News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

We Won’t Talk About Elves in Sharing 512

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 21, 2019, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

They seem to go north of you guys lately.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Sweet baby Jesus. Today has been fun. Not.
I'm working the early shift today. That usually means no issues, and just a few people to see. But our admin and every other officer went to mandatory training. Our Drug Court Officer is working the late shift. So from 7 this morning until a few ago, I was receptionist, drug court officer, drug tester, parole officer and everything in between. Crazy.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Hmm let's see what have I done today so far.....

- eaten breakfast
- checked the mail
- played a game on my phone
- sent weekly report email

hmm. what else.... :angel:  :twocents:

For real though - most days I'm SUPER bored.
And a neighboring district who is getting a new admin/scheduler (which is what I am) wants that new admin to shadow me for FOUR days next week the entire day. I said um no. I'm not getting dressed and spending 24 hours outside my home when we are just gonna sit and talk the ENTIRE 8 hours each day cus I don't do enough work for that. :roll:

I know, I know - every has their own problems. Some do too much....Some don't do enough.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

LOL. I know it seems like it's boring and slow now, but you do have those very stressful days where you're trying to find replacements to cover people's shifts.. that's chaos! haha.. It ebbs and flows for every workplace!

For instance, I may or may not have checked up on a game on my phone a little more today than I would on a Mon-Wed-Fri.. because our Tues-Thurs are just quieter.. and I have a little breathing room! I will dispute this if brought up to my workplace tho.. HAHAHAHA. I've been pretty productive tho.. esp considering it's not been all that pretty outside.

I spilled bbq/mayo combo on my shirt during lunch. My husband said it's "man cologne" but I can't handle food smells when I'm no longer eating. I think I'm going to start carrying a change of clothing in my vehicle for moments like these. Thankfully I was able to get most of the smell-inducing parts off so that it's not SO loud of a scent.

I have a cough here the past few days accompanied by a scratchy throat. So when I go pick up this darling birthday girl's bike from Walmart, I'm going to pick up some OJ as well. I would honestly rather have a bathroom issue than have a sore throat. Something about not realizing how much I actually swallow and use my throat. Also chugging water still. I'm determined to get better ASAP!

We aren't going to my family's house for Memorial Weekend now, but I do get to go to a birthday party that I usually miss due to it being on the holiday weekend, and hopefully I can get some of the housework done that gets shoved to the side during the week with that extra day on Monday.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on May 21, 2019, 06:23:14 PMbut I can't handle food smells when I'm no longer eating.

ME EITHER. I cannot handle food smells ever. Puke.

and those stressful shift coverage happenings are few and far between these days. lol

I also made a dentist appointment for next week. Begrudgingly. Very begrudgingly.  :noo:
Now I have to go puke again for making that appointment. Cue my anxiety for the next 7 days.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Aww! I had a really horrible dentist when I was in high school. They always had this way of making me and my mother feel awful for not being able to afford all of the work that needed to be done as soon as they mentioned it. I would cry every single time on the way to and from those appointments. I know it made mom feel awful as well. That dentist died in a small plane accident, and while I was very sad for his family, I was thankful to get to choose a new dentist. My momma didn't want to rock the boat by switching until then. I still to this day only have anxiety about paying for the procedures/work, and NOT the actual pain/work itself. I had a wonderful pediatric dentist whom our whole family LOVED and went to until he retired, and I have had great dentists since the bad one thankfully. I even had a better experience with getting braces than I ever had at the 'bad dentist.'

I'm on my 3rd bottle of water. If I could get like one of those hats with hoses connected to a water source where I could just sip when I needed instead of taking time to drink out of a cup or bottle, I think my throat would feel better.. LOL.

Ready for a nap!

Roscoe

I survived the day. Counting down to this weekend. Thank the Lord for a State Job that believes in holidays, cause I sure need this Memorial Day three day weekend. And it is supposed to be pretty too.
 I might get my fence done after all. And as far as food smells- I enjoy them too much. If I didn't enjoy the smell, I wouldn't eat the food which is making me fat(ter).

I have come to the conclusion that I have too many home improvement projects/wants ; too many hobbies/hobby projects; too many duties and chores; not enough money; not enough time; and wonder if I'll ever get it all done.

My home improvement list-

1) finish the tile laying on the kitchen dining room floor

2) paint the cabinets

3) install new counter tops

4) remodel the bathroom

5) put a rollup door on the shop

6) finish the privacy fence

7) build a patio behind it with an outdoor kitchen and firepit

8) Build the shop of my dreams.

Hobby list-
1) restore Sam, complete with paint

2) get my first truck, a '63 Dodge, on the road

3) get the Stude running and driving, and in primer at least

4) Install two more towers for antennas

5) Buy an RV, or even better a 1950's school bus and renovate it into a motorhome for vacations.

Basically, I need to win the lottery and live to be around 120. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

??? Bobby, I don't really understand having that many vehicles. ???

Lynx

Well at least Bobby can be fairly certain of having ONE vehicle operational at any given time.

Plus he has to build up a reserve. As energetic and enthusiastic as his daughter is, teaching her to drive might cost a couple vehicles. :p
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 22, 2019, 03:07:18 AM??? Bobby, I don't really understand having that many vehicles. ???
If they were regular vehicles, I'd agree. I just have a passion for antique vehicles. The Stude is a '56...The Dodge is sentimental...Sam, well, I just enjoy the old guy. And the nice thing about antique vehicles, no matter what condition they are in, SOMEONE will want them.
 For instance, although I will likely never part with Sam, he is one of the most popular body styles of antique trucks in existence and would be sold within a day of putting him up for sale. So in a way, they are kinda a bank account. Over the years, I've bought and sold antique cars, trucks, and corvettes and always made money on them eventually. Unless you count the last Corvette, that I traded for the Jeep. I probably undersold it, but it wasn't a hobby car, it was pretty much a daily driver, so I don't think I got hurt on it.

Cheyenne and her mama can dispose of these old rides when something happens to me. For now though, they are stress relief. And the parts to keep them running are actually cheap, so I don't spend much money on them until I get ready to refinish them, which I can do on my time and budget. For instance, if I take three years to get two fenders painted for Sam, I'm the only one annoyed by the wait time. LOL

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on May 22, 2019, 01:50:46 PMThe Dodge is sentimental...
Yeah, I once had a chevy that would tear up every time I watched that Cars movie. I finally had to get rid of the thing. It refused to leave the garage, just sat there watching the movie over and over.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Everybody has their thang. Bobby collects cars, I collect plants. lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

And I collect music. My grandmother has many times asked me the same thing about songs that Fuzzy asked Bobby about cars.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Songs don't take up much space and aren't that expensive. Cars on the other hand... Gas, registration, inspections, parts, insurance, somewhere to put them... Sounds like an expensive and bulky hobby.

But if you got the money & space and enjoy it, go for it. ;)

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 23, 2019, 02:06:28 AMSongs don't take up much space and aren't that expensive. Cars on the other hand... Gas, registration, inspections, parts, insurance, somewhere to put them... Sounds like an expensive and bulky hobby.

But if you got the money & space and enjoy it, go for it. ;)
LOL. Registration in Arkansas for antiques is a one time thing, about $50.Permanent tags, never need to renew. No inspections, and insurance is around 15/month a piece for liability. When they get closer to being refinished, I can step them into a collector car policy for around $250 a year total, up to at least 4 vehicles. Most folks that collect cars don't put a ton of miles on them, so there are insurance products out there specifically for us. I DO have full coverage on Rusty the 46, but that's because he is my daily driver, and even so it isn't bad on him, compared to Lou's Lincoln. The Stude and Dodge aren't roadworthy so they are not insured currently. Parts aren't too bad- these are very simple vehicles. For instance, the Dodge needs a motor and transmission. I've located both for $200 total, that run fine.
 Somewhere to put them- well, that's an issue I haven't resolved to my satisfaction yet. LOL

There are some states that if I lived in I couldn't afford one antique much less my fleet. Fortunately, Arkansas has not thought of us small time car hobbyist as revenue yet.
 I will admit that Isaac's songs, Jenn's plants, and Chel's chickens are less bulky and probably cheaper. One day when I'm old, I'll slow down and try them.

Well.. I kinda do the whole plant thing already, in the yard. Speaking of which- my roses are beautiful this year from a distance but I'm still thinking a couple of the plants are diseased. LOADED with roses, but some of them are not the multi layered blossoms they should be, they are basically single petalled flowers. I'm no real happy about that, and can't get a straight answer on how to correct them. If it is a terminal disease, I'll dig em up and replace them...

mini

Weather....

Oklahoma is getting nailed.  Yesterday evening a tornado went right by my parents house.  We were watching a live feed on Facebook and the storm chaser went down the road west of their house chasing the tornado.

We have surpassed the historic floods of 1986.  We are on track to surpass the biggest flood in state history.  And to make matters worse, two fully loaded barges broke loose in Muskogee, and are headed towards a lock and dam and the I40 bridge.  They are evacuating entire towns along the river.  In Tulsa and Muskogee they are evacuating entire neighborhoods.

I'm pretty sure we are OK, but we are only a few miles from the river.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Oklahoma looks scary these days. :( I have family in the Okemah area. Glad you are okay and I pray the flooding stays away!

I've had a sore throat for 3-4 days now. Went to the doctor yesterday and she agreed that it's most likely allergies. I have to go for an xray today though to make sure there's nothing else going on in my lungs since I have a questionable cough. Freaks me out, but hopefully that'll be nothing as well. Ready to feel 100%! I've been some form of sick (not mental :P) or extremely tired for most of the time since March.

I'm alive though with a home, a car, a job, a spouse, two cats, and bills.. so I'm blessed.

mini

I know several people from the Okemah area.

The Purple Fuzzy

This year the weather has been so weird. Praying for y'all, mini.

mini

Saw this on facebook:

A quick rundown for all of my non-okie friends; currently:

There have been 183748+- tornadoes since Sat.
It's rained and drained like Pi R squared into Lake Keystone
The Arkansas River is projected to hit the fan.
Saint Meteorologist Travis Meyer is working like 96hrs straight fueled on super cells, red bull and spicy dorito crumbs in his mustache
OH, and there's 2 runaway barges that can't be stopped headed right to a dam which is being described at catastrophic.

Oklahoma... OK!

Nelle

I saw that barge post last night. That was terrifying just reading. I can only imagine living close!

My kin are all Andersons or Talbots or Marks. They mostly go to Bro. Shatwell's church, but I believe Tab and Amanda go to another church because I don't think they live in Okemah anymore.

mini

Roscoe

Y'all done got quiet. I'm fixing to go out and grab a few home visits. Wish I had taken today off. I went last night and bought the remaining panels and posts I needed for the fence, and haggled the price down to half price on one of the panels because it had a warped board. All I need now is to get some QuickCrete and angle brackets and I should have the fence up by the end of the week end... which is supposed to be beautiful and hot.
I can see smokers and grills in my future. Had intentions of possibly camping, but the two campgrounds we like the most are out of commission. One got trees slammed all over it last week with the straightline winds/tornado came through (the campground Mini and Chellbelle and my family go to when they come down to ) and the other is on the banks of the Arkansas River. Since I don't want to wake up floating in a houseboat down the river, we will decline that one too. I really don't think the Scotty is waterproof to THAT level despite my best efforts.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on May 23, 2019, 02:44:50 AMWell.. I kinda do the whole plant thing already, in the yard. Speaking of which- my roses are beautiful this year from a distance but I'm still thinking a couple of the plants are diseased. LOADED with roses, but some of them are not the multi layered blossoms they should be, they are basically single petalled flowers. I'm no real happy about that, and can't get a straight answer on how to correct them. If it is a terminal disease, I'll dig em up and replace them...

I bought a mini rose plant back when I started the season. It's doing SO GOOD. Little light pink baby roses. So cute!

On last count my INDOOR plants were sitting about 75? Ish? I think. lol That's not counting anything outside.
-Alexander Den Heijer-