News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Workman's Comp Claims

Started by SippinTea, November 23, 2008, 02:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

Long story short:
I sprained my back on the job on Sept 2, and turned it in to workman's comp. When I spoke with the agent handling the claim she said chiropractic care would be covered for 60 days, and physical therapy for as long as the therapist thought necessary. Just got a bill from the physical therapist's office stating that the company is past due on payments for the treatments I've received, and that I personally owe them money.

Obviously, I can't call the workman's comp agent on a weekend, but this doesn't seem right to me. I was told everything would be covered, and it's not like I can do anything about the company being late in paying.

Erg. :-?

Thoughts? Advice?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Tricia Lea

I would get a lawyer.
My husband has been on workers comp since April. They tried to limit him on what he could recieve.
Find a lawyer that works on comission, That way you dont have to pay unless you get any money,
If you dont have a lawyer they will try to run over you

Sis

Find a lawyer that does workman's comp. There are those out there that only work in that area. They know best how to proceed