News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Oneness Doctrine

Started by BrothaJason, December 28, 2008, 06:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrothaJason

Hey guys I found this video series on youtube I am sure there are others, but it is attacking specifically the UPC/Apostolic one God believe. I think we should arm ourselves with the truth to combat someone if they are trying to attack us and say a lot of the things this guy says in this series. I will link the series below so some of you can see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0twviasB5gU&feature=channel_page

That is just the intro you can check out the other parts it you like.

EricShane

i already made a thread about this a long time ago..

lol..

I know that guy, I grew up in church w.him
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

BrothaJason

lol..ah ok what was the thread called..or could you relay what was said since I don't remember seeing that one heh  :biglaugh:

EricShane

i dont remember.. but I actually dated that guys sister sarah back in the day..
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

BrothaJason

Ah ok..I think I remember chatting to you a long time ago on like msn or something I was on like keepbees02 or something. Do you have myspace btw, I'm asking because I remember seeing you on someones friends list and was going to add you a while back but never did haha. Off topic I know lol

EricShane

Quote from: BrothaJason on December 29, 2008, 04:51:03 AM
Ah ok..I think I remember chatting to you a long time ago on like msn or something I was on like keepbees02 or something. Do you have myspace btw, I'm asking because I remember seeing you on someones friends list and was going to add you a while back but never did haha. Off topic I know lol
lol.. yeah, I remember talking to you.. that was a loooong time ago - Im a whole lot different now, but yes! You can add me! myspace.com/e_slim_shaney

BrothaJason

Yeah man that was a long time ago lol..I remember also talking to someone related to you or someone that went to your church can't remember which haha, but its been so long and I lost contact with her lol

EricShane

Quote from: BrothaJason on December 29, 2008, 06:07:09 AM
Yeah man that was a long time ago lol..I remember also talking to someone related to you or someone that went to your church can't remember which haha, but its been so long and I lost contact with her lol
yeah, Chelsea or Cayla probably.. they dont go to church anymore, actually None of us go to church anymore.. except for one girl, she still goes.. - but weve all went wild.

BrothaJason

Aww well that stinks

BrothaJason

I know several people as well that used to be church, and it just seemed over the years they just slipped. I've always been curious to why so many young people end up leaving the church.

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: EricShane on December 29, 2008, 06:12:37 AM
yeah, Chelsea or Cayla probably.. they dont go to church anymore, actually None of us go to church anymore.. except for one girl, she still goes.. - but weve all went wild.

Curiousity here Eric. Would you elabarate? not seeking to judge, just what exactly "all went wild" might really mean.  :question:
Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Young man, how is it that you do not?

EricShane

Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on December 29, 2008, 05:49:23 PM

Curiousity here Eric. Would you elabarate? not seeking to judge, just what exactly "all went wild" might really mean.  :question:
lol... well, thats really no ones business, but since they dont care.. Chelsea was staying strung out, till her boyfriend got her knocked up, and caylas a lesbian, and Im not even gonna start on me... most people here already know, it doesnt concern anyone here.

onli-one-jehovi

Fair enuff. Just wondering.

Brother Dad

Quote from: EricShane on December 29, 2008, 07:47:12 PM
Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on December 29, 2008, 05:49:23 PM

lol... well, thats really no ones business, but since they dont care.. Chelsea was staying strung out, till her boyfriend got her knocked up, and caylas a lesbian, and Im not even gonna start on me... most people here already know, it doesnt concern anyone here.
But we still praying for you Eric, but not throwing stones.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: BrothaJason on December 29, 2008, 04:06:36 PM
I know several people as well that used to be church, and it just seemed over the years they just slipped. I've always been curious to why so many young people end up leaving the church.

There's lots of reasons why young people choose to leave the Oneness Apostolic Pentecostal church, or even choose to leave the church as a whole.

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: bsr on December 31, 2008, 05:21:48 AM
Quote from: BrothaJason on December 29, 2008, 04:06:36 PM

There's lots of reasons why young people choose to leave the Oneness Apostolic Pentecostal church, or even choose to leave the church as a whole.

True. Some totally seem to abandon God, going "wild" after loosed from the religious chains. But many come back - IF - there was a true relationship choked out by traditions that had nothing to do with God. Others never leave the church at all. They just leave the organized religious system we call "church". A close examination of what constitutes modern day "church" is a far, far cry from scripture. Jesus repeatedly tells us to come out of Babylon.

EricShane

you know.. i know this is off topic, but theres tons of people that are always like "You can go here" or There.. or whatever, "and they will accept you.." i cant do that, I know better. I know whats right, and I know whats real. Ive felt the real power of God, the Real Holyghost, and I could never deny that.

Brother Dad

Mine is to pray for my Brothers and Sisters that they may make it. 
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: EricShane on December 31, 2008, 10:19:50 PM
you know.. i know this is off topic, but theres tons of people that are always like "You can go here" or There.. or whatever, "and they will accept you.." i cant do that, I know better. I know whats right, and I know whats real. Ive felt the real power of God, the Real Holyghost, and I could never deny that.

Are you saying only "oneness pentecostals" have the REAL HOLY GHOST?   :question: :question

IF that is the case.... no wonder you went "wild".

Brother Dad

I fully understand what Ericshane is saying.  Of we all know there is but one Holy Ghost.  What I think he meant was some people try to get you to go to anything and any type of teaching.  You we all have heard, well any kind of Church is better than not going at all.  which of course we know better than that.  Otherwise we could all become JWs.

EricShane

Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on December 31, 2008, 11:44:11 PM
Quote from: EricShane on December 31, 2008, 10:19:50 PM

Are you saying only "oneness pentecostals" have the REAL HOLY GHOST?   :question: :question

IF that is the case.... no wonder you went "wild".

not at all.. I was 'never' oneness pentecostal.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on December 31, 2008, 04:36:20 PM
True.  Some totally seem to abandon God, going "wild" after loosed from the religious chains. But many come back - IF - there was a true relationship choked out by traditions that had nothing to do with God. Others never leave the church at all. They just leave the organized religious system we call "church". A close examination of what constitutes modern day "church" is a far, far cry from scripture. Jesus repeatedly tells us to come out of Babylon.

empty traditions don't satisfy a person for long.  Unfortunatley most of the church world today doesn't match the pattern of the new testament church.  Its no wonder youth search for fulfillment elsewhere.

sabellius

Shalom Shalom

Any person can recieve the real HOLY GHOST anywhere but not just anywhere do they teach the full plan of salvation.The plan of salvation is only taught where it is believed upon as truth and not every church org believes in the full plan of salvation.Holiness standards is believed upon as being not being biblical where it is taught and believed that the scripture supposedly doesnt support WORDLY standards of what Holiness exactly isnt.Thus WORLDS standards will teach Holiness standards being lived in this world as being carnally instead of being Biblical.Which Holiness standards is thus Biblical and taught in scripture reason being where carnally minded people will react and say its NOT BIBLE and not wordly morales.

Sabellius