News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Let’s see if Lynx goes a Courting in Sharing 514

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 02, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Been with chel most of the week helping build an addition.  Well, actually I've been cooking to feed the workers.

sunlight

And I sure appreciate the help. It's been a long week.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 02, 2020, 04:08:59 AMNelle you know a Joseph Curtis??

Home. Finally.

Name didn't ring a bell, so I looked him up on Facebook. lol.. I don't know him that I know of, but we have a ton of mutual friends.

MsJennJenn

My mom told her friend she needed to find me a husband lol cus Arkansas was closer to Indy than Texas. :roll:

So her friend and her friends mom came up with that name lol out of the moms church in Jonesboro.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Probably out of Sanctuary. It's a good church. That's the church friends we had in common haha. Explains that!

@Work. Ready for leavin' time!

Roscoe

Well. Obviously, Jenn should follow up with Dude-man. I mean, if he's from Arkansas he can't be all bad.
Hi, all. Cruising towards the weekend. A weekend that I will be too broke to leave the house, thus I anticipate spending the majority of the weekend reading. "Please don't throw me in the briar patch! Please!"
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Jenn- you weren't kidding when you said the RV's roof was bad damaged. Holy Smokes. I was looking on FB marketplace on the surrounding states- your dad has posted it for sale with pics. That's gonna be a job...

Lynx

For the record I'm still here. Just don't got nothin to talk about.

Yesterday at w*rk was a BLEEP of a day. What made it worse was, it was right in the middle of the days I would have had off. I requested Thursday through Saturday off (and I never w*rk Wednesday or Sunday) so I would have left w*rk last Tuesday afternoon and not come back until next Monday morning. But I canceled it because I had a really bad feeling about it.

So all day yesterday I was going through a hectic day and thinking about how I could have been taking it easy instead. But nooooo, I had to cancel it on a bad feeling.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Y'all need to post more often...

Had good church this morning.  Now I'm at home in my recliner.

mini

We really need more people to post on here so I can be entertained!

:ugly:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Well. As usual, I slept in today and spent a portion of the day getting today's sermon finished up. Didn't check in here until now,I 'm ashamed to say. Church was good. Presence of God was felt. Now I'm home, thinking I will go to bed shortly. Mini's entertaining will have to wait until tomorrow.

Roscoe

Urgg. Morning. Coffee....please do thy holy work in me.
Cause the Chinese have encircled  me and attacked.
I am seriously  Dragon' Butt this morning  despite being up earlier  than usual.

Nelle

@Work. Already ate two string cheese and a Snicker bar. I'm still hungry. Long week.

mini

@Work too!

Its been busier than a one legged man in a stump jumpping contest here.
Or for you non Okies, its been busier than Roscoe trying to get the biscut mix off the top shelf.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on January 04, 2020, 04:43:45 AMJenn- you weren't kidding when you said the RV's roof was bad damaged. Holy Smokes. I was looking on FB marketplace on the surrounding states- your dad has posted it for sale with pics. That's gonna be a job...

good grief he already posted it? LOL
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 06, 2020, 05:46:31 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 04, 2020, 04:43:45 AMJenn- you weren't kidding when you said the RV's roof was bad damaged. Holy Smokes. I was looking on FB marketplace on the surrounding states- your dad has posted it for sale with pics. That's gonna be a job...

good grief he already posted it? LOL
Oh yeah. LOL. My habit is to browse the surrounding states on FB marketplace and craigslist for motorhomes, antique cars and corvettes- none of which I can afford right now, but someday...LOL. Dallas is one of my go-tos. If you remember, I liberated my last corvette from there, or close to it, from Arlington. I'm browsing along and there it is. Ford Class C, lots of damage, wrapped up like a big burrito in tarps- $4800 I think is what he's asking. I looked and said- uh, that's more damage than I am comfortable with. Knew it was your dad because of the last name- not exactly common.

Lynx

Quote from: mini on January 06, 2020, 05:03:47 PM@Work too!

Its been busier than a one legged man in a stump jumpping contest here.
Or for you non Okies, its been busier than Roscoe trying to get the biscut mix off the top shelf.

Now that was funny! Sorry Bobby, but it really was.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

NERDS OF THE WORLD, REJOICE! THE GOLDEN AGE OF AUTOMAGIC* CONFIG IS HERE! Soon we will be free to pursue our own nerd interests, without being interrupted by Grandpa or cousin wanting us to help them with computer stuff!

So my uncle wanted a security camera to watch the front door. I googled a bit and found the Reolink Argus 2, and it seemed to have everything he wanted. It came in the mail, he got out his power drill to drive in some screws and we started setting it up. I was on hand  as the local nerd, to get the camera talking to his phone.

I was not needed at all.

It has an automagic* config. A child of four could get it connected to a phone. I installed the camera app on my uncle's phone and pointed my uncle's phone at the QR code sticker on the back of the camera. Then on the phone I put in the local wifi password. The phone gave me a QR code and I pointed the camera back at the phone to read it. And... that was all! The camera and phone were connected. Apparently the QR code the phone generated had all the wifi information and my uncle's phone connection. It even worked when my uncle left the wifi area, though it did ask if he was sure he wanted to use mobile data to continue accessing the camera.

Connecting two phones was even easier. Put the camera app on second phone, select "Share" on first phone, first phone makes a QR code and you show it to the second phone. Instant connection. I set up three phones total with the camera and all three just plain worked, seamlessly.

The time has come. This is what nerds everywhere have dreamed of.

"Oh, you're using their Chrome APP, not their Chrome EXTENSION. They're very similar but one handles window creation differently." is a thing I hope I can stop saying soon.

*Automagic config: When automatic configuration is so automatic it seems like magic. A term used in the early days of Knoppix, a Linux system that automagically configured itself to whatever computer you ran it on.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Issac, we often set up new phones at work.  One thing that I have noticed apple doing is the QR code thing.  You have an old phone, you set the new one next to it, they connect via wifi between them and *boom* your new phone is set up EXACTLY like your old one.  It's scary how good it is.

Android is making good strides in that area, but it's nowhere close to apple.