News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Here We Are, Throw Something in the Mix, Let's All Post, Sharing 506

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, March 02, 2017, 05:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Chel-I talked about you at work today. A lady come in so excited to stand in 2 states at one time [thanks to the Geico commercial] and I had to talk about you doing it incredibly late at night with fog rolling in.

also *hugs*
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

Quote from: Heather on July 21, 2017, 12:29:22 AMChel-I talked about you at work today. A lady come in so excited to stand in 2 states at one time [thanks to the Geico commercial] and I had to talk about you doing it incredibly late at night with fog rolling in.

also *hugs*

I had a lot of fun that night... that is a favorite memory of mine.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

Back in the "office" today.

Neuro appointment went ok. He's still concerned/working on the headaches I have.
He's upping the dosage on the preventative medicine I'm taking and also gave me pain med directly for headaches and to discontinue use of any OTC pain med for the headaches. Also have to continue keeping a headache tracker and see him again in 6 weeks.  :noo:

Saw the car guy. Inspection and oil change done. AC check done but compressor is on it's way out. Sigh. :roll: In the middle of Texas summer heat. So like it could go now? Or wait until winter. My luck. We'll see.

Having Red Lobster lunch with the bosses today for my birthday! Mm can't wait. :fork:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Ugh. Feel like the stuff on Cheese's ( our late lamented cohort who has deserted us) boots. I would've called in, but too much work to get done. Deadlines, um, inhale mightily and suddenly. 
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Church homecoming dinner tomorrow at 5 p.m. Everybody welcome. Don't bother bringing any food, just bring an appetite. We always have way too much food and it is all much too good.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Too bad I'm miles away. And we have company coming over. And tomorrow I need to do tons of clean up work....and mow the yard, among other things.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Yesterday went downhill quick. Within 30 minutes of being at work I was called out to the cancer center. My dad drove himself out there with his blood levels essentially bottoming out. My mom tried to talk him out of going because he normally is pretty out of it for a week after chemo [this was week 2 though...] but if he hadn't, he would have ended up in the hospital over the weekend [and that's the good outcome]. I'm incredibly thankful for an amazing boss and coworker who covered for me. They gave him fluids and some meds to hopefully boost his levels to get them stable. We go back on Wednesday for more labs and fluids but he has to call in on Monday to check in with the nurses. Mom and I are going to have a come to Jesus meeting this afternoon. If he needs to go to the doctor, then he needs to go. It isn't like he has the sniffles. He has super angry cancer. Sheesh.

Lynx

Howdy y'all.

So I have a strategy for homecoming dinners. I get two bites of everything that looks interesting. That way I don't explode, I don't throw good food away that I couldn't finish and I also don't drive home wondering what some dishes would have tasted like.

Last night my strategy failed me. I got two bites of everything that looked good and I still had a very full plate by the time I got to the end of the line.

At least I didn't have a sugar coma. Sis. Carol brought two of her buttermilk pies, but I exercised restraint and only had half a slice (instead of following my instincts and eating half a pie.) I'm not sure how I did it, but it involved reminding myself repeatedly that diabetes runs in my family and I really don't want to become a diabetic myself.

Her buttermilk pies are the stuff of legend. She's a manager at my w*rkplace and she occasionally brings a couple pies to w*rk. Last time she brought some, I mentioned to the maintenance man that he really ought to try a slice of that buttermilk pie. "Well I might try it." I said, "No you really, really need to try that pie in there. Let's put it this way, the only reason I'm telling you about those pies is because I've already had a slice and diabetes runs in my family. If it weren't for that I wouldn't be telling you about those pies because there wouldn't be any pies left to tell you about."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Buttermilk pies. So good, and relatively simple too.
We had our new associate pastor and his family over last night. Cooked garlic smashed tators, Hamburgers in mushroom gravy, corn, and green beans- just simple country food but it was good. I spent most all day trying to get things cleaned up for their visit. My lawn has worn me out lately. But slowly, things are coming together..

Lynx

Well all the church homecoming kerfuffle is over. No more music practice, no more revival services. Back to normal life.

For the record, leftover pimento cheese is a great sandwich spread. For a turkey sandwich it beats plain ole mayo by three miles.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Mood: Ill, Grumpy
Likelihood of it improving: NIL
Probability of someone being injured after annoying me, aka "poke the bear": Very High
Probability of telephone being thrown across room: Also Very High
Advice to average person: Leave. Me. Alone.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Mom let me take home a hamburger patty from what Dad grilled on Saturday. I'm currently crying because it's over halfway gone and I want one more..

Lynx

The only food that makes me cry is onions. Well, that and horseradish, AKA wasabi.
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

Robbie is going to help me build some massive windchimes!

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

It's been a week since I shared.

Our new pup is doing good. I actually slept from 10 pm to 5 am this morning, and didn't have to get up several times in the night.

We bought my daughter a Jeep this past weekend. 1995 Wrangler. Then we drove it 100 miles home. In 100 degree weather. No top. Good weight loss program though. I lost 10 pounds in that trip.

Other than that, life goes on.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Urgh. Back at work. Marginally better mood vs. yesterday. Wanting some time off that isn't ate up with needs to help others, do things, just time to chill- but I don't see that happening soon.

MsJennJenn

Made sausage gravy and biscuits this morning. Twas delicious.

Now I'm just sitting here.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Quote from: mini on July 25, 2017, 12:14:20 PMIt's been a week since I shared.

Our new pup is doing good. I actually slept from 10 pm to 5 am this morning, and didn't have to get up several times in the night.

We bought my daughter a Jeep this past weekend. 1995 Wrangler. Then we drove it 100 miles home. In 100 degree weather. No top. Good weight loss program though. I lost 10 pounds in that trip.

Other than that, life goes on.

bought her a Jeep? As in she is now of an appropriate age to drive? Geez I'm aging......

worked yesterday. work today. cancer center tomorrow. praying dad's levels have went up.

mini

She will be 16 in December. We have been looking, and found a drivable project. She's happy.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

mini

Nelle

LOL. Maybe not..

Eating leftover chicken & pasta. Love this pasta... so fluffy!! My lunch is late in the day - so my afternoon will BREEZE by! Yay!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on July 25, 2017, 05:03:18 PMThis is the one that beeps the horn  randomly?
That- I literally laughed until I cried watching that. For those of you without facebook, you totally need Mini to post a link to his Youtube account.