News:

Remember to check out the Devotions & Poems forum!

Main Menu

2012 Apocalypse

Started by Lynx, December 01, 2011, 07:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

... NOT!  An expert says all the fuss was over nothing. 

http://news.yahoo.com/expert-mexico-glyphs-dont-predict-apocalypse-040313881.html

It seems the end of the Mayan calendar in our year 2012 was not the end of the world according to the Mayans, but merely a transition to the next era, when presumably a new calendar would begin marking time.  According to this expert's reading of the glyphs, at the transition to the new era a god of some sort will pass through the area and we should prepare to welcome him and send him on his way in style.

I just wonder what the guys who made the film "2012" are thinking now...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

They knew it then, all that info had been already been said & had been readily accessible.  Only idiots paid any mind to such rubbish.

Heather

I saw a cartoon that was showing the Mayan's with their round stone calendar. The caption said 'Do you think it'll freak them out that we just ran out of room?'
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Ebenezer Scrooge

If the people working for me don't stop decorating their work areas for Christmas 2011 will be their Apocalypse.

Every idiot who goes about with Merry Christmas on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through his heart.

World Traveler

I am looking at My-a calendar. Oh no! It ends on December 31st!!! Aaaahhhhh! January 1st the world is going to end!!!
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Arctic Rose

Dear world,

Stop flowering out about 2012.  Our calendar stops there because we were invaded by a bunch of Spanish conquerors and we got a little busy.  OK?

Sincerely,
The Mayans

I am not Spoiled.... Just well Loved!

Heather

has anyone seen the Chevy truck Super Bowl commercial? YouTube it. It's hilarious. Brandon loves it.

Lynx

Yeah.  Too bad about the guy who drove a ford. 

Keep the twinkies though.  Blech!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

He especially loved it because of his old Chevy truck. Of course my question is will my 83 Chevy Cavalier make it as well or is it an all truck club? lol

Scott

I don't put in stock in this 2012 stuff. God will do what God does when God does it.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

Agreed, but the commercial was funny.
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

The commercial and the following complaints from Ford were very funny.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/