News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Adjust your custom Avatars

Started by Scott, January 19, 2016, 08:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Some of your Avatars are too big and bleeding into the reading space. You can use Irfanview (free download) or online

http://www190.lunapic.com/editor/?action=resize   (Free) to resize it. It needs to be 200 x 200 max.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

I saw that, but thought it might be a forum glitch. How does the avatar area extend into the post space anyway? Isn't that not supposed to happen?

Or... hmm... if I made my avatar BIGGER would it go across the whole page?  Bwahahahaha!

Okay, okay, I'll behave. But I don't think I have my avatar on file anymore. I'll check. Maybe I can just save-image-as copy it from the screen here and tinker with it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Okay, so I used an avatar that did not exceed 200x200. And it bleeds into the post MORE than the previous avatar. I have no idea what dimensions I used way back when I uploaded the previous avatar but 200 width is apparently too much.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

For the record 160 width seems safe enough. Though you can't really see much detail in a 160 wide pic... But it's just an avatar, no great loss.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

So far the only person I see who's picture is doing that is @Roscoe

:pound:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 19, 2016, 04:41:22 PMSo far the only person I see who's picture is doing that is @Roscoe

:pound:
:pound: :pound: I think I've fixed it. I tried to anyway.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

I'll have to fix mine later when I'm on a real computer. :P

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on January 19, 2016, 08:00:54 PMI'll have to fix mine later when I'm on a real computer. :P

We won't complain. Much. At least you are here. And we can read all but the first three letters of each post. :ugly:
:cophat:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

That presents a Problem as there is no computer here for me to fix it on. Will try to find a nice friend or something.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

SippinTea

Problem solved. I think. If not, someone holler. It looks fixed from here, anyhow. LOL

And Roscoe, you'll find SOMEthing to complain about eventually... :ugly:

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

This would be a golden opportunity Bobby. You're trying to lose weight lately. If you use Irfanview (or comparable light picture editor) to change the dimensions of your avatar width, but leave height the same, you can make yourself look downright skinny. :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

I tried to just take the picture off- but it said my custom label was too long and I'd have to delete that too. And I just couldn't do that yet.

mini

Quote from: Lynx on January 20, 2016, 01:22:11 PMThis would be a golden opportunity Bobby. You're trying to lose weight lately. If you use Irfanview (or comparable light picture editor) to change the dimensions of your avatar width, but leave height the same, you can make yourself look downright skinny. :teeth:

And if you adjust the height you can finally get over 4 feet tall...

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on January 20, 2016, 03:29:37 PM
Quote from: Lynx on January 20, 2016, 01:22:11 PMThis would be a golden opportunity Bobby. You're trying to lose weight lately. If you use Irfanview (or comparable light picture editor) to change the dimensions of your avatar width, but leave height the same, you can make yourself look downright skinny. :teeth:

And if you adjust the height you can finally get over 4 feet tall...

:ugly:
:pound: :uzi: :uzi2:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: sunlight on January 20, 2016, 01:53:42 PMI tried to just take the picture off- but it said my custom label was too long and I'd have to delete that too. And I just couldn't do that yet.
I haven't seen an avatar for you in the last 2 days.

sunlight

MsJennJenn

It must have @sunlight - i don't see a picture either. It's just the silhouette of an avatar. lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

I changed mine but it's an old picture too. Probably about a year and a half.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali