News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Thanks you guys!! I am feeling so blessed. I've been so stressed for 6 months about my job!
This one is fully remote too. And it is getting me out of a toxic work environment that's really brought a lot of mental and even physical issues this year!!

Saw a meme yesterday that said "Your Christmas gift will be a new job. Keep going!" and I rejoiced!!  :sing:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Today- is so slow.........
I've no one scheduled...and I don't want to do anything.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

We had family come in from Kansas this week. So, I've been busy "hosting".

MsJennJenn

Got my official job offer yesterday morning. Got an 82 cent raise! woohoo! LOL

Drove to and from Dallas for work for the last time. Got to expense a hotel, dinner, mileage, and drive-time! Woohoo.

Mom and Dad come from Indiana tomorrow. SO EXCITED!!!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Run, run, run. My day so far....
And now, I'm ready to go home, thank God it is Friday!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Man. Everyone deserted us.
So- Fridy finally ended. Saturday was a Lou day, a bit of flea market and eating out. Sunday was church, and Bro Clayton preached a great message which gave me a nice break. Today- mounted tires on Chey's C5, finished installation of a special ham radio antenna on the F150, along with wrapping up the two weeklong hf radio install.
Not planning on doing much work tomorrow, I promise that.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Nor here.

I have to take my inlaws to the airport tonight, then I have nothing planned for the rest of the week, except Thursday night.  That night, my wife's Christmas gift will be delivered, and I have to set it in place and wrap it...

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Well. Back at work. Today would've been Dad's 79th birthday...Hard to believe he's been gone 14 years. I've moderately scheduled myself today, but after today I've only got two people scheduled all week. Got some welcome news- a close friend who has been living in Kentucky/Tennessee the past several years are moving back. They will be coming to church, which is a boost in the arm. Oh, and they have a young man, a son, Chey's age who has already lit off "talks". Seems he's tall and scrawny just like she likes 'em, "handsome"; "is so polite" *swoon* and "DAD, HIS GRANDPA GAVE HIM A '91 CORVETTE"!
It's like God checked every box on her personal want list...LOL
He didn't seem too awful dismayed about spending time with her either. :eyebrow:
In fact they are making plans to bring his 'vette over for a bit of work, and hanging out in her corvette.
If I didn't genuinely like the kid, and the fact that I know how he was raised and greatly approve- I'd be concerned. He's got his head on straight and a career plan in place, and he WORKS. Total opposite of the last little, er, feller, she was enamored with.. :laughhard:

Nelle

Work. At least I have a half-day on Friday!

We had our Christmas "party" last night at Red Lobster. I ate too much but it was tasty. Biscuits, brussels sprouts, steak, fries, potatoes, strawberry lemonade!

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 19, 2023, 02:21:36 PMWell. Back at work. Today would've been Dad's 79th birthday...Hard to believe he's been gone 14 years. I've moderately scheduled myself today, but after today I've only got two people scheduled all week. Got some welcome news- a close friend who has been living in Kentucky/Tennessee the past several years are moving back. They will be coming to church, which is a boost in the arm. Oh, and they have a young man, a son, Chey's age who has already lit off "talks". Seems he's tall and scrawny just like she likes 'em, "handsome"; "is so polite" *swoon* and "DAD, HIS GRANDPA GAVE HIM A '91 CORVETTE"!
He didn't seem too awful dismayed about spending time with her either. :eyebrow:
In fact they are making plans to bring his 'vette over for a bit of work, and hanging out in her corvette.
If I didn't genuinely like the kid, and the fact that I know how he was raised and greatly approve- I'd be concerned. He's got his head on straight and a career plan in place, and he WORKS. Total opposite of the last little, er, feller, she was enamored with.. :laughhard:
I'm behind on the gossip. I didn't know the "dad, he's not my boyfriend!" guy was out of the picture.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 19, 2023, 06:05:02 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on December 19, 2023, 02:21:36 PMWell. Back at work. Today would've been Dad's 79th birthday...Hard to believe he's been gone 14 years. I've moderately scheduled myself today, but after today I've only got two people scheduled all week. Got some welcome news- a close friend who has been living in Kentucky/Tennessee the past several years are moving back. They will be coming to church, which is a boost in the arm. Oh, and they have a young man, a son, Chey's age who has already lit off "talks". Seems he's tall and scrawny just like she likes 'em, "handsome"; "is so polite" *swoon* and "DAD, HIS GRANDPA GAVE HIM A '91 CORVETTE"!
I'm behind on the gossip. I didn't know the "dad, he's not my boyfriend!" guy was out of the picture.
Oh yeah, Several months ago. She can't stand his name now....apparently he had another little girl he was seeing when he wasn't around her. If she saw him now, I think she'd punch him. She does not have a calm, sweet temperament when provoked or believing she has been done wrong.

The Purple Fuzzy

Good for her. Knock that goofy boy out if he's a cheater. ;)

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

In local news I was at the store buying some basics - bananas, eggs, etc. - and noticed some deli sliced ham and chicken on sale 99 cents for 9 ounces. Right next door on the shelf Hillshire Farm was 5.99 for 9 ounces. I bought one of each and took them home to try out. Then I went back to the store and bought all they had.

This will come in handy because Grandma has got to the point she won't eat anything unless it's in small bites that she can pick up with her hand (can't handle utensiles so well) so ham sandwiches cut into little squares is in season right now. So this good sale comes at a great time.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Good morning. Myself and a certain tall, goofy Galoot from Oklahoma are having quite the discussion.
I put it to you: Little Debbie's White Christmas tree cakes.
Is they is, or is they ain't, NASTY?
Ole stale grease covered things.... :laughhard:

Now the CHOCOLATE version that I got to taste before my stores ran them out of town- everything the white cakes WANT to be. :lol:

mini

Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes are the best you tasteless buffoon.

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on December 20, 2023, 02:43:19 PMLittle Debbie CHOCOLATE Christmas Tree Cakes are the best you tasteless buffoon. The originals are trash.
There. Fixed it for ya. :hypocrite:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm not impressed with Little Debbie products. About the only thing they made that I liked were those apple flips and they stopped making those.

Backseat Radio

Little Debbie cakes are just gross. I can't even stand their zebra cakes.

mini

The Purple Fuzzy