News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Cats like Sardines - It's ...
Last post by Lynx - Yesterday at 09:23:57 AM
Yeah my dog ain't too happy about ice buckets either.

When it gets too cold you'll see a lot of little ice blocks in my yard, where I dumped his ice out and gave him fresh water. Sometimes every day.

Bobby: It MELTED the glue? Was this standard window sealant? Also, how hot did it get? Pretty sure 143F was hyperbole but now I'm curious how hot it really got. (Or did you mean it literally reached 143 inside the car with the windows up?)
Last post by The Purple Fuzzy - Yesterday at 01:17:02 AM
It's been nice today for July. It's only 79* right now.
I hate when it gets below freezing. It's a pain when the chickens' water freezes.
Last post by SippinTea - July 18, 2024, 11:11:30 PM
SO HOT this week. I'm ready for winter and snow.

:beret:
Last post by The Purple Fuzzy - July 18, 2024, 01:44:19 PM
It's cloudy and gloomy today.
Last post by Roscoe - July 18, 2024, 12:31:37 PM
Morning. Back at work.
   So, I had taken yesterday off for a meeting, which got cancelled as one of the men of God I was meeting got sick, but I was not about to cancel the time off. We had gotten over 8 inches of rain- in some areas as many as 13- since Tuesday night at midnight. Lou has my truck, her car is in the shop for Bambi inflicted repairs. Chey gets to work and her car quits in the middle of the parking lot. I have choices- Rusty; nope, Lou has my keys. Sam; he has no wipers as I have not gotten around to buying and installing them. The Model A; one manual wiper that hasn't been replaced since WWII AND it has a flat. Oh yeah, the Miata. The one that Mother Nature's bipolar self had gotten so hot that the back glass fell out of the convertible top because the glue MELTED in the 140-degree sun the other day. Sigh. Yes, I got soaked. But I got her stupid car fixed. Then came home to work just a bit on the apartment only to find that it had rained so much a very small amount of water got into the apartment and got the edge of some stored sheetrock wet. Sigh. Better to find the leaks now I guess..
So that was a sample of my day yesterday. I ALMOST wanted to be back at work, until I was told they literally were flooded and spent half the day bailing water out of the building.
Last post by Lynx - July 16, 2024, 06:59:32 PM
Looks like we gonna be in East Georgia sometime around the end of the second week of September. Don't know if any of y'all are around that area, but just in case. Thought I might warn you.
Last post by Roscoe - July 16, 2024, 06:02:55 PM
Quote from: Lynx on July 16, 2024, 05:15:18 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on July 16, 2024, 01:04:02 PMMorning all. Back at work. Got a busy schedule today. Slightly jealous of one of my parolees. His father left him an inheritance- among which is an all original 1947 Harley Knucklehead, with a sidecar. I am definitely fighting the sin of envy. A Harley, one of my old, long-term passions, AND from my favorite era! Shew lawd, I want.
Oooooh, conflict of interest... What if he offered to sell it to you at a really good price? What would you do?
In short- cry.  :laughhard:
Last post by Nelle - July 16, 2024, 05:32:59 PM
I guess I really need to become someone who watches the weather daily in the AM and PM. I did not realize we were gonna have actual gulley washers today. I currently have Apple Music's "Sleep" playing in my office to try to keep Athena from spazzing out about the thunder. The d a m broke in Nashville IL and they're having some bad flooding.

My MIL is supposed to be going home sometime this afternoon/evening last we heard. They ended up having to do two stints because when they inflated the one to place a stint, it caused a collapse in the one below, so I guess she got a BOGO on stints. They had to fix it since they caused it.. but I'm sure the billing won't reflect that discount. lol.  So thankful God has kept His hand on her so many times in the last several years. Keeping believing she will come back to God as well!

I've already spent too much money today on Prime Day, but like I told the husband.. I tried to focus on things we already use in our home that could be stocked up on that are a good enough sale. I don't have any shoppers remorse so far.
Last post by Lynx - July 16, 2024, 05:15:18 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on July 16, 2024, 01:04:02 PMMorning all. Back at work. Got a busy schedule today. Slightly jealous of one of my parolees. His father left him an inheritance- among which is an all original 1947 Harley Knucklehead, with a sidecar. I am definitely fighting the sin of envy. A Harley, one of my old, long-term passions, AND from my favorite era! Shew lawd, I want.
Oooooh, conflict of interest... What if he offered to sell it to you at a really good price? What would you do?
Last post by Roscoe - July 16, 2024, 01:04:02 PM
Morning all. Back at work. Got a busy schedule today. Slightly jealous of one of my parolees. His father left him an inheritance- among which is an all original 1947 Harley Knucklehead, with a sidecar. I am definitely fighting the sin of envy. A Harley, one of my old, long-term passions, AND from my favorite era! Shew lawd, I want.