News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

We Won’t Talk About Elves in Sharing 512

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 21, 2019, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Wondered where you'd wandered off to, Autopartsgirl....

Weather has been mean all day. I went out and did a home visit, counseled with a young man facing the consequence of some incredibly poor choices, and am biding my time until escape, approximately 2 hours from now..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Taco, I was sound asleep. How is it going now?

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

It's Friday!! :bustamove:
Even if it is dreary and overcast with a very good probability of more rain, I shall rejoice, as I NEED a weekend.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been a busy day. Good night all. Zzzzzz

Heather

I ended up on a driving shift yesterday afternoon. Ended up smack dab in middle of a severe thunderstorm and got hailed on trying to get parts into a store.

Driving again today. Remembered my rain jacket at least.

Tomorrow is our 4 year wedding anniversary.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Had another person die from the church I grew up in. This has been a bad year for losing folks from there.

Roscoe

That's sad.  We've had storms too, but fortunately no hail. I got up this morning and cleaned up the house for Lou, did the dishes and steamed the floor. 

Roscoe

:hi: Beautiful day. Guess everyone is out enjoying it. I'm doing nothing productive and intend to continue in that manner until church time.

Ashlee

It's a beautiful day here as well!  I'm hoping that my laundry actually has time to dry before it rains. 

Anyway, hello everyone! :hi:

Roscoe

Quote from: Ashlee on May 05, 2019, 11:45:44 PMIt's a beautiful day here as well!  I'm hoping that my laundry actually has time to dry before it rains.  

:eek!:  :eek!:  My, but it is good to see a long ago- I almost said old- poster on here. Wish more of ya would wonder around. We can't even get Sethers and Mel to come back......

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on May 06, 2019, 03:34:24 AM
Quote from: Ashlee on May 05, 2019, 11:45:44 PMIt's a beautiful day here as well!  I'm hoping that my laundry actually has time to dry before it rains. 

:eek!:  :eek!:  My, but it is good to see a long ago- I almost said old- poster on here. Wish more of ya would wonder around. We can't even get Sethers and Mel to come back......
Seth & Mel practically LIVED here back in the day.

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, it crashes every time I try to fix my typo. That should say "here" not her.

Lynx

What crashes? The webpage or the computer?

Also, howdy y'all. Life continues for me as always.

Yesterday was rewarding. I was able to help three people by being a nerd. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

Well... we got the generator home- and lost power before we even had time to get it out of the truck. We have had so many storms the year. We lost a huge oak tree in our back yard too.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

I've been off singing TENOR for Ladies Conf. :hypocrite:
 Sis Carla Burton from TN (i think) was our night speaker. SO GOOD OMW. SO SO GOOD.

Then we had a 4 hour practice Saturday. Then I had to praise sing/choir for church yesterday. I've not much of a voice at this point. It's pretty scraggly.

Quote from: Heather on May 02, 2019, 02:01:30 PMMy raised garden beds are starting to sprout.

My hay bale garden is doing swell too! My corn, gladiolas, and sunflowers are about a foot tall.
My tomatoes and zucchini are doing ok also. I see one sprout for the onions, and like one sprout for the peppers. But nothing else for the other flowers I planted.

But my strawberry plant from last year has about TEN strawberries - well minus the ripe one I picked this morning - on it! SO EXCITED. I ignored that plant from about August on last year lol....Mom says they usually do better the second year.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

So far, knock on wood, we haven't lost any trees, but as waterlogged as our yard is I wouldn't be surprised if we did. Today has been a hair puller already. And when you have as few hairs as I do, that's saying something. So far I've been coordinating with the jail on several offenders, two different Arkansas courts, and a Missouri court system. I'm totally over today, and over adulting. :pound:

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 06, 2019, 03:40:01 AMWell, it crashes every time I try to fix my typo. That should say "here" not her.

I used my Almighty Mod powers and magically fixed it for ya, Fuzz.

mini

Urgh.

It was a wild and wooly weekend. That's about all I have to say about that right now.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 06, 2019, 04:18:16 PMI've been off singing TENOR for Ladies Conf. :hypocrite:
 Sis Carla Burton from TN (i think) was our night speaker. SO GOOD OMW. SO SO GOOD.
Carla Burton... wonderful person. Sometimes at Tennessee church meeting of a lot of churches she will lead a kind of ad-hoc mass choir made up of anybody who wants to join. She's fun, intelligent and she doesn't hog all the lead parts.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Yawn. It was SO hard to wake up this morning. A really comfortable room temperature seems to be the culprit, as well as being sleep-deprived, haha.

sunlight

You know how some things just wait and all break at the same time? Well- we were working on electrical to an out building- and found out that the previous owners of our house only buried the sewer field line 4 inches deep... and then this morning in the process of trying to fix that- we found the water line that was buried (on top) of the sewer line! And then on top of that our washer is messsd up- something about the water valve... and the dryer isn't drying- but it's not the element. Ugh.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

It really does all happen at the same time Chel. That happens at work too when you're about to take vacation. Seems like everything happens or goes wrong! :roll:

Tomorrow is my Friday for work. Woot. Fly out Thursday to NH for Graduation.  :hyper:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on May 07, 2019, 03:52:41 PMYou know how some things just wait and all break at the same time? Well- we were working on electrical to an out building- and found out that the previous owners of our house only buried the sewer field line 4 inches deep... and then this morning in the process of trying to fix that- we found the water line that was buried (on top) of the sewer line! And then on top of that our washer is messsd up- something about the water valve... and the dryer isn't drying- but it's not the element. Ugh.
Wow. I had that happen with a minivan once. I found out the driver's side door latch broke, and it turned out it had broken with the previous owner and he had done a quick patch job instead of really fixing the problem. In the meantime five other things broke, including another door handle.

The power train is bullet-proof though, it seems. Mazda runs like a champ, but the accoutrements tend to be made of cheap plastic.
"Do you sing at church?"