News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Poetry Update

Started by B, November 28, 2007, 02:28:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B

So, I decided to post updates of my latest poetry here when I write it. That way, it doesn't get lost and people that want to can easily find it (if such people exist. *grin*). :teeth:

B

B

Sitting on a Train Leaving Chicago at 5pm

For those that don't venture into the Singles Discussion board or just didn't see them:

The Eye Haikus

B

B

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

titushome

"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

titushome

Quote from: GlassDarkly on November 28, 2007, 02:34:47 AM
The Eye Haikus

Reading all those together gives me the impression that you're a bit of a player.  ;)

Blue eyes, green eyes, brown eyes....
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

B

rofl! That's hilarious. I never thought of it sounding that way. haha!

B

SippinTea

That's what several other people thought, too. *grin*

The Nun knows these things. :P

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

sunlight

i like your dolphin pictures... and your word pictures... (aka poems).
I'm always scared to post mine. There is always the possibility that people will read them the way i wrote them... and thats scary.

~ Chel

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

B

Quote from: sunlight on November 30, 2007, 02:29:14 AM
i like your dolphin pictures... and your word pictures... (aka poems).

Thanks! *grin*

Quote from: sunlight on November 30, 2007, 02:29:14 AM
I'm always scared to post mine. There is always the possibility that people will read them the way i wrote them... and thats scary.

haha! I know the feeling. I have one or two that I still haven't shown many people. :teeth:

B

sunlight

I can understand that... and now that i have found a place to write without having to worry about people finding them... i find i write more, but share a whole lot less.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

RainbowJingles

I still think the eyes have it, Brannon!  :-)

B

haha! I'm glad you like 'em. I've got a few ideas for some new poems. I need to find some time to work on them.

B

B

Okay, this was not one of my ideas for a new poem. This was my attempt at writing one of those poems, and it turning into something completely different. lol This is brand new...prolly about 2 minutes old. I haven't even put it on my site, yet. Hope you like it. :teeth:

View From the Side of the Road

Shhhhhhhhooo! Shhhhhhhhaah!
Heated rubber spins, hungrily searching for its next bite of asphalt.
The road lies in surrender to the growling, metal beasts.
It gives tirelessly, yet never ceases to taunt with more.

©2008 Brannon Hall - All Rights Reserved

InChristGirl

Wow! that came out good. It kind of makes me sympathize with the road.

B

haha! Thanks! :teeth: I think I would probably consider pretty much any poem a success that can move readers to sympathize with inanimate objects. *grin*

B

alohilani

Yep, I agree with ICG. I definitely feel sorry for the road and a little miffed at the vehicle.

It must be a hybrid. *grin*

:thumbsup2:

B

lol Maybe... :teeth:

See, I'm a little bit surprised people are feeling sorry for the road. I think the last line makes it sound like it's toying with the cars. haha

B

alohilani

But it gives tirelessly, and it lays in surrender.

TIRE-lessly. Punny! *grin*

B

haha! You noticed. *grin* That one was intentional. :teeth:

B

alohilani

Yep! I notice stuff! :great:

(Especially shiny stuff... LOL!)

B

rofl! I think there's a name for that... :eyebrow: ;)

B

B

Amazingly, that poem started out as a poem about snow. :eyebrow: lol I'm not really sure what happened. *grin*

B

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

LeahMarie

Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\