News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Thoughts of my morning.

Started by MelodyB, May 26, 2007, 12:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

They say that time heals all wounds, but of this I am not so sure.
The more time that passes by, the more wounds we acquire that need to be healed.
Life slips by us so fast, Death is certain, the only uncertainty of Death is the when.
When will our time run out? When we are eighty three and have lived our lives to the fullest of our ability?
Or when we are just three, will it be taken then, when we have just begun to live our lives.
No one knows for sure, God only knows, and he knows best.
I think of the lives that have crossed over my own, and the lives that are no longer here to share mine.
God takes these precious people from us, for whatever reason, in his time.
And yet we are grateful that we were privileged enough that He shared them with us for however long they were here.
Three years, or eighty three years. Doesnt matter. We still hurt.
Only this master that we call time, they say it will heal the hurt, will it?
I have yet to find out.

Grandparents, Parents, Spouses, Children, and Friends...Hug them all a little tighter the next time.
Because we never know how much of their time, or ours, we have left.

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

Good one, Mel. Very, very good.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

This morning I am reflecting on the healing power of being transparent.

I have recently told two of my deepest darkest secrets that I thought would be locked away in my head forever. But I found out, that when you reveal your weaknesses, it helps to strengthen you. Im not sure why. But I also found out that with all the things in our life that we struggle with daily, we are not alone. And if we are lucky, we will find that person, or persons that we can confide in, and get the support we need to overcome our battles. Giants do die, and the bigger they are, the harder they fall. When they do die, we can expect a victory like no other. And we will one day look back on them and think of how small they actually were.

2Cr 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  

Melody

SippinTea

MelodyB

We all have battles, and sometimes there are things in our lives that we have that we need to get rid of cause they cause us to fall. They may not necessarily be bad things, but when in that moment of temptation when we are facing our battle, they dont help us much either. If you are faced in a moment of weakness and you are tempted to sin, that thing in your life that may be there, might call out to you and tempt you. It doesnt help. It might not be a bad thing, but if it causes you to sin, then it is. The things that cause me to fall, are not the things that cause others to fall. So we each have to figure out what they are, and purge ourselves accordingly. And not look down on those who have things in their possession that cause you harm, cause to them, it may not. But I do know that God will help us fight and overcome our battles.

I dont know if I am making any sense here, I am just rambling what is coming out of my head. But maybe it is for a reason.

Rom 14:13-14  Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

2Ch 20:17 Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.

SippinTea

You're makin' oh so much sense! But maybe that's cuz we seem to think alike, eh? ;)

MelodyB

The only reason I make sense to you is cause a) you know what Im talking about and 2) you have the other half of my brain...and c) your Ruby.

MelodyB

Sometimes I dont know why God even bothers with us filthy creatures. We definitely do not deserve His Love, Mercy, Grace, or the Salvation that He so willingly paid for. It just really blows my mind that this great big God of all the universe, could have made such a perfect creature, placed him in the perfect place, and then allowed him access to sin, and thus a life separated from Him. Choices. Choices we make that are not good, WILLING choices, where at the time of the choice, we dont care that it is a sin, that it is wrong, and will further separate us from God. We olny are thinking in the moment. In the vile wretched moment that we give in to the flesh and willingly, knowingly push us further and further from Him. Then it takes longer to get back. But when we do decide to come back, He welcomes us with open arms. WHY? Why would He do this when time after time we make a wrong choice and push Him away? Why would He take us back? He knows we are gonna do it again, we are human after all. And each time we fall back into our sin, it hurts HIM, so why would He take us back, knowing He is gonna be hurt again? Why would He do that?

Sometimes I really just dont understand. I am thankful for the Grace and Mercy that is bestoed upon me, but I sure dont understand it, not at all.

*sigh*

Sister_Mom

:sing: Your grace, still amazes me. Your love, is still a mystery.  :sing:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

MelodyB

Yes I know...and now they are playing my song on the radio.... "Mercy said no"

BrittaniHonaker

Wow! melody thats good...real good... i do a lot of poem writing an jus writing in general an this i like..so keep it up an u never know where it may go or who it could touch! love ya..!

MelodyB

A few days ago I went out to my car and got in, cranked it up and started to leave my house. I glanced in the rearview mirror to check for traffic before backing out of the driveway, and I noticed that it was gone, and its residence was now in the floorboard among a few empty water bottles and a bunch of sand. Since then, I have noticed the very important role that this mirror plays in the course of my driving. I never noticed before how many times that I look up there to check the things that I have left behind, or things that may be coming up behind me. I also never realized how many times I look in that mirror for vanity reasons either, to check my hair, or see if anything is stuck in my teeth. 

I started reflecting on those thoughts, and that is what our life is like, yes we are to leave behind some things that we have done, and places in our lives that we have been, and perhaps even people that we used to hold close. Once we leave them behind though, it IS necessary to look back on them periodically, to help us judge where we are headed just a little better. Sometimes we need to see the things that are behind us, in order to figure out the next turn we must take. Other times when we look in the rearview mirror, we see ourselves and how we need to change.

The parallels are endless, and I have really gotten a lot of thought out of my missing rearview mirror, and when I get it fixed later today, I hope I wont soon forget the lessons I learned from it laying in the floorboard.

SippinTea

*sniff* I'm so proud of you, Mel.

That was such a rambling-Nun-like observation. ;)

Okay, seriously.... great thoughts.  :thumbsup2:

Backseat Radio

What you write of the rearview mirror is sooooo true.  Mine had been stuck to the windshield by some kind of heavy duty tape thingie and in the intense heat earlier this summer the tape thingie melted leaving my mirror dangling from a cord.  My dad removed the mirror from the cord and its now residing on the back seat along with a pillow, a sleeping bag, and what ever else might be back there.

Since loosing the rearview mirror I don't know how many close calls I've had with being clipped because I'm so used to the information that mirror gives me.

MelodyB

Pondering stuff a bit.

Does everyone have the same thoughts and feelings that I do? We are all human, but yet we are all different. I struggle day to day with some stuff, and I often wonder if I am the only one that has the kind of thoughts that I do. I mean, some of them are very personal, so of course I cant share them with anyone. But if I did, would I find that there are many people like me? Or would I find out that I am weird, and have all these thoughts running through my head, and my head alone?

The Bible says that Jesus was like us...I want to believe that, and I do. I believe that the Bible is true, and if it says that He was like us, then thats what it means. But does it mean that He had the same hideous and sinful thoughts that I have daily? I know He was all God, and all man, but how did His fleshly nature cast out those thoughts? They seem to torment me.

The Bible also says:

Phl 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. 

How do you do that? I mean seriously...I have tried..and tried..and tried.  With all the things that are in my head, there is not much room to think on the Pure, and the Just, and all the good. I can for awhile, but then the other comes back. 

Did Jesus have this problem? Was he really like me?

MelodyB

Friend of mine wrote this yesterday, and I got permission to post it here.

Enjoy.

I have said, alot lately, "Lord whatever your will, I'm just here for the ride!"

Life is like riding a rollercoaster, and God is laying out the track.  When we first get on a rollercoaster it starts out slow and easy.  Kinda like when you decide to follow God and His ways, things are slow and easy: no major bumps.  The all the sudden the tollercoaster swerves to the left and we get jerked around. Things even start getting a bit bumpy and we may say, " I can handle this, no problem."

Whoa, didn't see that dip coming.  Seems like God's calling for a bit more committment from us now.  That "dip" in the track could mean a number of things in our lives.  Small convictions we have to work through or just a slight battle, but still "I can do this. Just take me and make me, Lord."

The rollercoaster starts to shake a bit, seems like we are going up a hill and that's a bit of a struggle.  Yes!  We made it to the top. We got the victory over that battle, and ride is smooth and fast downhill.  Feels like we can do anything now...  Off in the distance we notice a loop or is that a sharp curve? But we just won the last battle and aren't quite ready for another.  And before we know it, we've turned several sharp curves and done a loopty loop.  Our world is upside down and a mess.  "Lord, I don't understand.  Where are you taking me and how is this going to work?"

Before we can recover from the loopty loops and mess, we see in the distance a large, large mountain.  All we can do now is pray.  Seems the closer we get to this mountain, the more and more is required of us.  "I'm not sure how much more you want, but you can have it if you need it.  Lord, just don't leave me."

As we start to trudge up this "mountain" on the rollercoaster, it gets bumpier and slower.  The closer we move, the tighter the grip we've got to have. From here on out it's all or nothing.  More of Him and less of me.  At times it may seem you aren't moving at all and it's never going to end.  Sure the beginning was great.  Things moved just right and there werent' many uncertanties, but now, now is the time we have to fully rely on God to lay  the track just right.  One piece at a time!

I, myself, am still trudging up that mountain.  Relying o God every step of the way.  I'm sure that once I have reached the top, that I will be refreshed and restored.  I will be able to look back on all the dips, bumps, sharp curves, and hills and see how God prepared me for the mountain.  The ride down may be fast and smooth, but I'm sure it will lead to my next dip, bump, sharp curve or hill and all I can do is say "Lord, whatever your will, I'm just here for the ride!"

~Val

SippinTea

MelodyB

My Buddy Ryan on MySpace wrote this and posted it as a bulletin.

___

In the midst of my mind ...there is this doubt that is not divine ....

It can consume day and night ...it makes me blind.....

I'll live in carnal pleasure

That way it is sure Christ wil not shine.....

I don't have to stay here , why don't i go.....? well their is a spirtual warfare

It's all around us, even below.....

The most important war goes on in-between your ears

Thats the battle that causes all your tears and all your fears.....

It is much easier said than done ....

Draw close to Christ ...Because the victory is won!!!!!

SippinTea

You can tell Ryan he's right on. :)

MelodyB

I just wanna say that Gods timing is so great. We may not think so sometimes, but other times, I am just in awe of the way He times things out.

Earlier in this week..just a mere 36 or so hours ago, I was struggling with one of the battles that I face. And the one person that I have trusted with this secret, well, they seemed to be struggling too. And I know that we both struggle and that we will struggle, but it was just odd that we both fought the same thing at the same time. But eventhough it was hard for both of us, we found some strength in each other, and found we could go on.

But even in our weak point, feeling like it is hopeless, and we cant go on, God steps in. He lets us know that we HAVE to go on, we have to survive and be strong cause if we fall, we may not be able to help others who are struggling, and even at our weakest, He can use us to be strong for someone else. He may use one or two little things we say, even on this board, to open up a whole new thing for someone who needs help. Someone who thinks they are alone, but He can use us to reach out to them and help them, and let them know they are NOT alone. Cause thats what it comes down to, we are NOT alone. God is with us, even when we think He isnt, and there are others, MANY others that are facing the same giants that we are.

One thing I have learned from all this transparency, is that God must want us to overcome these battles, or He wouldnt keep sending me more people that are just like me.

WE ARE NOT ALONE. 

sunlight

preach it sis! we are not alone.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

Changes... Is change really good? I sit here and ponder this. I have been thinking about changes for a few months now. Things that change, people that change, me that has changed. Is change really good? Im not real sure. Sometimes, change can be scary, not knowing what will happen, just having past bad experiences to go on. Sometimes it can be fun, doing new things with new people, in new places. Sometimes change can hurt, when you dont want anthing to change, or you do things that you unknowingly cause harm to others. But really, I think deep down, that I believe change IS good. Without it, we cant grow, if we never changed, we would be the same person we were when we were born. We cannot live without change.

I think that I have changed, in fact, I know I have. Some for the good, and some for the bad. But it shows that I am alive and still growing. Emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

Change is not easy, it might be exciting, but sometimes it still hurts, and its still scary, but, change is necessary, and change is GOOD.

*sigh*

sunlight

you are so right. Change hurts sometimes...
change is different... lol
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Mrs. Yosemite

I'm sitting on my front porch at a small table. The weather temperature is just right. Little birds are hopping around. A comfortable breeze is blowing my hair.

God is shining His light on my red roses; causing little sparkles of dew. My coffee seems to taste better than it has ever tasted. I can smell the strong aroma of honeysuckles in the wind.

Only GOD can smell like that.