News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi:
Jenn, go find Sethers and surprise him. Tell him to drag his hiney back here. :pound:

Back at work. My evangelistic phase- ha, as if- has concluded for now. Got home yesterday and preached last night. Tonight, I NEED to go do some things such as clean up the motorhome, etc- but it's cloudy and overcast. And cold. Likely to go home and help pave a road to h*ll (good intentions), by landing in my recliner and staying there.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm so glad Alex moved back to Texas from Indiana.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 20, 2021, 11:39:46 PMI'm so glad Alex moved back to Texas from Indiana.
Unfortunately they've all abandoned me and moved to Indiana. Bro and his fam went first.
Parents went this year. Grandparents followed a month later.

My mother would LOVE it if I moved up there and I say absolutely not. I refuse.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

@Work. Today, tomorrow, then half a day Thursday.. *whew* lol.

I would love to be able to wrap presents but I have a billion other things to do too. I'm thankful that I will have time on Thurs afternoon and Friday during the day to finish the wrapping I hope.

I need to for SURE do the November church reports tonight (praying it's easy). If I can finish that, I'll feel SO much better.

We had our work dinner for all us girls last night at Red Lobster. (Family business.. just not my family.. lol.) Then I had to hurry home and make s'more cookies for my husband's work "party" - it's just a buffet of meats, cheese, sandwich bread, all kinds of treats. I feel bad tho. If I had known one of his coworkers was vegetarian, I would've sent some kind of veg platter for him. (He's a really nice guy. He's the son of another of Jeremy's coworkers who Jeremy is friends with. I like them both haha.) He loved my cookies esp since they were the only thing he could eat. I told Jeremy I would make the other batch for his friends if he wanted to give them something small.

It's hard to resist giving to people when they compliment my cooking or baking. LOL. It's saved Jeremy SO many times from all the trouble he gives me through the week when he compliments dinner, LOL. He's learned the system.

Tonight after work I have to go grab a gift card for a Christmas present and then to the grocery store for the items needed for our 'relish tray' for tomorrow's church Christmas dinner/party. I'm so glad Jeremy isn't working tomorrow so that he can prepare the corn casserole in the crockpot so I won't have to haul it all into work. We are supposed to bring a recycled gift for tomorrow's church party. I'm nervous.. because I think they might mean "re-gift" instead of recycled b/c I'm worried with our past history, we're going to get some half-used deodorant or something.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on December 21, 2021, 07:41:25 PMI'm nervous.. because I think they might mean "re-gift" instead of recycled b/c I'm worried with our past history, we're going to get some half-used deodorant or something.

Omg lol that's awful. I had a girlfriend getting married who received used lingerie at her bridal shower.  :noo:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

I got to see both Alex and Chel today.
I'm getting old, love the kiddos but they make me tired. ;)
Yesterday, I had started a batch of cinnamon rolls before I knew Alex was coming. That's an all day job, almost. I wouldn't have started something that was so much work if I'd have know grandkids were coming. I finished them with grandkids watching.

Lynx

Nelle just bring a fruitcake. People expect those to be regifted.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi:
Get off early today- 3pm. Then to go home, study a bit for tonight, go to church. Then I get 4 beautiful days off. And it is supposed to be unseasonably warm too. I consider this a good thing. Maybe I can get some of my things around the house done.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

MJJ - That's awful! At least they won't know she didn't use it! LOL..

Lynx - My mom actually LIKES fruit cake! I was shocked. I didn't know anyone who actually ate it.

@Work. Feeling a little rougher today than I'd like. Feeling sorry for myself and just tired of having this super cold sinus stuff. I've had zero fever. Hardly a headache. Nose isn't running except first thing in the AM. I just have tons of drainage and my throat gets tender from that and me clearing it so much. Ugh.. I told Jeremy that if I'm not better by the time we get back to IL - I'm going to go to the doctor anyway even if there's nothing they can do. I just want to feel better and know I've not got some random illness. I AM thankful that I'm not coughing, having horrible headaches daily, or even blowing my nose constantly... altho THAT I know how to treat, hahaha.

The Purple Fuzzy

Back to warm again. Supposed to be in the 80's on Saturday.

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

I made oatmeal cookies. How's that for reporting. ;)

Lynx

In that case...

I made salmon dip.

Grilled pineapple is delicious!

Asparagus stalks wrapped in bacon and baked are delicious!

My family is all pretty cool.

All these news breaks happened tonight.

(burp)
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Hi. Ate steak. Have homemade bread rising. Have put up another wall in lous remodeling  project. Drove Sam, Rusty, and the vette so far this weekend. Slowly getting some of my projects worked on...

The Purple Fuzzy

:great: I made some deviled eggs yesterday just because I was craving them.

Lynx

Merry Christmas and all the other socially expected taglines.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Ah, yes. Merry Christmas, even if it doesn't feel like it. It's supposed to get in the neighborhood of 80 degrees today.
The homemade bread turned out delish and Lou ate the majority of a loaf, and got extremely self-defensive about it- even though I said nothing. :lol:
I'm sitting in the recliner debating on getting up. Really don't wanna do the whole family thing today. Ain't feeling it. May play hookie. If I do go it'll be brief...

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 25, 2021, 05:24:53 PMThe homemade bread turned out delish and Lou ate the majority of a loaf, and got extremely self-defensive about it- even though I said nothing. :lol:
If you can make something your wife enjoys eating that much, you're MILES ahead of most of the guys I know. Let her eat it and get defensive and be happy. :cool:

If I ever find a girl, I sure hope I can make something she likes enough to get defensive about how much she eats of it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 26, 2021, 12:39:06 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on December 25, 2021, 05:24:53 PMThe homemade bread turned out delish and Lou ate the majority of a loaf, and got extremely self-defensive about it- even though I said nothing. :lol:
If you can make something your wife enjoys eating that much, you're MILES ahead of most of the guys I know. Let her eat it and get defensive and be happy. :cool:

If I ever find a girl, I sure hope I can make something she likes enough to get defensive about how much she eats of it.
The only issue I have is if I cook, I have to taste. This is not compatible with my need for losing weight. :lol:
I have slept in today, done a small bit of planning in regard to the remodel job, and cooked steak. And raked some leaves. Basically, I've done nothing constructive. I kinda regret calling church off tonight. We had people planning travel and Christmas plans with family, so I dismissed service, considering we are going to have both Wednesday night service and a watchnight service Friday night. But I feel guilty. :sadbounce:

Roscoe

My, ya'll are quiet. :pound: Today has crawled by. I am ready to go home!

Nelle

Technically @Work, but outside of work hours..

Trying to coordinate with the husband about dinner plans tonight. Also have a store pickup to do before I head home for the night.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 27, 2021, 10:21:29 PMMy, ya'll are quiet. :pound: Today has crawled by. I am ready to go home!

Well if you really want to know...

I have made a very detailed study of the structural integrity of a ritz cracker when applied as a scoop to get a bite of cheese ball, and how to most effectively use it without the doggone thing snapping in two.

This might or might not be easily solvable by getting a butter knife or spoon... but it's more fun this way.
"Do you sing at church?"