News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We Contemplate on Beans in Sharing 513

Started by mini, June 17, 2019, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Eh, I don't know if lack of motivation was truly the problem. Especially since this one  fought tooth and nail to get the job. She is an immigrant from Germany and a naturalized citizen. When she was told that our state's standards would not accept her German high school diploma, but would an American GED,  she went the NEXT DAY and took- and passed- her GED, scoring high enough that the local community college offered her scholarships.
 I think what happened in this one's case was she had difficulty and then began to beat herself up over it. Got the monkey on her back, so to speak.
I am so ready to get the day over with....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Ashlee

:hi:  I'm back again!  Twice in 1 month, that has to be a recent record for me. lol  How is everyone?  I am about to get ready for yet another va appointment.  Planning another trip to Hawaii for more doctors appointments.  So far we are trying to squeeze 8 appointments into a week.  I remember when we first moved here people told us if we ever needed a vacation to just schedule appointments in Hawaii.  For some reason 8 doctors appointments spread all over Honolulu doesn't seem like much of a vacation to me. lol 

Roscoe

:hi: Absolutely beautiful day. I've mowed the yard, and cleaned up some. Went and bought a rib roast after discovering I could cut my own ribeyes from it for $3.60 a lb as opposed to $7+ for the trimmed meat shop cut steaks. Relaxing now.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Sounds like a good deal, but I still say a roast is better in the Crock-Pot than sliced up for steaks. That's just a personal opinion though.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

I like pot roast but he's talking ribeyes, Isaac. That's a whole new ballgame.

Roscoe

I've got several roasts in the freezer still. A "Pike's Peak" roast that is HUGE waiting for me to cook is just one of them. When we bought the quarter of a cow this year, it had some steaks, several roasts, and hamburger meat. We have enjoyed it so much I have ordered half a cow for next year, and more hamburger this year. Much better quality buying like that.

And in sharing- Lord I hope tomorrow is better than today was. Zero sleep last night- I've been battling anxiety over the last month or so, with zero reason why. As in nearly panic attack. I used to believe those things could be tossed aside, but Lord, I have a new understanding now. I'm cutting back on caffeine I know that. 
Strange, there is NOTHING in my life that is askew either. ???
 And then when I finally got to sleep last night/early this morning I wake up sick as a dog. Nausea, the whole nine yards. I've not gotten further than the recliner all day.

The Purple Fuzzy

:(
Praying you get some good sleep tonight, Roscoe.

Heather

Not sure why I'm even posting this but life update:

we are still in East Tenn.
talked landlord off the ledge and we are in our house.
Brandon started his new job at Harbor Freight making $3 more per hour than AZ had him at after 8 years.

Have a good one yall.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Hi, Heather. I was wondering about y'all.

Ashlee

:hi: Hello again, everyone!  Hope you are all doing well.  We joined a gym today.  There is a new one not far from us.  I've never really been a gym person.  We use to have a membership at planet fitness, but I don't think we went even once. lol  I never thought I'd be working out in a gym with no ac for sure.  But, it's not too bad since right now is actually our "winter".   Although winter here is like 70s. lol  But it's been really nice with the breeze. 

Lynx

Many, many people join Planet Fitness and never go. That's how Planet Fitness makes money. (No I'm not kidding.)

I'm not going to ask how you will exercise without air conditioning, as my workout - biking to work and back - also has no AC. So I know it can be done. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:
Lord, it's good to see action here again. Heather, I too have been wondering about y'all.

Back at work. Busy as a bee. This will be a short week- Friday I go watch a newbie graduate.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on September 03, 2019, 08:58:12 AMMany, many people join Planet Fitness and never go. That's how Planet Fitness makes money. (No I'm not kidding.)

That's how all gyms make money. lol

Quote from: Roscoe on September 02, 2019, 01:21:18 AMAnd in sharing- Lord I hope tomorrow is better than today was. Zero sleep last night- I've been battling anxiety over the last month or so, with zero reason why. As in nearly panic attack. I used to believe those things could be tossed aside, but Lord, I have a new understanding now. I'm cutting back on caffeine I know that. 
Strange, there is NOTHING in my life that is askew either. ???
 And then when I finally got to sleep last night/early this morning I wake up sick as a dog. Nausea, the whole nine yards. I've not gotten further than the recliner all day.

Welcome to my world. And I don't even do caffeine (BP issues)
Essential oils and CBD help significantly. Exercise and food are also large components. But also the hardest to do lol.
(updated to include) Sat nights going into Sundays/Sundays are often my biggest anxiety days. Dealing with stuff around that.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

At work. Grilled a steak yesterday. Done a bit more work on Sam- at least half of his dash is pretty now. Just easin' through life one little project at a time.. :lol:

The Purple Fuzzy

Seems like there always something needing worked on.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 04, 2019, 02:41:48 PMSeems like there always something needing worked on.
I've got so much on my to do list, I'd have to live to be 140 in perfect health to get it all done. And that's if no one added anything to it..LOL

Lynx

The longer you live, the more things will be added to that list.  That is... if you have a life. If you have no life you sit at home, bored out of your gourd, and watch TV/play video games/sift through facebook all day. So yay for having a life!

"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on September 04, 2019, 04:47:46 PMIf you have no life you sit at home, bored out of your gourd, and watch TV/play video games/sift through facebook all day. So yay for having a life!

This is my life haha.....currently. Cus I work from home. But not enough to consider true working haha.

:ugly:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

It's different if you get paid for it. Then it's a job. Everybody needs a job.

It's only "I don't have a life" if you don't get paid for it.

(Any way I can get in on this?) :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Confession- I think the work from home would be nice for a few weeks. Then I'd probably go stir crazy. :smirk2:
Of course, in the words of a great old country song- :sing: "I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from goin' insane" :sing:

Lynx

In local news: Today I learned that when many amazon reviews say this foam-in-a-can sticks to skin like crazy, THEY MEAN IT! It's not regular spray-foam insulation, it's stuff made for home waterfalls. Pond and stone foam. I got a few cans to see if it would work well for foam-filling tires.

It does stick to skin like you wouldn't believe. But I thought it was dry all the way through...
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on September 04, 2019, 08:20:28 PMConfession- I think the work from home would be nice for a few weeks. Then I'd probably go stir crazy. :smirk2:
Of course, in the words of a great old country song- :sing: "I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from goin' insane" :sing:

Yes some days I am bored out of my minnnndddd. But that's cus I don't do much....not cus I don't have people interaction I'm usually pretty okay with not. haha
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Spent all day doing home visits. Then went and picked up 75 lbs of fresh hamburger meat. That should last us through most of the winter...
Sorta tired tonight. Gonna get up a bit early and drive to Camden to watch a friend graduate , then back home. It's supposed to be somewhat pretty this weekend, a tad warm, so I'll do some things around the house.
Oh and today marks 16 years since Lou received one of the greatest blessings of her life. She got to marry me. Lucky girl. :hypocrite:
I guess I'll keep her. Too hard to train another one.  :biglaugh:

Actually, I'm the lucky one.

Lynx

I'm almost certain I could carry 75 pounds of hamburger, but I have no idea what I would do with it... My freezer is full of bread.
"Do you sing at church?"