News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

We Won’t Talk About Elves in Sharing 512

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 21, 2019, 09:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on March 29, 2019, 11:33:13 AMMy uncle Fred tells everybody they need an iPhone... then he grins like a gremlin and says he owns an Android, but his retirement account has Apple stock, so he is in favor of everybody else buying an iPhone.
Xfinity Mobile only sold Ipones when we signed up with them. Now, they say I can get a free upgrade and androids are available, but it has to be done in an Xfinity Mobile store which apparently doesn't exist yet.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

I would usually automatically recommend getting your own "unlocked" phone and swapping sim cards... but it seems Xfinity doesn't support BYOP (bring your own phone) yet. They say they are working on it.

Wait... what? BYOP has been a thing for almost a decade now!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:
 Went to church. Ate potluck. Came home and mowed the yard. This is one of my favorite times of the year....everything green and pretty, starting to bud out. Unfortunately they are calling for a freeze tonight. If everything goes right though, this'll be the last. My beloved petunias should hit the shelves within the next couple of weeks and I can get my window boxes planted. I'm going to have to replace 4 rose bushes, though, which have developed some disease.

Other summer plans, as I can afford it around the house 1) finish my French drain project to keep the septic functioning; 2) 36 foot long privacy fence; 3) build a 20x17 foot patio with new grill and smoker, maybe a fire pit and a swing...oh, and 4) rebuild doors on the shop;5) clean out carport room and install new freezer for the 1/4 beef we have coming.... And in the next week or so, haul a load or two of garbage and junk to the dump, on free dump day.
 I don't think projects will ever end.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Maybe Chel can answer this one. I've been curious about it for some time...

It seems possible for standard stock camera apps to allow the user to take a short video, then scroll through the video frames and select the one to be used as a picture. This would eliminate much frustration when trying to get the perfect shot. I have not seen a stock phone that does this.

Of course one could do it manually with a short video loaded in a video editor, then screenshot. But I keep wondering why it is not a standard feature on phone camera apps. Surely technology has long since been capable of such.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 31, 2019, 01:48:49 PM:yawn:

For some reason, I have always loved watching that smiley yawn and then smack its little lips. LOL. So, thanks! LOL.

I also had a manager situation like others have mentioned! They hired an asst mgr at the TJ Maxx. I could NOT stand him. He was always flirting with the female associates and I don't think he was exactly "manager material" either. I sometimes felt bad for being the one who took him down, but I really feel like he was not a good fit for the climate of the store (mostly due to his inappropriate behavior/language with the female staff). Unfortunately for him, I happened to be there when he broke a string of MAJOR no-no rules and he tried to hide it from me as well. I probably would have never known if I hadn't needed him to sign off on paperwork, couldn't get him to answer my page, and then paged one of the other girls to see where he was... and that's when she told me "He threw me the store keys, ran outside saying he had to go help his wife" .... You don't leave employees alone in your store when you're the only manager on duty. You also especially don't leave the keys with some part time kid. It was just all around bad judgement. I had to tell the manager when they came in for shift change about it, and I let them know my other concerns as well. He was replaced within a week or so. I'm pretty sure I was not the only person to share those other concerns as well. I don't "go after" anyone, but if I feel like it's inappropriate (and especially if I'm asked), I will let someone know. (He gave me the creeps.. and my radar has never been wrong yet.) Thankfully, he found other gainful employment and seems to be happy with it.

I work for a Pentecostal/Apostolic family who owns this business (electrical contractor), and they also wield the prayer weapon when they need to. A few non-Pentecostals who work here have told me about one time where they were praying that someone would 'move out of the way' on one of their projects because that person was causing SO much strife on the project itself. That person died. These coworkers were like "I'll never not take their prayers seriously." They obviously weren't praying for the person to die.. but over and over again, God has looked out for His children (in less lethal ways). Praying a protection over your wife, Roscoe. It's stressful I'm sure.

@Work - obviously since I'm typing away on here, LOL.

Had a busy weekend. Missionary spotlight went pretty well I think. Business meeting went without much hangup too. Successful weekend. back to the grind this week..

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on April 01, 2019, 01:21:52 PMMaybe Chel can answer this one. I've been curious about it for some time...

It seems possible for standard stock camera apps to allow the user to take a short video, then scroll through the video frames and select the one to be used as a picture. This would eliminate much frustration when trying to get the perfect shot. I have not seen a stock phone that does this.

Of course one could do it manually with a short video loaded in a video editor, then screenshot. But I keep wondering why it is not a standard feature on phone camera apps. Surely technology has long since been capable of such.
I'm not Chel, but my iPhone will take video bursts where you can choose the photo that you want.

Roscoe

:hi:
Work as well. Shew. Lord, It's been nonstop all day. I haven't even had time to aggravate Mini since early this morning. Got a message that my 1/4 of a beef I ordered is being packaged. That means fresh meat for the family for the next few months. So much better than the store meat.
Now, I gotta go deal with an idiot that I can't stand who is on my caseload. I'm not a gambler, but I'd nearly lay a check on the fact that he will fail a drug test. Very few of my offenders cause me to actively dislike them, but this one has..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

I just ordered two lava lamps for an 8 (turning 8 Thurs) year old for her birthday present. I wish I had kept my old one.. I'm sure she would've loved a bonus! LOL..

Eating lunch.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on April 01, 2019, 03:18:27 PMGod has looked out for His children (in less lethal ways).

This cracked me up.  :angel3

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 01, 2019, 04:28:06 PMI'm not Chel, but my iPhone will take video bursts where you can choose the photo that you want.

He's anti-apple. lol :nono:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I too am anti-apple. Unfortunately, my beloved daughter is an apple fiend. She has an ipad and an iPhone. And my wife has tendencies- she has an ipad as well. Unlike Adam, I stand strong and refuse to partake of the evil fruit.

Nelle

LOL. I have an iPad (2.. actually.. I gave one of them to my mom tho so she could play games on it), an iPhone, and my next computer will be a Mac. This Windows 10 business going on with Microsoft is driving me insane haha.

I tried to use an android phone for a few months when my iphone got ran over on the highway. I very intensely disliked it. I went back very quickly.

MsJennJenn

I've a whole bushel of apples: tv(x2), iPhone, iWatch, Macbooks; I had an iPad but it was super old, so I sold it on eBay.

Apple only house here. :demand:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

I would expect you images of Eve to do no less, you rebellious devils.  It's cause of you'uns I have to earn my living by the sweat of my brow. :pound:

Went to Morrilton tonight and spent a $20 on annuals for the window boxes. Even if it frosts again, they are safe, being on the porch. Making our place look much better...

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 02, 2019, 06:21:23 PMHe's anti-apple. lol :nono:
Ain't dunnit. I'm a big fan of apple products for people who just want a computer to work so they can get online and check facebook.

I'm also a big fan of missionaries using apple products. Almost as reliable as thinkpads. Whenever a missionary is going off to some country where you can't get ebay shipping I'm glad to see him taking an apple notebook.

I'm just not a big fan of using them myself. I like to do things Apple doesn't want its users to do.

I didn't know makers of apps had (finally) implemented that camera feature though. It's about time. We have had the technology for a decade or more now.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Lord. It's back to morning already. That means I'm back at work. Oh, how my soul hungers for the Lord. And pancakes. And enough money to not have to work..

Lynx

For the record 280ft of 1/8in braided cable is HEAVY! Especially when you are trying to string it taut between two trees 280ft apart. Also wrapping braided metal cable around your hand and pulling really hard can cut your hand in two.

I wound up winding up the cable in a figure 8 around the handles of my bolt cutters and using that as the pull-bar. And bracing my foot against the tree trunk. And praying a bit. And praying a bit more. But the dog run cable is strung up now.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Interview next week for two positions open at our Division Office (local). Admin for the Division VP and Admin for the Sr VP of Retail. I'm a good candidate for either. And I come highly recommended. Guess we'll see what happens.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 03, 2019, 08:11:35 PMInterview next week for two positions open at our Division Office (local). Admin for the Division VP and Admin for the Sr VP of Retail. I'm a good candidate for either. And I come highly recommended. Guess we'll see what happens.

Would you get to still work from home?

Good Luck!!

@Work. Eating lunch. Slow Cooker Crack Chicken and drinking some Mtn Dew. I've been on the Dew kick for a few weeks now. I only drink the little bottle tho. Then back to water I go!

Woke up so sleepy. Having a hard time going to sleep at night. The temperature fluctuations get confusing when it's time to plan our house temperature for sleeping perfection hahaha.

Roscoe

:hi:. Went to the range today. Froze to death, as it was raining nonstop. Got range all day tomorrow too.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on April 04, 2019, 04:41:10 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 03, 2019, 08:11:35 PMInterview next week for two positions open at our Division Office (local). Admin for the Division VP and Admin for the Sr VP of Retail. I'm a good candidate for either. And I come highly recommended. Guess we'll see what happens.

Would you get to still work from home?

Thanks all. More than likely not Nelle. But I'm not like overly worried. I'm BORED to the max. And seriously working from home makes you lazy in some ways. I'm ready for the change I think.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

sunlight

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 01, 2019, 04:28:06 PM
Quote from: Lynx on April 01, 2019, 01:21:52 PMMaybe Chel can answer this one. I've been curious about it for some time...

I'm not Chel, but my iPhone will take video bursts where you can choose the photo that you want.
What she said. On the iPhone it's called live photo. Not sure what the feature is called on Android. I asked the other day if there was an android version- and was told yes. I haven't looked for it myself yet.

Ok sharing: when driving a 1 ton manual diesel truck- it is fun to float gears in it.
 Troubleshooting washer problems with my father in law is not fun- because he is 100% convinced the problem is one thing- till I prove him wrong- then he is 100% convinced it's another thing... till I prove that wrong. Ugh. I don't have the electrical knowledge he does, but his problem solving and mine are 2 different methods.
I'd rather do manual labor to get something done than talk to someone when I'm frustrated- even if it's talking about unloading a ton of feed.
I am tired. Mentally.
I never realized how much I took for granted the ability to go to bed, go to sleep, wake up rested, be able to get out of bed with my own 2 legs and feet, and not have to take longer than my old normal to do so.

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!