News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Pain Begins and Ends

Started by ApostolicOutlaw, February 01, 2011, 09:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApostolicOutlaw

First I'd like to say thank you to whoever it was that allowed me to become a part of this forum(: My first post isn't really a poem or devotion, but I felt this was a good place to put this.
On October 10, 2010 between Sunday services, God impressed on my heart to type this up and post it as a note on my facebook, so I did. Hope you enjoy(:

Pain.

Pain is the cry of a lonely woman who desires a companion. It's the plea for life in a wounded soldier with a new family waiting on him to come home. Pain is the little child who cries for love, and hides in fear of the monster once called a parent. It is the teenager who needed a friend to lean on when depression became an unfriendly companion. It's the hurting family at the loss of a loved one, never to be seen full of life again. Pain is an old man who's lost everything and has nothing to live for. It's the feeling of a cutter who knows nothing but hurt and disappointment. It's the  who's ruined his family with his bad drinking habits. Pain is the woman who's sold herself to every man in the world but the one she loves. It is the child who is taken from a loving mother and father when something went terribly wrong. It's the person who strives for a loving companion only to be shot down my media and someone who seems to have it 'all together'. Pain is the celebrity who once had a life of fun and adventure, but is now caught in the worries of not having true happiness. It's the cry of and unborn baby who wanted to be loved, but was killed before having the chance to live. Pain is the groaning of a once healthy person in a death bed, waiting for their turn for the worse. It is the child who starves at the hands of unmerciful leaders. It's the family who desires to see the love of a workaholic father. Pain is the fire fighter who could not save a life or house from ruin. The young person who wanted to feel accepted by their peers but has turned for suicide. The leader of a nation who fails to bring peace and unity to people that are unhappy. Pain is the couple full of passion and zeal, but broken by past mistakes and hurt feelings. It is the woman and child who were left by the man of the house for another woman. The kid who tries his hardest to please his parents but is only shown chastisement to better him. It is the young girl who lives in terror because of the abuse done to her as a child. Pain is the young boy who was harshly beaten for stealing food for a starving sibling. Pain is the mentally, socially, emotionally, sexually, and spiritually bound child of God who desires to be free.
Pain is the want and desire of love. Such a precious gift that is so rare.
There is no brokenness that we could ever bring that God could not and can not still bare. Mistakes and failures don't mean a thing. That's what God died for. He took our scars and felt the pain. He suffered such a loss so that we could gain life and happiness. True love with Him. He took the sins and left us hope. He gave us the healing for His death. His sufferings is a guarantee that we can have life abundantly and live it to the very fullest in Him. The joy that surpasses all understanding! He brings beauty to our tragedies, love to our loneliness, and hope to our fears. Comfort for our losses and peace to heal our troubled minds. He delivers those who need Him and seek His face. This is where the healing is, in the hands of God. Let Him hold you.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!