News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Ex 11

Started by clark thompson, April 30, 2014, 02:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clark thompson

Exodus 11

KJV(i) 1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Yet will I bring one plague more upon Pharaoh, and upon Egypt; afterwards he will let you go hence: when he shall let you go, he shall surely thrust you out hence altogether. 2 Speak now in the ears of the people, and let every man borrow of his neighbor, and every woman of her neighbor, jewels of silver and jewels of gold. 3 And the LORD gave the people favor in the sight of the Egyptians. Moreover the man Moses was very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh's servants, and in the sight of the people. 4 And Moses said, Thus saith the LORD, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt: 5 And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the first born of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts. 6 And there shall be a great cry throughout all the land of Egypt, such as there was none like it, nor shall be like it any more. 7 But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that ye may know how that the LORD doth put a difference between the Egyptians and Israel. 8 And all these thy servants shall come down unto me, and bow down themselves unto me, saying, Get thee out, and all the people that follow thee: and after that I will go out. And he went out from Pharaoh in a great anger. 9 And the LORD said unto Moses, Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you; that my wonders may be multiplied in the land of Egypt. 10 And Moses and Aaron did all these wonders before Pharaoh: and the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go out of his land.

Exodus 11

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

11 Adonai said to Moshe, "I'm going to bring still one more plague on Pharaoh and Egypt, and after that he will let you leave here. When he does let you go, he will throw you out completely!  2 Now tell the people that every man is to ask his neighbor and every woman her neighbor for gold and silver jewelry."  3 Adonai made the Egyptians favorably disposed toward the people. Moreover, Moshe was regarded by Pharaoh's servants and the people as a very great man in the land of Egypt.

(iv) 4 Moshe said, "Here is what Adonai says: 'About midnight I will go out into Egypt,  5 and all the firstborn in the land of Egypt will die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh sitting on his throne to the firstborn of the slave-girl at the handmill, and all the firstborn of the livestock.  6 There will be a horrendous wailing throughout all the land of Egypt — there has never been another like it, and there never will be again.  7 But not even a dog's growl will be heard against any of the people of Isra'el, neither against people nor against animals. In this way you will realize that Adonai distinguishes between Egyptians and Isra'el.  8 All your servants will come down to me, prostrate themselves before me and say, "Get out! — you and all the people who follow you!" and after that, I will go out!' " And he went out from Pharaoh in the heat of anger.  9 Adonai said to Moshe, "Pharaoh will not listen to you, so that still more of my wonders will be shown in the land of Egypt."

10 Moshe and Aharon did all these wonders before Pharaoh, but Adonai had made Pharaoh hardhearted, and he didn't let the people of Isra'el leave his land.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 The last plague, soon and end would come to their captivity. There will be a time God will send plagues on the earth in payment for the treatment of us His church. This plague would break even Pharaoh so that he would let His people go. When Pharaoh let them go they would be no return for them. When we come to Christ we are part of Him and can not undo our relationship, we can not return to our old lives after having our new lives in Christ.

2 There were to collect their riches because would not be coming back to get them and would be leaving suddenly so they needed to be ready, we need to be ready for what He has for us because not be ready could be a missed opportunity.

3 The people of Egypt may have favored Moses even as much as or even more than Pharaoh because of what had happened. While God may allow us to be favored we should not judge what we are doing by man's favor because man often favors sin.

4 The Lord coming down to end things. There will come a time God will decide it is enough and will come down and end things.

5 First born males were the heirs and were even more precious in the Egyptian faith than the Jewish faith. The first born was the future and was the key heir. Having an heir was a part of keeping your name going. The heir to the throne would die; this is what would break Pharaoh. Pharaoh was viewed in this culture as a god and his heir was also viewed as a god, God showed by the plagues that He was stronger than any go Egypt had.

6 This would be a great plague on Egypt all first born would die even cattle and the heir to the throne which could cause a change of leadership if pharaoh did not have any other heirs.

7 Everyone would have because trouble for God's people has been judged. Egypt fell along with Babylon and Persia Assyria Greece Rome and others as well will fall for troubling God's people.

8 God let Moses know about the last plague before he left. Pharaoh would have killed Moses if he saw him again so this must have been said before pharaoh saw him again. Pharaoh again turns his heart to God's message.

9 Pharaoh again would not listen and this was so people would know who His people were and would fear Him and His people. Years later there were still stories told about what happened in Egypt elsewhere and because of this some people were afraid of Israel.

10 We should listen to God's warning unlike pharaoh. Our last chance could be our last; nothing says we will be given another chance. Pharaoh had a last chance to release Israel but refused. There may be many on the Day of Judgment who will claim if they just had one more chance, we need to take advantage of the chances Go gives us before they are gone.
The Lord made a Way.