News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Israel

Started by Melody, November 16, 2012, 03:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

I don't know how many of you follow the news but after years of being bombed by Hamas/Palestinians, Israel is taking out many of the bombing points.  The US is thus far backing Israel but by the media, the rest of the world is demonizing Israel because Israel has better weapons and military.  So they're making Israel look like a bully. 

There are lots of pictures and videos of victimized Palestinians.  However there are lots and lots of pictures and videos of these same "victims" staging the scenes.  Especially with children.  It's so ridiculous it's dubbed as Pallywood.  Pictures say a thousand words but for exploitation.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/161724#.UKJpp-TAeSo

The word is that though Egypt, Jordan, Turkey, Iran, Syria, and Russia condemn Israel's resort to force, it is Turkey that poses the most threat.  Turkey is in NATO and it looks as though they are going to overtake Syria to settle that chaos.  From there, they could easily assume to take over Israel. 

There is always conflict in the Middle East.  And everytime there is we all look to see if "this is it."  Or at least I pay closer attention to see what is happening.  Perhaps even simply on a "love for Israel" level. 

In the wake of so much other junk going on.  An exposed decline in our nations morality and freedom widescale, helps clarify that our hope must be in Jesus.  It should already be but I'm thankful for opportunities that cause us to take serious looks at where we are at that we might tie up any loose ends and grow.

On the home front: Hobby Lobby has been spotlighted because the government has cracked down and is forcing them to pay for the morning after pill in their employees insurance.  SO many restaurants are letting people go and moving full timers to part time due to the insurance mandate.  There has just been an influx of unemployment in the last week because of it and will continue to be many businesses are personally digressing. 

Aside from getting our first openly gay senator and tons of states legalizing gay marriage, we also have some schools making the morning after pill available to students unbenounced to parents.  Because as it stands the law says that a woman has sole say over her body/reproductive choices.  From what I've read and heard in just mainstream media, this starts at 12yrs old.

While everything is always getting worse, I can't become desensitized to that fact and be like, "Well, yeah, I know the world is always getting worse until Jesus comes.  :roll: "  I HAVE to be moved with compassion like Jesus was at people's lack of understanding and pray for them.  I want so badly to make more of a difference than I am.

angel

Wow. Yeah, you always hear and taught that right before Jesus comes Israel will be ganged up on. How much closer could we be. Yeah, we live day to day in our routines and comfort zones and we can't be desensitized like you say, Mellow. Good wake up call.
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)

Lynx

I see where Israel launched a few strikes of its own, hitting Hamas government buildings among other targets.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/162246#.UKqBxOTAeSp

Hamas is winning international sympathy as a result of alleged civilian deaths, some caused by its own misfired rockets.

Mainstream media has emphasized the number of alleged civilian deaths in Gaza the past several days, after believing and headlining a story that the visiting Egyptian prime minister kissed the head of a dead boy, allegedly killed by Israel.

Watchdog sites and Arutz Sheva exposed the fact that that the boy died after one of Hamas' own rockets misfired and exploded in Gaza. The IDF also stated that there was no military activity in the area where the boy died.

CNN reported a heart-wrenching story on the death but did not correct its report after the guise was discovered.

The IDF has produced an animated YouTube illustrating Hamas' use of civilians as human shields for terrorist activities, a tactic it perfected in the Operation Cast Lead counterterrorist campaign in 2006.

The video explains that Hamas used private buildings weapons depots, leaving Israel in the predicament of striking while trying to avoid civilian casualties or allowing Hamas to freely launch missiles on Israel's civilian population.

The Israeli campaign to explain Hamas's strategy has had little effect on foreign media  such as CNN and The New York Times. The newspaper on Monday headlined that Israel was bombing civilian sites but later changed it to read "government" offices, which are used by Hamas for terrorist activities.

Defining government officials as "civilians" raises the toll of supposed civilians.

The Associated Press quoted on Monday Hamas medics as saying that "farmers" and a child were killed in Air Force aerial strikes.

Foreign media have repeatedly called the counterterrorist operation "deadly" and "relentless," occasionally mentioning the barrage of missiles on Israeli civilians but without noting that the attacks on southern Israel have continued for years, with limited Israeli retaliation.

Hamas expressed its "death wish" in a video encouraging Gaza residents, including women and children, to carry out suicide bombings.

Scott

Quote from: ladyshep on November 17, 2012, 12:13:34 AM
Wow. Yeah, you always hear and taught that right before Jesus comes Israel will be ganged up on. How much closer could we be. Yeah, we live day to day in our routines and comfort zones and we can't be desensitized like you say, Mellow. Good wake up call.

Responding out of order here....

This is not the first time that Israel has been ganged up on. They were attacked in the 60's and 70's and fought several short wars and won them.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Melody

Right, that is a point I was trying to make.  I don't think she thinks this is the first time, just that it is in the Bible that they'll gang up on them as an endtime thing. 

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 16, 2012, 03:27:05 PMThere is always conflict in the Middle East.  And everytime there is we all look to see if "this is it."  Or at least I pay closer attention to see what is happening.  Perhaps even simply on a "love for Israel" level. 

While everything is always getting worse, I can't become desensitized to that fact and be like, "Well, yeah, I know the world is always getting worse until Jesus comes.  :roll: "  I HAVE to be moved with compassion like Jesus was at people's lack of understanding and pray for them.  I want so badly to make more of a difference than I am.

Scott

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 16, 2012, 03:27:05 PM
I don't know how many of you follow the news but after years of being bombed by Hamas/Palestinians, Israel is taking out many of the bombing points.  The US is thus far backing Israel but by the media, the rest of the world is demonizing Israel because Israel has better weapons and military.  So they're making Israel look like a bully. 

Israel fights back and the world doesn't like it, there fore they are made to look like bullies.

The world tends to forget how long these groups have been warring.

QuoteThe word is that though Egypt, Jordan, Turkey, Iran, Syria, and Russia condemn Israel's resort to force, it is Turkey that poses the most threat.  Turkey is in NATO and it looks as though they are going to overtake Syria to settle that chaos.  From there, they could easily assume to take over Israel. 

Gog, Magag and Gomer

Iran, Russia, Turkey

QuoteThere is always conflict in the Middle East.  And every time there is we all look to see if "this is it."  Or at least I pay closer attention to see what is happening.  Perhaps even simply on a "love for Israel" level. 

In the wake of so much other junk going on.  An exposed decline in our nations morality and freedom wide-scale, helps clarify that our hope must be in Jesus.  It should already be but I'm thankful for opportunities that cause us to take serious looks at where we are at that we might tie up any loose ends and grow.

The Middle East is in and of itself proof of the bibles accuracy. Read the bible, look at the nations mentioned and their conflicts then look at the modern map.

QuoteOn the home front: Hobby Lobby has been spotlighted because the government has cracked down and is forcing them to pay for the morning after pill in their employees insurance.

On a side note - if a woman is on Birth Control pills and forgets her pill and has ''relations''; the next day you take a double dose and it does the same thing.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19970225&slug=2525710

QuoteSO many restaurants are letting people go and moving full timers to part time due to the insurance mandate.  There has just been an influx of unemployment in the last week because of it and will continue to be many businesses are personally digressing. 

This is a side affect of liberal ''do-gooding. ''  They had an idea, it seemed good but no one thought it through to the end.

QuoteAside from getting our first openly gay senator and tons of states legalizing gay marriage,

People make a big deal of that, but Barney Frank was the first openly gay legislator and  was the subject of some pretty nasty scandals in the 80's/90's  frank.house.gov/

Quotewe also have some schools making the morning after pill available to students unbenounced to parents.

Years ago they just gave them a double dose of the birth control pill the day after.

QuoteBecause as it stands the law says that a woman has sole say over her body/reproductive choices.  From what I've read and heard in just mainstream media, this starts at 12yrs old.

I was once taking care of a church while a pastor was out of town, while he was gone his daughter had an abortion and then came to me crying because of her guilt.    :frustrated:

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Melody

I can't tell what you're saying Scott?  Are you agreeing, just adding info, or belittling what I said because it's nothing new?  lol 

Scott

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 19, 2012, 07:38:38 PM
I can't tell what you're saying Scott?  Are you agreeing, just adding info, or belittling what I said because it's nothing new?  lol

Never belittling .. not my style.

I am just commenting with generic rambling comments.

The Never Ending Battle

Melody

Ok. awesome!  Thanks! 

I'm a ditz sometimes.  LOL

Scott

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 19, 2012, 09:21:58 PM
Ok. awesome!  Thanks! 

I'm a ditz sometimes.  LOL

*shrug*

that's what I get for rambling... fighting bronchitis and coughing my lungs up right now.

The Never Ending Battle

angel

Quote from: Scott on November 19, 2012, 07:23:50 PM
Quote from: ladyshep on November 17, 2012, 12:13:34 AM

Responding out of order here....

This is not the first time that Israel has been ganged up on. They were attacked in the 60's and 70's and fought several short wars and won them.

Thank you for your thoughts.

I hope and pray that your bronchitis heals up fast. I hope they gave you an inhaler and a nebulizer treatment.
My hubby's nickname is shep and that would make me ladyshep. :)