News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cross the Bridge

Started by newkris, February 18, 2007, 10:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newkris

here's a little story about crossing a bridge near my house.  the crossbeams in my avatar is part of the bridge.  it's a walking bridge that goes over the freeway . .  .

on my side of the bridge is Loring Park.  it's a nice park.  nothing too fancy, but nice.  couple of small sort of sculpture, artsy things. it's nice.  honestly.  little pond.  nice.  then there's this bridge.  this BIG TALL scarey bridge of which i'm clearly terrified.  but i have heard that the sculpture garden is really something to see.  BIG stuff, cool stuff, interesting stuff.  but to get there, i have to cross that bridge.  up the stairs that look like you can fall right through.  over the lanes and lanes of traffic.  well, God hasn't given me a spirit of fear right?  if you want to live you have to face your fears, right?  and so, trepedatiously, i cross the bridge.  i look down some and hold my breath and pray and  . . . get to the other side.  and they are RIGHT!!  all those people who said i'd like the sculpture garden, they knew what they were talking about.  it's FAB!! lights and colors and crisp ideas planted hither and yon . . .and i've only seen a little bit of it!  so excellent for the brain and so resting for the spirit.  but then i have to cross that bridge again.  but this time . . . i am so busy looking up and reading the poem across the top beam that i don't get afraid.  i forget about the traffic.  i don't even see the spaces between which frightened me before and all of a sudden . . i have crossed the bridge again and i'm not afraid. 

hhhmm. . . and what's the lesson?  facing fear to get to see what's promised and looking up above the things you fear to see Who is in control.

\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel