News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, my company just left. Happy thanksgiving everyone.

Roscoe

Happy Thanksgiving,all. Hope it was a great one. I slept in, then ate a good meal and came back home. Manage to get some things that needed to be done completed. Will finish some more things tomorrow, hopefully.
Working a little  bit on each project  keeps me from getting burned out in each project and gets things done slowly 
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Okay, so... lesson learned. Use GREEN bell pepper next time.

I made deviled eggs and pureed a bell pepper to mix into the yolks, along with cream cheese, a bit of mayo and garlic. Unfortunately I used RED bell pepper, because I like the flavor better. It gave the egg stuffing a red hue, and everybody thought they were spicy.

Oh well. More leftovers for me, uncle Fred and aunt Diane to enjoy later. And we did.

Next time I'll use green though.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

I had a good Thanksgiving.  Joined mom's side of the family for Thanksgiving lunch. I think we had more fun joking around while prepping the food than during the actual meal.... including my grandmother stealing the coveted deviled egg that my piping bag accidently way overfilled.

The last Black Friday sale was crazy busy both Friday and Saturday.  Thankfully my store had hired enough extra help that we were able to claim a couple cashiers to run the registers in Electronics so the normal Electronics associates could help customers and keep stuff stocked up. Was really thankful I no longer have to do contract phone sales.

Speaking of phones.... I got my Walmart issued Galaxy XCover Pro yesterday. We have to use an app to clock in at work now so Walmart is issuing associates a smartphone to use for work.

Lynx

Piping bag?

And here all this time I been doing it the HARD way...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Hi. Was up all night last night... one of my offenders  ran from police around midnight and wrecked out. I wound up going  to the scene to help, then to dispatch.
Let GrumpyBear go with me and tooknher to the cops favorite 3am hideout, the Awful  Waffle, aka Waffle House.
Got in bed about 430, couldn't lay down because I was hurting.  Slept in the recliner.
Preached tonight, felt in left field as usual.
Back to work tomorrow....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I feel out in left field a lot. But when you see them actually DOING what you preached, it's a wonderful thing. "Wow, so they WERE listening!"
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

@Work. Little tired, sinus pressure (took meds), but alive. :) 

I have a dentist appointment today immediately after work. I dread those appointments because they always find something to work on, but at least it's not happening tonight. It's just a cleaning appointment! lol..

Got a phone call from my eye clinic - my new glasses are in! I thought I would have to wait another week at least since I just went last Monday and there was even a holiday in there!

Also have to get an oil change this week sometime. I forgot to look at the mileage, but I'm pretty sure I'm over by a few now.

Roscoe

I think we need to get the oil changed in Lou's car too,and before spring, the motorhome will need it.
I SHOULD  be doing the changes myself but it's gotten to the point it is just as cheap to have it changed
Oil for lou's ride is $30 plus oil filter for a total of around 45 bucks... Walmart will put the same oil and filter on that I would and do it for 48 bucks.
Yeah, $3 is not worth me getting  filthy and dragging all of my tools out.

Starving. But the mean hearted scale showed I have gained 3lbs since I last stepped on on them two weeks ago, so I gotta hold up.
Tonight will be a smoked chicken  wrap I suspect.
Yesterday  before church I smoked two big chickens  stuffed with apples, onions and celery, and liberally seasoned.
They were delish and are being shredded  for wraps and other healthy  dishes

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on November 29, 2021, 01:38:05 AMPiping bag?

And here all this time I been doing it the HARD way...

My family did it the hard way for years too.  Piping bag or Ziplock bag works great as long as you get the yokes well mashed up and thoroughly mixed with the wet ingredients.  If you do a sloppy job with mash and mix you have clods of yoke get stuck on the way out and end up with an overfilled egg when the clod does pop out of the bag.

Lynx

I use an immersion blender (blade on a stick) to make deviled eggs. It's much more effective than the fork I used to use.

I just use a spoon to apportion the filling though, mostly because it's a lot easier to clean than a piping bag.

Now if I had hundreds of eggs to do... But the most I ever do is forty.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

You don't have to wash a ziplock bag. ;)

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 30, 2021, 05:46:13 PMYou don't have to wash a ziplock bag. ;)
Now THAT is the best idea I've heard all day. Maybe all week.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Most you ever do is 40 lol as if that's normal.

I made my own deviled eggs this year since I spent the holiday alone.
I think I did too much pickle juice. It was interesting.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi:
Back on the diet. Lou made bbq roast chicken  wraps.  I ate two.(one wrap cut in two pieces) Wanted twenty.
Bah.

It's a shame, I've just came off a 4 day weekend, and all I want- is a weekend.  I can't imagine how bad it would be if I didn't like my job.

Nelle

The long weekends somehow make things worse usually LOL. It takes a week to really feel like I've rested.

@Work. Had mom's leftover lunch from their house for lunch. She sweetly sent me home with two helpings, that I selfishly did not share with my husband. He likes fancier chili anyway.. so I'll just tuck into this, hahaha.

Dentist went fine last night. I didn't even have to see the actual dentist. Woohoo!

Tonight I have to do a couple of grocery pickups and an errand after work. Getting the makings for our bake sale for the town Christmas event. I managed to get a few Christmas presents mixed in the purchase as well, so thankfully I'll be able to scratch some names off the gift buying list that I still have to finish. I'm almost a little bah-humbug this year. I'm trying to avoid getting it full-fledged though.

I think I'm going to come in late tomorrow to work so that I can go by and pick up my glasses from the eye clinic. I'm excited. I'm really hoping this helps ease some of the headaches I've been having. (At least.. maybe the ones NOT caused by the weather.) He said I was a candidate for the eye surgery too, so I need to be thinking about that in the not-so-distant future.

Backseat Radio

I went back on the no added sugar diet yesterday and my body is complaining that I haven't eaten anything because I've not fed it any sugary foods.  I guess chicken and vegetables don't count as food to a sugar crazed brain.

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 30, 2021, 06:52:47 PMMost you ever do is 40 lol as if that's normal.

I made my own deviled eggs this year since I spent the holiday alone.
I think I did too much pickle juice. It was interesting.
Wait, how many is normal?

Certain members of my family sneak a sample egg or two or three before we even start dinner. Sometimes I'm down nine or ten eggs before the meal begins. And uncle Fred likes a few leftovers... Forty is about right for a family dinner for ten people.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I think there's not alot of us that routinely have 10 people for dinner. :lol: It's awesome you have that large a family and they are close enough to enjoy that.
Of course, that many people would drive me into a cave, even if they are related. Maybe because they are related. :laughhard:

Made it home. Used a bit of the remaining daylight to haul some debris to the back yard. Plan this weekend to buy the remaining 2x4s I need and two sheets of siding and finish enclosing our future master bedroom. Oh, and hopefully work a bit on Rusty. I've got to get him back going- I haven't driven him in two months.

Nelle

Before Granny passed away, we had about 30 (plus some often brought guests & some weren't married yet) at her 3 bedroom home for a few days for Thanksgiving. We had TONS of food, haha. I'm thankful I didn't have to help prepare back then. I did have to help clean up.. but.. LOL that's ok. At my husband's family, there's usually about 20-25 people these days.

I don't do well with large crowds in small homes (like instead of outside or a large building).. they make me very anxious, haha. So I LOVE when I'm with my parents for Thanksgiving because there's only 3 of us in the house. No fighting for food, no fighting at all, freedom of where to sit in the living room.. lol. I'd of course love to have my husband to be able to come but his work doesn't really allow that, and my SIL is allergic to turkey, so that would be hard to have a traditional Thanksgiving with her, but we would do it! lol.. They usually go on vacation out of the country during that week. This year they went to Cancun. They always do Christmas with us tho.

Also.. @work. New glasses on! I get them as similar to my old pair as possible so it's not that uncomfortable new for me. plus I like how they all look anyway.

MsJennJenn

Cancun for every holiday sounds good to me. Sign me up.

All of my family lives in Indiana now. So I couldn't go at both thanksgiving and Christmas. So I spent the holiday alone. And I have a great family. But I really hate Christmas. And my SIL is such drama. I usually can't handle the way she treats my niece when I'm there.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

We had our thanksgiving celebration a day early this year. Dina and her crew came for a couple days and Chel was able to come since we did it Wednesday. Alex was with his wife's family this year.

Roscoe

Well. THIRD time to try this post.
Lawd. I'm dragging. Majorly. Destroyed the diet by stopping at a local shop and buying two small breakfast burritos and an iced macchiato in an attempt to charge my batteries. It appears this was a failure.
You know the song on the movie "SING" that Johnny the Ape sings? "I'm still standing, yeah, yeah, yeah..."? Well, I've adopted and modified it for my theme song for the day- "I'm still dragging, yeah,yeah, yeah..."
Had a positive Covid case in the church this week. Fortunately she hasn't been at the church in the last week, week and a half and is doing well. Crazy- she's 92, and it's like a bad cold for her. Yet we've got a 21 year old kid in a local hospital that's been in ICU for a month, and honestly doesn't appear to be gaining ground...