What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Last Person to Post Wins Round 12!

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, July 08, 2010, 05:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricia Lea

Babs

haha

so glad i dont have to be in a church building in order for God to work in my life. some seem to think he can only do a miracle inside a church building, sigh

sorry just a vent lol
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

:like:

GP needs a like button

But you are so true.

He is there for us whereever we may be at

Babs

just irks me. someone sent me a message on fb and said God has a miracle for me but i need to come to church to get it apparently. they say this knowing i live over 12 miles from the church with no car and dont offer to pick me up.

glad MY God dont operate like that

My latest blog post.

Lynx

12 miles?  If I were the church's bus driver you'd have a ride.  I drive further than that on my bus route. 

Ask them (politely) if they'll come pick you up.  :)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Babs

crazy thing is they used to pick me up for services. a couple of months ago their pastor just up and walked out and they moved the next day. never heard from them again until last night. so they know i have no way to go.

but dont matter anymore. i have decided if God cant work on me here at home alone, he cant work on me anywhere

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Just Plain Ole Barb on February 19, 2011, 11:50:44 PM
just irks me. someone sent me a message on fb and said God has a miracle for me but i need to come to church to get it apparently. they say this knowing i live over 12 miles from the church with no car and dont offer to pick me up.

glad MY God dont operate like that

I don't see why a church dont offer pick up. I was going to the ALJC here. But living out of the way from anyone there it was hard getting ride at times. I am now going to an  independant Apostolic because they run a church bus and Brandons now liking that church.
Maybe its jst me but it bothers me riding to church hearing about them talking about whats wrong with everyone. I am still going because of Brandon. I now know what I believe, just having a hard time feeling at home anywhere if that makes sense

Babs

My latest blog post.

Babs

and oh and since last night we moved this thread up 5 slots lol

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Lynx

Wish you lived closer to here, we have a great church.  Should we pray for your existing church to straighten up, a good church to start up or just for you to find a ride?  There are definite benefits to attending church that you just can't get at home alone.

Or you could get a few believers to come over and have church there.  Where two or three are gathered...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Babs

i have prayed all of the above but God doesnt seem to feel the need to answer. this has been an ongoing trial/prayer of mine for many years now.

and now that i am pretty much homebound, i have just given up.

i listen to a lot of online services and music, read my bible and do the best i can here.

in other news, i may be feeling a nap about to overtake me

My latest blog post.

Lynx

On the topic of rides... a nice boy who rides the church bus moved to a town an inconvenient distance away, and the mother called me asking if anyone lived there.  I almost laughed because only about a third of the whole congregation lives in that town, and most of the staff lives there.  If a meteor ever wiped out our neighboring town there would be a hole in our church big enough to drive a tanker truck through.
"Do you sing at church?"

Tricia Lea

fight the nap

lol Anyone wanna help me clean

Babs

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

you will?

Should I hold my breath? lol jk

huggs
get you some rest

Babs

My latest blog post.

Lynx

If I napped the bread would burn.  Besides, I've eaten too much chocolate to nap right now.

"Do you sing at church?"

Babs

i have neither bread nor chocolate, hence the need to sleep lol

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Babs

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

you dont know what the halos are for I dont think LOL

:hypocrite: :hypocrite: :hypocrite:

Babs

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Babs

like they say, takes one to know one lol

My latest blog post.