Not worried
Not stressed

At ease
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

newkris

very cool . . .

trusting.  that's a tough one - the relax, wait, be still - part?  yeah, that's a tough one for me.
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

SippinTea

More disjointed ramblings...
(Humble apologies in advance to you KJV-only readers)  :)

Psalm 100 (NLT)
A psalm of thanksgiving.
1 Shout with joy to the LORD, all the earth!
    2 Worship the LORD with gladness.
      Come before him, singing with joy.
3 Acknowledge that the LORD is God!
      He made us, and we are his.
      We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
      go into his courts with praise.
      Give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good.
      His unfailing love continues forever,
      and his faithfulness continues to each generation.

In my mind, this Psalm is the job description for a worship leader. Verses 1-4 are filled with action verbs—things we should do, and verse 5 tells us why we should do them.

Verses 1-4—the short list:
   Shout
   Worship
   Come
   Sing
   Acknowledge
   Enter
   Go
   Give
   Praise

The Actions

Verse 1—"Shout with joy to the LORD, all the earth!"

A noisy, joyful response is perfectly acceptable to God. Why should our spontaneous, emotional reactions be saved for parties or        events? If a shout of joy is our response to a touch-down, then it should be our response to a healing, or a testimony of His faithfulness.

Verse 2—"Worship the LORD with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy."

Real worship comes from our hearts. If we're mindlessly saying words and going through motions, then it is not real worship. We need to focus on what we can be glad about, not all our trials and difficulties. 'Come before him, singing with joy'—We should let our worship pour from hearts of gladness and joy. We shouldn't come before him with whining, complaining, discontented attitudes—we should come singing about His goodness, and with joy because of who He is and what He has done.

Verse 3—"Acknowledge that the LORD is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture."

We must acknowledge that He is above all, recognize that He is our creator and we belong to Him, remember our own insignificance, but at the same time realize that He considered us worth dying for.

Verse 4—"Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name."

Thanksgiving and praise are two important elements in entering His presence. Who wants to grant a request for someone who only complains and grumbles? Philippians 4:6 says, "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done."

The Reason

Why do we do these things? Because He alone is worthy of our adoration and worship. "For the LORD is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation."

:beret:

SippinTea

At a dead end, and backed into the corner
With multiple opponents attacking.
I can't see in the dark, Jesus--
I can't tell if you're there;
I can't feel you, can't touch you,
Can't sense you anywhere near!
My strength giving out,
No hope for the fight.
But because of the mask
No one knows I need help;
No one know I am dying on the inside.
The blackness surrounds me, consumes me,
I'm frightened to the core.
But then I catch one little glimmer,
One pinprick of light.
I focus my eyes with all the intensity I can muster,
Willing your Light to come
To dispel the darkness
To make the evil flee.

Psalm 9:9
The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

newkris

both very cool. 

certainly relate to the poem.  hhhmm. 

sometimes in the darkest days all i could remember was that the darkness and the light were both alike to Him and that even if i couldn't see Him, He could still see me. 

God is good. 
me, too.

there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

SippinTea

Quote from: newkris on February 17, 2007, 04:44:42 PM
sometimes in the darkest days all i could remember was that the darkness and the light were both alike to Him and that even if i couldn't see Him, He could still see me. 

I've thought of that often myself. It's nice to know He's always there...even when we can't see Him.

Classicrambler

So this runs in the family?

Is it perhaps a clinically proven disorder, or something else?

SippinTea

newkris

i think CR is a little jealous that your ramblings are a little bit . . classic.

that's ok, CR, you can post classic ramblings here, too.

and i must say from an outsider's perspective, there does seem to be an inordinate amount of rambling talent in youse guys for being family.  not so much in my family . . . lots of rock n roll . .  not so much rambling. 
me, too.

Amelia Bedelia

Quote from: SippinTea on November 17, 2006, 04:31:04 AM
You hold me in one hand
He is in the other
When the time is right
You'll bring Your hands together
*clap*
*squish*
oops

sorry, couldn't help it... I'm leaving now!

SippinTea

AB-- :pound: for making fun of me

Kris--*hugs* for thinking rambling is a talent

Amelia Bedelia

LOL ow!  sorry... I did like it btw

whenever my dad sings "He's got the whole world in his hands" with the kids he always claps his hand at the end and then looks down at his hands in horror.... so when I read that line in your ramble.... LOL I'm sorry thats just what came to mind  LOL
I'm so twisted

SippinTea

No worries. I knew you were just kidding around.  :hi:

Classicrambler

"God gave me a twisted mind!" -Ken Davis

SippinTea

Giving myself the grace to fail...been batting around that thought lately.

It's so easy to think 'I should be beyond this by now', or 'I should be a more mature Christian now than to be doing/being/acting/feeling ______', or 'I should have seen what the result of that would be', or 'I should be doing ______, but I'm not', or 'I shouldn't be doing ______, but I am', etc.

But after all, I am human--I'm not exactly perfect yet. And maybe I have a harder time accepting my own humanity than people around me do.

In the middle of my muddlings, I ran across a quote from Ron Mehl regarding the story of Peter walking on the water...

"Some people say Peter didn't have to get wet that night. Maybe so. But then again...what's wrong with getting wet as we seek to walk on water? What's wrong with going under for a few seconds when the Lord's right there to pull us up again? What's wrong with crying out to Him for help and reaching out for His hand? Isn't that better than clinging to our security and not reaching for His hand at all?"

Maybe the new and improved motto should be Fail Faster, because unless we risk we can never hope to gain. The more the chances for failure, the more the chances at success, at growth, at victory.

More Muddled Musings and Random Ramblings...

newkris

i like that, ST. very cool.  i also thought when reading that Mehl quote that Peter got wet because he got out of the boat, he dared to do something unusual that God asked Him to do.  "if it's really You, bid me come."  and Jesus did and Peter did.  can you imagine what the other disciples were thinking when Peter started to get out of the boat?  did any of them even believe it was the Lord out there?  if it was the Lord, why in the world would He ask Peter to do something so non-traditional, so different, so  . .  dangerous?  and yet the Lord did and Peter saw a HUGE miracle happen to him!  Peter walked on water for at least a few seconds and then realized what he was doing and glanced around.  as quickly as he was sinking, the Lord was there to pick him up.  it doesn't say that they were suddenly translated back to the boat, either.  maybe they strolled back, maybe they walked around together on the water for a bit.  hhhmmm . .  .  can you imagine the adrenaline rush that came with walking on water?

what if . .  God asked you to get out of the boat of things you have always done and to do something completely different? 

you know ST, that little note above from you was exactly what i needed to get my mind back in place.  thanks so much for listening to the Lord!
me, too.

SippinTea

LOL  Not sure if it was more for me, or more for you...but either way I guess it's a good thing I rambled, eh?  ;)

I'm getting the distinct feeling that God is wanting me to make more huge changes in my life. Not sure what all that might include, yet. And whatever He has for me, I want. But that doesn't mean I won't have some fear and start to sink a few times. However, I know He's right there to pick me up even if/when I can't see Him.

Ready or not...

nicolejoy

Maybe he wants you to travel overseas to visit some long lost friends ;) *hint hint*

SippinTea

:biglaugh:  As much fun as that sounds....I'm pretty sure that's not in the plan for right now. But it is tempting!  :)

SippinTea

Ever notice how many times in Ephesians you see the phrases 'in Him' or 'in Christ'? I started listing some of them, and came up with the following...

In Him I am:
given every spiritual blessing
chosen
blameless
adopted
redeemed
given the purpose of His will
full of hope
included
marked with His seal
given mighty strength
seated in the heavenly realms
given kindness
created
brought near
joined together
a sharer in the Promise
given the revelation of mysteries
able to approach God with freedom and confidence
given forgiveness
taught truth
brought light
given strength

...and THAT's only the tip of the iceberg!  :clap:

titushome

"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

Classicrambler

That's only the tip of your thumb, TH.

newkris

very cool, sippintea.  just what i needed to hear . . . again!
me, too.

SippinTea

Hmmm...seems like I'm doing an inordinate amount of Random Rambling this week. You don't even want to know how many new pages of Rambles are in my journal.  :o  Guess I think things through better when I'm Rambling.

My thought for today:
It's too easy to live in the past, or be wishing to live in the future...be I want to live HERE, in the right now, putting all of me into the moment. In light of that...I'm on a quest this week to see how many things I can notice in small moments that I might've missed by not being really 'present'. The second part of my quest is to purposely set out to find a whole host of small and enjoyable things I haven't done for a long time, and then DO them. High on my list of priorities for today is blowing bubbles with the kids, and skipping down the sidewalk instead of walking, and sending a 'just because' card to someone I love. I may also read a chapter in Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, and if it starts raining I may go stomp in a puddle--just because I can.

A mature adult should likely word this differently...something like 'Be engaged in the moment'...meaning pay attention during that incredibly boring meeting at work, and try not to fall asleep in church, and be ready to pounce for that big sale headed your way....but I'm not going to say that. Perhaps it says something about me, and perhaps it doesn't, but....

Here's to a day full of childlike wonder....