News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

World of Warcraft

Started by Tsalagi, October 19, 2007, 09:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsalagi

Are there any other GP'ers who play World of Warcraft?  I have a character that I've played off and on for about six months, still level 27 - shows about how little time I actually spend playing...

I'm looking to start a new character on a different server (realm, whatever) and am wondering if any other GP folks play WoW.

JakeLeonard

sorry, I'm a Runescape and Neverwinter Nights kind of person

Kyle

Quote from: Tsalagi on October 19, 2007, 09:00:34 PM
Are there any other GP'ers who play World of Warcraft?  I have a character that I've played off and on for about six months, still level 27 - shows about how little time I actually spend playing...

I'm looking to start a new character on a different server (realm, whatever) and am wondering if any other GP folks play WoW.

Tsalagi a group of my church friends and I play on Stormreaver.  I currently have a level 15 almost 16 Blood Elf hunter named Obel.
Stupidity is a global epidemic.

JakeLeonard

Quote from: Hat on October 20, 2007, 12:21:06 AM
Quote from: Tsalagi on October 19, 2007, 09:00:34 PM

Tsalagi a group of my church friends and I play on Stormreaver.  I currently have a level 15 almost 16 Blood Elf hunter named Obel.

This an online game or do you have to buy it somewhere?

Kyle

Stormreaver is one of the servers on World of Warcraft.  It's a game that cost $15 a month to play.

JakeLeonard

Kyle

The $15 isn't a bad expense at all.  Can cancel at anytime and reactivate whenever you want.  They always keep your account in storage so when you can play you can, and when you can't you can always come back when you can.

Tsalagi

I made a blood elf pally (I don't remember the name, it was random) on Stormreaver and added Obel as a friend, do you guys have a gaming schedule?

Heather

my hubby used to play, but realized it was so addicting he didn't have a life. after he chose to give it up....he met me  :cool: . so it worked out for both of us. he was a level 40-something.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Tsalagi

It can be addicting I guess, depending on the person.  To me, its only fun if you have friends that play with you.  Playing by yourself isn't that much fun at all.  Rather boring.

Kyle

We generally run at night of course, when most of us are free.  I usually end up playing around 9pm-12am on the nights I don't have school or anything else to do.

BroTrey

i was going to get into this, but then i heard all of the goofs at work talking about it..... kinda turned me ff to it.... at any rate the fact that they all play religiously and have no life is one turn off, but i have seen it destroy one marriage, and another is on the way out the door because these indiviudals got too addicted to this game and arent taking care of the precious person God put into their life!    sigh* I dont want to give the enemy any foot room on trying to give me a slip up.....
Anywho I prefer the original Warcraft (I-III) than online games.... once you pay, youve paid, no need for upkeep......
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Kyle

Some people just can't do things in moderation.  Others can.  Most of the bad news you hear about this game come from those who cannot keep priorities straight in life.

A lot of people forget it's just a game.

Tsalagi

Quoteonce you pay, youve paid, no need for upkeep

Was that a...Warcraft joke!? :D

BroTrey

Quote from: Tsalagi on October 23, 2007, 02:47:30 PM
Quoteonce you pay, youve paid, no need for upkeep

Was that a...Warcraft joke!? :D

Somewhat haha but also somewhat serious lol

i want to buy the game and that be it... not have to keep paying to play....  but yes the term upkeep was added in for TIC response....
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Kyle

I don't mind the $15 fee to play at all.  The money goes to the upkeep of the game itself in every way.

JakeLeonard

Well, I would join the bandwagon, but I think I'll stick to Runescape and member-only account only costs $5/mo. otherwise I play in the free worlds

Tsalagi

Ah yez, I remember MUDs with muy mucho fondness...

Kyle

Oh yeah MUDs were always fun.  I played a free one when I was around 16 through 18 called Shattered Kingdoms.  It's free to play and still around.  I met a lot of people who played it in person and still keep in touch with some of them, including one the Immortals\Administrators

Tsalagi

Quote from: Hat on October 26, 2007, 11:58:23 PM
Oh yeah MUDs were always fun.  I played a free one when I was around 16 through 18 called Shattered Kingdoms.  It's free to play and still around.  I met a lot of people who played it in person and still keep in touch with some of them, including one the Immortals\Administrators

Shattered Kingdoms?  Was that the one with the enormous Black Widow spider?  A modded CircleMud?

Kyle

The game was modded from a Circle code yep, but I am not sure if they had a Black Widow Spider.  Some of the more interesting places to go were the Temple of Murder which held the Murderfiend, the Inferno Tower which housed Grand General Inferno to just name a few.  Sound familiar?