News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Air Conditioner?

Started by newkris, July 07, 2008, 03:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

I think it was only around 95* today in KC   This is just the time of year that things start really warming up.

Temperature is still the same even though elements make it feel different.

SippinTea

I'm perfectly happy when it's five below zero.  :cool:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

newkris

i am so looking forward to cooler weather.  HATE this heat.  yuck.  although, if i work where i'm working when winter gets here, i might not be digging the walk outside in below zero.  might have to reconsider that some how . . .
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

almondjoy

I'm looking forward to the late fall through early spring weather.  I HATE the heat.

There's only so much you can take off when you're hot...and you can ADD as many layers as you want when cold   :hypocrite:

newkris

i'm telling you, that's why i live up north. the older i get the more i'm convinced that i am never to live in the south.  layers, layers, layers . . .i got lots of them! 
me, too.

there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

almondjoy

Quote from: newkris on July 18, 2008, 02:46:58 AM
i'm telling you, that's why i live up north. the older i get the more i'm convinced that i am never to live in the south.  layers, layers, layers . . .i got lots of them! 

HAHA!  I'm right below ya in Iowa.  I've got layers and layers of "insulation"   :hypocrite:  Can't wait to shed some of em. 

Sis

I spend most of the winter here wearing tee shirts. Something I could never do at home. I hate dressing in layers. It's so binding. *Shivers* Ewwww. I like the freedom of less clothing.

Kris, if you don't like Minneapolis in the summer move to Duluth. Winter is longer, and summer is loads cooler.

newkris

can't do it, sis.  too far away from my angelbabies already.  trying to figure out how to get my pastor to move closer to my babies so i can have my pastor AND my babies, both!  :pwink:  nope.  think this is the compromise.
me, too.

Melody

see, no matter how many layers I have on, I'm still cold.  Toes and fingers are always cold in the winter.  Then, I have to wear REAL pjs to bed, with I'm not entirely against but boy it irks me when the nightgown or jammapants work their way up and get twisted.  And I can't stand doing my hair when I'm cold, when really, I just wanna wrap it back and wear a stocking cap 24/7.  That doesn't quite go with my church clothes though, ya know?

Whereas I can always take a shower, go swimming or something in the heat.  I can wipe sweat off, I can take clothing off and just relax.  My bones aren't hurting so back I shake.

*end of anti-cold rant*

Sis

My former pastor's daughter turned me on to wearing sweats to bed in Minnesota. It was like heaven. Warmest things I ever wore in the -30 weather.

newkris

that's so funny my!  my rant would be the opposite . . . i HATE doing my hair when it's hot and sticky out.  it clings to my arms and i can't it to go right.  and i HATE being sweaty and gross feeling.  i sometimes take two or three showers in the summer, which is such a waste of water. 

but, give me a nice cool breeze and a blanke to curl up with.  i'm the happiest girl.

as for how to dress for church, well, a long sleeve t or turtle neck is always nice under a jacket and if you wear two or three jackets, that's fine.  just take off the layer you don't want anymore.

but you can't do that in summer! 

i guess that's God's way of keeping the population balanced throughout the globe.  *smile*   
me, too.