News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Duly noted that the pastor said it was fortunate that a church member had not been coming to church. Heheheh!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

@Work. By myself for at least 30 minutes.. then it'll probably just be the two of us the rest of the day if I can judge my coworkers/bosses correctly.. which I'll be surprised if I'm wrong.

Made the pretzel treats last night. Went well. Tonight we make smores cookies and cinnamon rolls.

Roscoe

:pound: Lynx.
 Hi all others. Progressing through a Friday. Ready to go home and get some things done..... Hopefully I'll make a small bit of progress on some of my projects this weekend.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

We cooked a brisket for our neighbor last night, so we threw one in for us, too. It's pretty much as easy to cook two as one. ;)

Roscoe

Shew. Been a busy weekend. Friday night, I came in and got Rusty running. Went in, in much pain. Apparently 45 is NOT the same as 25 and bending over that old truck for three hours trying to wrench on it resulted in wrenching of a type I did not plan- as in wrenching my back. I went in and soaked in a hot bath for a while which helped some, but still couldn't sleep. Around 1030 or 11, though, I found new purpose.
A close friend had good friends who are ministers that were passing through this area with their wives and were involved in a car wreck in Conway. Totaled their car 2 and a half hours from home. Wound up running to Conway, waiting on them to get checked out, and around 3 am, heading out to take them home. Got back to my house around 630 am and crashed for a few hours. Went to dinner tonight with Bro Wilson.  Got to work some more on tomorrow's sermon, tomorrow when I wake up.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Oh man I feel that Bobby. And I'm only 36. Seriously any strenuous activity makes my body ache LOL
I have to have a day for recovery.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 06, 2021, 07:34:33 PMOh man I feel that Bobby. And I'm only 36. Seriously any strenuous activity makes my body ache LOL

I need a week or two to recover  from everything.  I would like to rewind to my teen years and try this thing again. I'd do some things differently  and I'd enjoy being a kid without having to adult.

The Purple Fuzzy

It sure makes you appreciate some things you used to take for granted...

Lynx

I dunno... Second childhood may not have the energy and flexibility our first childhood had, but it does have something else - MONEY! We have money this time around.

Also nobody can tell us how many cookies we are allowed to eat this time. Second childhoods rock.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on December 06, 2021, 09:34:51 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 06, 2021, 07:34:33 PMOh man I feel that Bobby. And I'm only 36. Seriously any strenuous activity makes my body ache LOL

I need a week or two to recover  from everything.  I would like to rewind to my teen years and try this thing again. I'd do some things differently  and I'd enjoy being a kid without having to adult.

I would definitely redo learning to love exercise. Or something to learn those habits to have better ones.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

@Work.

I feel like I slept a little better last night. I took some NyQuil pills to help overnight with my cold stuff since it's a 6 hour medicine. I cannot waaaaaaait to feel better. I'm claiming that I'm getting better day by day!

Heaven keeps getting sweeter every day it seems. littlegal's grandpa passed away this morning. I went to church with them what feels like most of my life, and I love reading their posts about him. It's a beautiful legacy when you can honestly say he was the same at church, at home, and about town, and no one has to lie a bit at their funerals. I think I was a little partial to him because he reminded me of my Papaw quite a bit. We had fun teasing each other back when we went to the same church, and we had the occasional teasing on Facebook sometimes too. They were such a sweet example of what love needed to look like.

mini

:waving:

I read this nearly every day but don't post much.

How's everyone doing?

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:hi: Surviving.
I read every day as well. Try to post at least every day or two, if for no other reason than to keep us alive.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: mini on December 08, 2021, 07:37:04 PM:waving:

I read this nearly every day but don't post much.

How's everyone doing?

I'm doing crazy, just crazy, thanks.

I seem to be the happy kind though, so I'm having fun with it.

I don't post all that often because I don't have anything to post about. "When there is nothing to say, don't say it."
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

@Work.

I always have something to say.. :) lol..

Roscoe

I just  wish folks like Ruby, Mel, Cheese,Taco,Rainbow Jingles, Sunshine,melodya,and others would come back around.
I missed this place in its heyday, but the group that was consistently here when I first signed up is really missed by me. Had a lot of fun tormenting  each other 

Roscoe

Shoot. Everybody got quiet. Been a long day. Ready for a weekend, even if it is gonna be a busy one. Hope all is well..

Lynx

Storm came through here, played "Big Noise From Winnetka" on everything and blew right out again. No damage I know of.

I hear Mayfield, KY got hit hard.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Thankfully it just "blew through" here, too.

Roscoe

We got nothing here, although NE Arkansas did. I've got some friends that live in the Hopkinsville, Ky area, not far from Mayfield. Tornado was less than a mile from their house. They wound up with some debris and no power, but no damage or injury, Thank God.
I got up this morning and went to my brother in law's shop. After a couple of hours and a large deposit of my hard earned money, the motorhome has six new tires, which puts it closer to the trustworthy for long trips category. Looking forward to some weekend trips..

Lynx

I've been awake since about 1am. Bah humbug.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

@Work. Fairly uneventful night for our home on Friday, but I was still up until after 1am making sure that my parents/hometown were okay. The first tornado that went through Jonesboro was coming towards the church but turned thankfully. They had an event there that evening and there were a lot of people in the church having to take shelter.

Had several friends lose their homes, but as far as I know - no one I'm connected to lost their life. Hopefully those of us fairly unaffected will treasure this holiday season even more than we were in the midst of all the losses of COVID. Hate that the night went so badly.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on December 09, 2021, 07:54:33 PMI just  wish folks like Ruby, Mel, Cheese,Taco,Rainbow Jingles, Sunshine,melodya,and others would come back around.
I missed this place in its heyday, but the group that was consistently here when I first signed up is really missed by me. Had a lot of fun tormenting  each other 

Melodya likes/comments on my Instagram every so often
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

I made my husband a meatloaf for lunch. He had been dropping hints that he wanted some. I also made hummingbird cake/muffins. He's trying to eat less sugar and I don't put that awesome cream cheese icing on the muffins. ;)