Started by Tricia Lea, February 19, 2011, 08:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricia Lea

Thought this might be good

Anyone have pics or stories of their pets they want to post
What kind of pets do you have?
What was you favorite pet growing up?

Lynx

My favorite pet was Chip, a female blue heiler.  She was a great dog, very patient with us kids.  She had to live through three toddlers, I and my sister and brother.  We would pull her ears and bite her tail to hear the neat noises she made.  She'd just lie down and howl until mom came to rescue her and paddle our tails.  She was very intelligent though - once my mother told me to stay on the porch, and when I started down the steps Chip growled at me.  Worried mom a bit, but Chip knew what stay meant. ;)

The most laid-back pet we ever had was Spike, a black cat.  We could take him anywhere, we knew he wouldn't run off.  We took him with us to the laundromat and he'd wander in between the rows of washing machines, coming out with cobwebs all over his whiskers.  Took him to the park, he just lay under the tree and watched the world.  When it was time to go he was always on hand, we never had to chase him down.  He knew he had it good.  He wasn't lazy, didn't have a thyroid problem because he could run like the wind when a kid was wanting to catch him - he just took life easy.  He passed the acid test for coolness... he rode in the car through the car wash.  Every other pet we've ever had would go ballistic with all the water and noise, but he just lay on the dash and watched the water jets.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Oh yeah, she asked what pet(s) we have now...

I have two dogs, both mutts.  One looks like a cross between a border collie and a blue heiler, with really long hair.  She wandered up to the nursing home where my aunt works.  Looked like a dog somebody owned, but nobody came to claim her.  She was the nursing home dog until she started getting way too fat, because everyone would feed her.

The other dog looks like a cross between some kind of terrier and a box of lemons.  My uncle next door got her but she hung around at our house because we had the border collie, so finally my uncle said keep her.  :P

Both of them are quite intelligent.  They have a route around the neighborhood, soliciting handouts at back doors.  The neighbors all know we feed them, but they still give them stuff anyway.  They're good dogs though, they'll back away from something to eat if I say "No" and stop barking when I say "Hush."  Only two things make me question their intelligence - it seems their world revolves around me (they can't tell I'm not all that great), and they keep dragging dead animals into the yard.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

Here is my Topher. He's my 3 year old shelter cat who is currently driving me crazy since I had to put Paws to sleep.

Here is my Paws who I just had to put to sleep this past wednesday  :(

And here is the dog I'm hoping to adopt. His name is Baxter.

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Ooooh, that breed's gonna chew stuff as a puppy.  Intelligent, good natured, loyal dogs though, those are.

"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

He's a bassador. 1/4 bassett hound 3/4 labrador. They definitely have lab tendencies, but the laziness of a bassett at times. lol. He's a couple years old already, housetrained, neutered, up to date on his shots. My mom has one and he's wonderful. His name is Huxley and here he is: [I've been keeping an eye out for one in our area for myself  :cool:]

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Tricia Lea

Awww Hes cute

Heres my cat that we got a couple weeks before Christmas. He was Abandoned in 16 degree weather. This is a then and now pic

Heres the cat Maxwell with Sheba. They do get along. Sheba was a stray too but sweet as anything

Babs

this is my pet dragon:

he is my invisible pet  :hypocrite:
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Awww, he's cute.  Puff's great-great-grandson isn't he?  Has the same face.
"Do you sing at church?"

Tricia Lea

Where did you find him Barb?

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Roscoe

I don't have any pics right now, but we have two dogs in our family. One is Abby, the miniture weiner dog that I rescued from a motorcycle shop back in '98 or so. She was grown then, probably a couple of years old. She lived with me through most of my single life. After Lou and I married, she became jealous and started using the bathroom in the house. Up until then she'd lived inside with me and rarely if ever, had an accident. We couldn't break her from her way of getting even for Lou moving in, so she became an outside dog. She's been ran over by a motorcycle at least once that I know of, and Lou ran over her once with the car, costing me about $300 and gave abby a cool purple body cast for 4 weeks or so. She's old, toothless, and cranky now, much like me.  She's gotta be nearly a hundred in dog years.

The other dog is Domino, the chewing chihuahu from Hades. If it can be chewed, he's got it in his mouth. He was bought by my father and I for Cheyenne two years ago, over my objections. And who did the dog take up with? Me. He sits on my lap anytime I'm sitting down, content to snuggle with me. He'll bite at Lou in a heartbeat if she tries to hit me or paddle Chey, but doesn't seem to care if I slap her- unless she's holding food, then Domino's allegence changes quickly. Protect the food at all costs is his motto. :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Yeah that sounds like the chihuahuas I know.  Get a cat, that'll fix Domino.  Cats won't take that junk and after a few times of being slapped around the dog will fall in line.
"Do you sing at church?"

Scott

Sammy aka samson

American Bulldog, Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Cocker Spaniel mix...

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

With all those that must be one mixed-up dog.  Doesn't know whether to chase his tail, retrieve it or hold onto it and never let go.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

We have outdoor kitties and cattle. We have had dogs, rabbits, chickens, goats, a pig, a horse..

My fave kitty as of late is Hammy. He's been deaf since he was itty bitty. But recently he disappeared.. We think a varmint got him. :/

Niki

We have a black cat named Sadie, a black and white cat named Evie (short for Arwen Evenstar), a tan and black tabby named Sam (short for Samwise Gamgee) and a toy poodle named Pippin. You can see their pictures at FB if you're my "friend".

My absent husband got a Jack Russell terrior a couple months ago named Milo. He's 4 months old. He got him to travel with him, but since he had take a plane for this last business trip, I'm puppy-sitting. Our other pets hate him! Especially Evie. Milo will be here until Sunday, if not longer.
When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

I love how Chels dogs don't want their face on the Internet either. Typical.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on March 14, 2011, 12:12:56 PM
I was thinking it, but I'm glad someone else said it!   :laughhard:

Chel what IS that metal box out there?  I played with Whittaker every morning before you people got up but I don't remember that.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

HAHAHA......

sunlight

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 14, 2011, 01:27:06 PM
I was thinking it, but I'm glad someone else said it!   :laughhard:

Chel what IS that metal box out there?  I played with Whittaker every morning before you people got up but I don't remember that.

It's been there as long as I can remember. It holds all the water hoses and water pipe connections and stuff that we don't want chewed  up! lol.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!