News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been busy the last two days, one way or another.

Backseat Radio

Got the covid booster shot this afternoon. Hoping I won't spend the next 3 days sick like I did with shot 2.

Roscoe

:hi:
 I need to see if we need the booster. Haven't heard much about it around here. 
Got up this morning and took GrumpyBear to school. Went to Russellville and picked up some stuff, including chicken, to smoke today for a lady in my church that had heart surgery- the church pitches in and takes care of the first week's food when someone has a surgery that is in any way severe. It was our turn today, so I smoked chicken and Pork Loin to give her a variety of food. While it was smoking, I went to work framing up the old garage door in the old shop. Got it nearly framed up and decided it needed a window and we might as well do it now, rather than coming back to re-do the work.
I fired up Sam and back to Russellville we went. Now I have a 36x48 window installed and lack one piece of siding and trim to have that finished. Trying to get it totally in the dry before cold weather hits, so I can do the interior work bit by bit through the winter. If my plans go through, I hope to have the interior completely finished by spring, and then I can have the connecting roof built. God willing this time next year I will have moved to another project, preferably more work on my shop...
Someday, I'm not gonna have any projects. LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

GrumpyBear

Quote from: Roscoe on November 12, 2021, 01:50:00 AM:hi:
Got up this morning and took GrumpyBear to school. Went to Russellville and picked up some stuff, including chicken, to smoke today for a lady in my church that had heart surgery- the church pitches in and takes care of the first week's food when someone has a surgery that is in any way severe. It was our turn today, so I smoked chicken and Pork Loin to give her a variety of food. While it was smoking, I went to work framing up the old garage door in the old shop. Got it nearly framed up and decided it needed a window and we might as well do it now, rather than coming back to re-do the work.
I fired up Sam and back to Russellville we went. Now I have a 36x48 window installed and lack one piece of siding and trim to have that finished. Trying to get it totally in the dry before cold weather hits, so I can do the interior work bit by bit through the winter. If my plans go through, I hope to have the interior completely finished by spring, and then I can have the connecting roof built. God willing this time next year I will have moved to another project, preferably more work on my shop...

On the taking me to school note...You're cruel...you were off and I had to go to a place and be held against my will there for 8 hours.
Roscoe's Daughter
Daddy's Girl<3
Spending dad's money on cars, guns, and clothes since 2006;)

Roscoe

Quote from: GrumpyBear on November 12, 2021, 02:34:46 AM

On the taking me to school note...You're cruel...you were off and I had to go to a place and be held against my will there for 8 hours.
'Tis life, me dear. Besides, you get three months a year that you sleep all day and eat my snacks, while whining how hard a life you have. Meanwhile, I work my fingers to the bone for 18 days a year vacation. LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

GrumpyBear

Quote from: Roscoe on November 12, 2021, 02:37:06 AM
Quote from: GrumpyBear on November 12, 2021, 02:34:46 AM

'Tis life, me dear. Besides, you get three months a year that you sleep all day and eat my snacks, while whining how hard a life you have. Meanwhile, I work my fingers to the bone for 18 days a year vacation. LOL
But do you have to do geometry or physical science...NO. So shush your shusher.
Roscoe's Daughter
Daddy's Girl<3
Spending dad's money on cars, guns, and clothes since 2006;)

Backseat Radio

Muscles are pretty sore from the booster shot but no vomiting or diarrhea this time thankfully

Lynx

Quote from: GrumpyBear on November 12, 2021, 02:34:46 AMOn the taking me to school note...You're cruel...you were off and I had to go to a place and be held against my will there for 8 hours.
I miss the days when all I had to do was go to school...

You ain't seen nothing yet kid. Wait till you get a job and have to pay bills.

Yes I know you're probably pretty tired of hearing people say that. But everybody who has told you that is absolutely right. You'll see when you get there.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Morning, all. Back at work on a dreary Friday. Everyone except me and one other took off. No home visits just here at the office.
Kinda feel like GrumpyBear. Locked up. Lol

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 12, 2021, 04:10:55 PMMorning, all. Back at work on a dreary Friday. Everyone except me and one other took off. No home visits just here at the office.
Kinda feel like GrumpyBear. Locked up. Lol
Heh...

One lovely spring day last year, a friend of mine from church was sitting in the break room at first break, in the late morning, and everybody in the room was talking about what a beautiful day it was and how much they wished they were other places on such a fine day. Finally the boss said, "Boys... this ain't a prison."

One guy debated this in his mind for a few seconds, then said, "Fine, give me a point" and left. (Their system for days of work missed goes by points.) Another followed suit, and another, and another, until finally it was only my friend and the boss left in the break room. Whoops.

My friend did some maintenance work that day, because there was nothing else that could be done with most of the employees gone. (My friend has a family, so his wallet would have objected very strenuously to leaving work.)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Bad thing is, I've got 6.5 hours of comp time I need to take before I lose it. LOL I just wasn't quick enough on the draw to take off Friday. I got Lou's window and siding done, then looked and realized that somehow, while the window sill was perfectly level, the window was a half inch lower on one side than the other. Half inch. Doesn't sound like much does it? But, it is. It was VERY noticeable. Noticeable enough that after I came home from the 92 year old saint's birthday party, I took down the siding, readjusted the window until it was level and shimmed it properly, and reinstalled it all, siding included. An hour and a half worth of work over a half inch. There's gotta be a sermon somewhere in that. LOL But now it looks right, I'll just need to finish out some trim work.

Backseat Radio

Found out today that one of my morning coworkers has covid.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 14, 2021, 01:38:14 AMBad thing is, I've got 6.5 hours of comp time I need to take before I lose it. LOL I just wasn't quick enough on the draw to take off Friday. I got Lou's window and siding done, then looked and realized that somehow, while the window sill was perfectly level, the window was a half inch lower on one side than the other. Half inch. Doesn't sound like much does it? But, it is. It was VERY noticeable. Noticeable enough that after I came home from the 92 year old saint's birthday party, I took down the siding, readjusted the window until it was level and shimmed it properly, and reinstalled it all, siding included. An hour and a half worth of work over a half inch. There's gotta be a sermon somewhere in that. LOL But now it looks right, I'll just need to finish out some trim work.
It was perfectly functional as a window before. An hour and a half of work just to make it look right... Definitely a sermon about appearances.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

@Work.

We were off for Veterans Day and then we all took off Friday since the electricians were all taking off work too.

Saturday evening was our pastoral installation service. Our cousin's daughter got the Holy Ghost that night. Then she and her best friend got baptized together at Sunday service. It was a great weekend.

I can't believe next week is Thanksgiving. Headed to Arkansas for that!

The Purple Fuzzy

This month has flown by... and the year.

Roscoe

:hi:
Dear lord. I have made a mistake.  Lol.
So. The guy I am buying  the motorhome  from called  this morning.  Someone stole the straps off of the tow dolly and he has had all kinds of issues finding a front wheel drive car to pull. Long story short,Bro Wilson  and I left out around noon. We just arrived about 45 minutes ago- in Clinton, Iowa.
It's cold and was a looong drive. Funny  how it doesn't LOOK that far on the map. Lol.
In the morning,I will hopefully purchase the motorhome,  put Lous car on the dolly and find back roads home. Because I ain't going back through St Louis.  Lord that was a nightmare...

MsJennJenn

Uh oh lol be careful

I have nothing to report.
Except can we skip thru to March?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm not a fan of getting dark so early. :smirk2:

Nelle

Hmm... Depends... What happens in March?

@Work.

Having to limp the Elantra tonight over 45 minutes to our auto shop to get the alternator replaced. I'm following him with jumper cables ~just~ in case the good battery doesn't long enough, haha. It's been on trickle charge since last night. I'll be glad about it though because I really didn't want to use the shop he managed to push it to Saturday evening.

I need a nap.

Roscoe

Dear Lord. I don't wanna look at a steering wheel again for a while.
It's 2 am and I just got home about 20 minutes ago.
Bought the motorhome  and got a deal since the guy couldn't bring it to me. He felt guilty and worked on the price.
About 2 hours into my ultimately near 15 hour trip, Murphy  struck. The old bus quit  pulling. As in idle fine, but 35mph max. Checked filters and limped it along  while tinkering on it until the former owner called to check on me. He then directed me to another overlooked fuel filter. I pulled off the road, coincidentally  in front of an old school parts house, and bought a new filter.  10 minutes later and we were good to go. And go we did. All the way down through Iowa, Missouri,  through Branson, and home again.
The bus will need a bit of work, but over all very nice and solid. I'm happy.
And my boss was understanding and is letting me have tomorrow off too.

Lynx

Yay for understanding bosses!

Nelle did you make it? Driving 45 minutes on battery power with no alternator would make me nervous. Hoping you'll report in soon that y'all made it just fine.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

We did make it! We went a little too fast for my rule-following self, but we did make it haha.

@Work. Cloudy here but not super cold. Makes me want to curl up with a blanket and take a nap in a recliner. Thankfully there aren't any recliners in my office, hahaha.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's 82* here today. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 62*.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on November 16, 2021, 07:02:35 PMHmm... Depends... What happens in March?

Spring and the time change lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: