News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Discuss Everything Except Alexander the Great in Sharing 508

Started by mini, January 04, 2018, 02:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

It's raining, thundering, lightning, tornado watch here. Which mean cell phone signal booster is unplugged. So if you need me text- cause calls won't make it though. Lol!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on March 28, 2018, 01:54:47 PMI hope to eventually get enough extra keys that he can keep one in his wallet, in his locker @ work, and one at home. Currently he has the key and I have a key on my keyring. He loses his wallet/keys/hat/glasses/coat too much for the other only key to stay there, haha.
Losing a wallet once, I can see. Losing a wallet all the time... if he doesn't care any more than that about his money, tell him to send some of that money my way. :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on March 28, 2018, 09:26:27 PMIt's raining, thundering, lightning, tornado watch here. Which mean cell phone signal booster is unplugged. So if you need me text- cause calls won't make it though. Lol!
Whoa. I never thought about unplugging that. I made sure the important things- the ham radio equipment-was unplugged. Guess I should start unplugging that too.
It's tapered off raining now. Hopefully it's done. I NEED about 3 dump truck loads of topsoil, to basically raise the back yard by about a foot or so. That would fix my drainage problem I think.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Revival was amazing but it threw me off not having church on thursday.

Brandon has started going to church with me when he can.

Mom is even moving Easter/Cancer can inhale swiftly dinner to lunch that way I don't miss church. [we have service at 2:30]

I've started herbs in a flower pot. I've also got an aloe plant. In a couple weeks we are going to start a small container garden. Cucumbers, tomatos, and bell peppers. Also going to start my compost for next years raised garden beds. Also, I want an urban homestead. However, I don't think I can have chickens in the city limits.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

You might be able to have a few hens, Heather.  Many cities are allowing that now.

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on March 28, 2018, 11:06:41 PM
Quote from: sunlight on March 28, 2018, 09:26:27 PMIt's raining, thundering, lightning, tornado watch here. Which mean cell phone signal booster is unplugged. So if you need me text- cause calls won't make it though. Lol!
Whoa. I never thought about unplugging that. I made sure the important things- the ham radio equipment-was unplugged. Guess I should start unplugging that too.
It's tapered off raining now. Hopefully it's done. I NEED about 3 dump truck loads of topsoil, to basically raise the back yard by about a foot or so. That would fix my drainage problem I think.
This must be why your promise to call me back was forgotten. ;)
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on March 29, 2018, 11:26:22 AM
This must be why your promise to call me back was forgotten. ;)
I meant too. Honest. But I got home where I'd have service, sat down and typed that- and went sound asleep. Had to rush to get to church on time.
Morning all. Back at work. Dreary still, and I have very little planned for today. Just going through my caseload and checking everyone out.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

It's raining again. I appreciate the rain and how much we need it to survive, but is it too much to ask to have a little sunshine mixed in? I don't know how Alaskans do it with like that 6 months of darkness. The cloudiness kills my sinuses and my mood, haha.

Business meeting went fine. I'm always nervous that someone's going to ask a question and I'm going to look like a fool, haha. We are finally getting a new roof at the church! We've had a leak in our office for a while now and finaaaaaaally going to not have to keep hiding my electronics and keeping a bowl out to catch the water, haha. Also found a new leak last night above the drum set! We moved the drums around and put a bucket in there for that since it's apparently going to rain for the next 10 years. :)

sunlight

Well- we live on the top of a hill now, and that being said have had 2 that we've had to replace and it gets kinda expensive. This one we have temporarily installed until Robbie has time to do it right- when that happens there will be lightning arresters in line on the antenna and surge protector on the power side so we won't have to do it then. But until then... we don't have extra cash to replace another one.

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on March 29, 2018, 04:59:07 PM

Well- we live on the top of a hill now, and that being said have had 2 that we've had to replace and it gets kinda expensive. This one we have temporarily installed until Robbie has time to do it right- when that happens there will be lightning arresters in line on the antenna and surge protector on the power side so we won't have to do it then. But until then... we don't have extra cash to replace another one.

Live on top of a hill??? GREAT! Now, if Robbie can just use that to his advantage for the radio antenna.....which he apparently has forgotten about! :pound:

And I totally understand. Those things are expensive. I got lucky and bought our 3g model used for $70...

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on March 29, 2018, 09:24:02 PMUrgh.  I need a nap.
Laying here in the recliner considering one myself...Lou and Chey are at church making chocolate Easter eggs for a fundraiser for the youth group, and god forgive me, myself and the puppers are enjoying the peace. No arguing, no yelling, just blissful quiet...

Lynx

Arguing and yelling? Say it ain't so, Bobby! That nice young lady and that sweet, innocent little girl arguing and yelling? >.>
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

Quote from: sunlight on March 29, 2018, 04:59:07 PM

I read an article the other day that reminded me of a question you once asked me...

A city in east Texas was forcing the demolition of a 3,000 sqft underground house. The article was from about 7 years ago, but it was the nicest of the underground homes I've ever seen. The guy thought everything out. He painted the views of the areas near the house on the windows and had lights on timers and dimmers to make it look like the sun rose in the east of the house and set in the west. He even had one of those old small peanut shaped pools underground.

They lived in it for 15 years the sold it. The second owner lived in it until it was condemned because of the amount of asbestos that was used when it was constructed. Above ground, there was a rock sculpture with a waterfall that helped filter pool water that could be turned off if a nuke was dropped. In the side of the sculpture was the "front door".
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

mini

I am currently engaged in a battle of wit(less)with Roscoe.

I would also like to point out that he is being entirely unreasonable.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on March 31, 2018, 03:08:36 AMHappy birthday Ike!

Happy birthday weird cat!

Quote from: mini on March 30, 2018, 01:49:50 PMI am currently engaged in a battle of wit(less)with Roscoe.

I think we can call that battle a draw. I also would point out that I am the most reasonable person you will ever meet and you, my friend, are unreasonable, argumentative, and as hardheaded as a Missouri Mule.
But I love ya like a brother anyway. 'Specially since I had the pleasure of 1)Eating Hogpen ribs and 2) sending you pics, knowing that you were 40 miles from the nearest bbq joint. :fork: BBQ dinner-$12 Sending Mini pics of the ribs and hearing his whining and moaning from the next state over, via text- PRICELESS.
He even tried to get my coworker to assault me, telling me  "Ask her (my coworker) politely to beat you with a club for me".

Roscoe

Where be everybody? I've mowed the church yard, my yard, and Brent's yard today. Feel like I've been ran over by a truck- that mower needs shocks! Soaking for an hour in a hot Epsom salt bath helped though.. Now I'm gonna just veg for the evening.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Bobby I know the feeling. Our back yard has moles, and when I mow it sometimes it is a rough ride. Only time it got better was when I had my sweet little cat Nancia. She was forever hunting prey.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on March 31, 2018, 03:31:21 AM
Quote from: mini on March 30, 2018, 01:49:50 PMI am currently engaged in a battle of wit(less)with Roscoe.

I think we can call that battle a draw. I also would point out that I am the most reasonable person you will ever meet and you, my friend, are unreasonable, argumentative, and as hardheaded as a Missouri Mule.
But I love ya like a brother anyway. 'Specially since I had the pleasure of 1)Eating Hogpen ribs and 2) sending you pics, knowing that you were 40 miles from the nearest bbq joint. :fork: BBQ dinner-$12 Sending Mini pics of the ribs and hearing his whining and moaning from the next state over, via text- PRICELESS.
He even tried to get my coworker to assault me, telling me  "Ask her (my coworker) politely to beat you with a club for me".

You are not reasonable.  Nor are you nice.  Sending me pictures of one of my favorite bbq spots in the world when I was stuck in the wasteland, void of any and all bbq, filled with despair over the lack of said bbq.

Nelle

Eating a frozen pizza for lunch. What a weekend.. glad it's Monday so this evening after work I can rest. LOL. I'm thankful the rain held off so that the kids could hunt their eggs yesterday. It may have been chilly but the pavement was dry! LOL. We have a huge yard at the church and it's a swamp for Easter every single year!

Work is getting busy again contracts-wise, so this means my workload is going to increase. I haven't had as much free time as I've normally had this winter.. so I'm not really looking forward to this, haha. I am glad that the increase in contracts means that we won't have to lay off any more electricians tho! Glad we can keep business booming even if it means more of a headache for us office gals.

Missing my family lately. Really want to go down some weekend soon to spend the weekend with them. Jeremy won't be able to go due to his schedule, but I think I'm gonna have to sacrifice and go on LOL.

Roscoe

:hi:
Back at work. Spent all morning testifying in a revocation hearing, and fighting a buffer. Quickly determined that I am not janitor material.
Now patiently awaiting 430...