid. This is the second time in two weeks my card has been shut down. Two weeks ago it was held up because I tried to make an ebay purchase from a seller in California.

I called today and was told the bank people could not unblock my card on a Saturday. They recommended I call the 800 number on the back of the card. Sure, that helped a lot - the automated system I got on the phone said to talk to my bank. Really, that's ALL I got out of it.

Oh yeah, and the bank is closed Monday of course.

So my direct-deposit paycheck is sitting in the bank, out of my reach, because of a paranoid card issuer. For FIVE DAYS!

Oh yeah and I can't get that car rental, and all my pending amazon purchases just failed..
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

:(
I'm sorry, Isaac.
Some things you NEED a credit card for. Just pay it off every month.

Roscoe

That is one reason I have an extra debit card that has been activated and stashed in a safe. Had my shut down a few years back due to a fraud.... my local bank takes around 2 weeks to issue a new one. After that, I decided I would never again be in that position...

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Beautiful here too. However, we are steadily watching the flooding start. ALL the water from Oklahoma, ect is passing through here, and it looks like it is gonna take a lot of property with it. They are saying that this flood will be worse around here than any in recorded history, including the great flood of 1927. If it does what they expect, we may be stuck out here at our house for a few days, unable to get to town...

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

I saw Chel today and little Bobby. :bigcheese:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on May 28, 2019, 03:03:21 AMBeautiful here too. However, we are steadily watching the flooding start. ALL the water from Oklahoma, ect is passing through here, and it looks like it is gonna take a lot of property with it. They are saying that this flood will be worse around here than any in recorded history, including the great flood of 1927. If it does what they expect, we may be stuck out here at our house for a few days, unable to get to town...
Yeah that's like what the Tennessee River did earlier this year. We have seen a LOT of other people's rain go by. And in. And through. And over.

Some farmers had a crop of catfish instead of corn.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Had intentions of being productive. However, my cat I just picked up from surgery this morning had completely different plans. We are apparently cuddling all day until church this evening.

Roscoe

Well, due to flooding, we cancelled church tonight. In the words of Mini-"thank God it is raining. My water was getting dry."
It's storming. I'm totally not a fan.
It's been a long day today. I'm actually becoming concerned that this infernal flooding is going to impact my car show...my one vacation a year I look forward to.

The Purple Fuzzy

I hear thunder. I guess the storms are heading this way again. Been tornados between here & Dallas earlier.

Lynx

Down here in TN it is dry. I mowed the yard yesterday and I'm really, really, really hoping it stays dry around here so I won't have to mow again for a good long time.

We never have a water shortage though. All the creeks and streams and rivers seem to always find water from somewhere.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

In local news, I went by the salvage grocery store yesterday to see what I could see. I saw half-gallon bottles of hollandaise sauce. I figured it would be just more flavored soybean oil - that's what all the sauces are these days - but I checked the ingredients anyway and it started "water, cream, butter, egg, vinegar..."  :clap:  :great:

It's about as thick as mayo, but it doesn't jiggle like a jar of mayo. It has the texture of half-melted butter and the flavor of butter and cream and just a touch of lemon.

I got three jars and I think this morning before w*rk I'll go back and get the remaining jugs. You don't find this every day for $3 a jug. Shoot, you don't find this every day at any price, real hollandaise sauce that is not just soybean oil.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: Rained all night. Finally stopped this morning. The office is quiet today...

Nelle

Really hoping I can get over whatever this 'sickness' is asap. Been on allergy meds for a long time now, and if these are allergy issues causing this.. I'm not sure my meds are working. I'd like to have my voice back and the cough to go away. Been adding new issues this week. I'm just not really wanting to be at the doctor's office every single week. I guess I did go to the doc too early in the sickness because I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle to get better. I am very thankful that I don't have a sore throat now. I'm going to try to wait until Monday to see if I get any better or not. I'm just done. I want to be my normal again.

Heather

1st migraine in a few months. At least so far today I've kept food down and my vision isnt blurry (unlike yesterday).

We could use some rain here in East TN. Yall can keep the tornados though.

If ya ain't got money in the bank, ya dont have to worry about no stinking debit cards. Haha!

Roscoe

Shew. Long story but I need to vent.... Today- was a nightmare. One of my parolees, on parole for taking money for construction jobs and not doing them, is up to his old tricks. Only he's smarter this time. He does just enough work to make it a breach of a civil contract, not a felony. This means I can't arrest him.
I got notified by the State Board of Contractors that they were investigating him. Being smart, I notified my supervisors, in case something bad happened. It did- the local TV station aired an expose on him statewide. Of course, my report went all the way to the department head, who basically told me to find a legal way to arrest him. And do it now. Problem- he lives on the OTHER side of the flood waters.
S0- myself and another officer drove 2 hours around the flood to discover that he wasn't home. Managed to make contact by phone, told him to report in and he told me he was on the other side of the state- where he was not supposed to be.
 So we start for the office. Take a little known back road to skirt around the flooding, as directed by a deputy friend. 20 miles of bad dirt logging road later, I have found civilization. But before I got off of the dirt road, a deer ran out, honest to God tripped, and went UNDER my driver's front wheel. I ran over the poor thing's head before I could stop and I was only going 20 mph!
I go back, it's laying there not moving. Has obvious broken neck and legs, and is still breathing. I can't let it suffer so I shot it in the head.
I then called my boss and told him, as well as called Dispatch and told them.
Using my gun is considered an act of force. I had to  fill out three different forms, take a drug test, fill out a critical incident report- basically two hours of work. If I had not been in shock over the deer's suicide by cop, I'd have shot it with my OWN 9mm I had on my ankle. I would not have had to do ANY of that if I had...
I told my main boss to put away the voodoo doll of me that she was poking pins into, I'd had enough...
So I was pretty much on the go and doing paperwork all day today. Bah. This was Friday. Supposed to be an easy day.

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm here. A feral kitten was trying to get in my little chick pen. I wish they'd stay out of my yard.