• Welcome to Godplace/Mission238 forums. Please login or sign up.

December 06, 2021, 08:11:11 pm

News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Recent posts

Pages1 2 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Twin hurricanes at sea in ...
Last post by MsJennJenn - Today at 07:34:33 pm
Oh man I feel that Bobby. And I'm only 36. Seriously any strenuous activity makes my body ache LOL
I have to have a day for recovery.
Last post by Roscoe - Yesterday at 07:08:24 am
Shew. Been a busy weekend. Friday night, I came in and got Rusty running. Went in, in much pain. Apparently 45 is NOT the same as 25 and bending over that old truck for three hours trying to wrench on it resulted in wrenching of a type I did not plan- as in wrenching my back. I went in and soaked in a hot bath for a while which helped some, but still couldn't sleep. Around 1030 or 11, though, I found new purpose.
A close friend had good friends who are ministers that were passing through this area with their wives and were involved in a car wreck in Conway. Totaled their car 2 and a half hours from home. Wound up running to Conway, waiting on them to get checked out, and around 3 am, heading out to take them home. Got back to my house around 630 am and crashed for a few hours. Went to dinner tonight with Bro Wilson.  Got to work some more on tomorrow's sermon, tomorrow when I wake up.
Last post by The Purple Fuzzy - December 04, 2021, 12:28:44 am
We cooked a brisket for our neighbor last night, so we threw one in for us, too. It's pretty much as easy to cook two as one. ;)
Last post by Roscoe - December 03, 2021, 08:41:37 pm
:pound: Lynx.
 Hi all others. Progressing through a Friday. Ready to go home and get some things done..... Hopefully I'll make a small bit of progress on some of my projects this weekend.
Last post by Nelle - December 03, 2021, 05:43:42 pm
@Work. By myself for at least 30 minutes.. then it'll probably just be the two of us the rest of the day if I can judge my coworkers/bosses correctly.. which I'll be surprised if I'm wrong.

Made the pretzel treats last night. Went well. Tonight we make smores cookies and cinnamon rolls.
Last post by Lynx - December 02, 2021, 03:05:46 pm
Duly noted that the pastor said it was fortunate that a church member had not been coming to church. Heheheh!
Last post by Roscoe - December 02, 2021, 02:24:20 pm
Well. THIRD time to try this post.
Lawd. I'm dragging. Majorly. Destroyed the diet by stopping at a local shop and buying two small breakfast burritos and an iced macchiato in an attempt to charge my batteries. It appears this was a failure.
You know the song on the movie "SING" that Johnny the Ape sings? "I'm still standing, yeah, yeah, yeah..."? Well, I've adopted and modified it for my theme song for the day- "I'm still dragging, yeah,yeah, yeah..."
Had a positive Covid case in the church this week. Fortunately she hasn't been at the church in the last week, week and a half and is doing well. Crazy- she's 92, and it's like a bad cold for her. Yet we've got a 21 year old kid in a local hospital that's been in ICU for a month, and honestly doesn't appear to be gaining ground...
Last post by The Purple Fuzzy - December 01, 2021, 06:46:19 pm
We had our thanksgiving celebration a day early this year. Dina and her crew came for a couple days and Chel was able to come since we did it Wednesday. Alex was with his wife's family this year.
Last post by MsJennJenn - December 01, 2021, 05:45:57 pm
Cancun for every holiday sounds good to me. Sign me up.

All of my family lives in Indiana now. So I couldn't go at both thanksgiving and Christmas. So I spent the holiday alone. And I have a great family. But I really hate Christmas. And my SIL is such drama. I usually can't handle the way she treats my niece when I'm there.
Last post by Nelle - December 01, 2021, 05:24:51 pm
Before Granny passed away, we had about 30 (plus some often brought guests & some weren't married yet) at her 3 bedroom home for a few days for Thanksgiving. We had TONS of food, haha. I'm thankful I didn't have to help prepare back then. I did have to help clean up.. but.. LOL that's ok. At my husband's family, there's usually about 20-25 people these days.

I don't do well with large crowds in small homes (like instead of outside or a large building).. they make me very anxious, haha. So I LOVE when I'm with my parents for Thanksgiving because there's only 3 of us in the house. No fighting for food, no fighting at all, freedom of where to sit in the living room.. lol. I'd of course love to have my husband to be able to come but his work doesn't really allow that, and my SIL is allergic to turkey, so that would be hard to have a traditional Thanksgiving with her, but we would do it! lol.. They usually go on vacation out of the country during that week. This year they went to Cancun. They always do Christmas with us tho.

Also.. @work. New glasses on! I get them as similar to my old pair as possible so it's not that uncomfortable new for me. plus I like how they all look anyway.
Pages1 2 3 4 ... 10