News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Now's the Time for Sharing 509

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 02, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 10, 2018, 01:50:44 PMRoscoe, I think you're more like me in the social department. Selectively social. If I like you I'll be social just fine. If I don't know you or don't like you I'm not really social.

It drains me to do small talk and play nice.

This sums me up also.

I loathe small talk. Like it makes me want to just punch someone cus that would be more fulfilling than listening to someone drone on and on about surface level things in their lives.

:smash:

This introverts got no patience for small talk. Well I guess face-to-face small talk is 10x worse.
It's a bit easier on here. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Trying to decide? That is a waste of valuable vacation time. DO SOMETHING! If you decide later that you want to be doing something else you can always drop what you are doing and start doing that thing, but vacation time is ticking!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

I am currently on the bank of a small lake, in a tiny camper built  for one, which now has me, chey and one of her friends in it. J have a nice fan blowing and have rigged up a type of air conditioning. All in all not bad, but definately not roomy.
Dinner tonight was cooked in an iron skillet and on a charcoal grill...fried tators and onions and steak.. yummy.
In the morning I'll fry some bacon and scramble some eggs.
My lovely wife came up and spent the evening with us, but said no air conditioning,  no  her and the teardrop is too cramped. So she bailed for civilization in the form of the house and the central air.
 Camping- where you pay a fortune to live like you are homeless.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

No air and no bathroom = no fun

Lynx

I have to go with Sister Lou on this one. No AC, no me. Y'all primitives have fun.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

Anybody else had a week with pain, disappointment, and an anniversary of losing a loved one that rips your heart out and makes you just want to go see JESUS and get a hug from your Momma? I'm there right now...
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

sunlight

* sunlight hugs taco.

So sorry. That's not fun at all.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Sorry Taco. Praying for ya.

And the camp out- lasted until 130am. That's when the air mattress sprang a leak and I took the last of a series of mule kicks from the kids. I retreated to my comfortable house.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Gotta ask, what were y'all doing to that poor air mattress? I have slept on air mattresses for more than twenty years, and while they are not the most durable things in the world I have never had one last less than one night.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Quote from: taco_harvell on June 12, 2018, 11:11:16 AMAnybody else had a week with pain, disappointment, and an anniversary of losing a loved one that rips your heart out and makes you just want to go see JESUS and get a hug from your Momma? I'm there right now...

Praying for you bub.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

In other news, you cannot fathom how much hair my dog is shedding.  I was teasing Roscoe and told him I was brushing out the equivalent of 14 chihuahuas a day.

In the past 3 or so days:

Sunday, I get home and brush her about 10 times.  Each time its a brush full of hair.  Then she goes outside and rolls around in a mud puddle and has to get a bath.  I brush her while shes wet, and get 3 more brushes full of hair.
Monday, I brush and brush.  More hair.
Tuesday, I repeat brushing.  We have windows open, and light is streaming in.  I realize that every time I run the brush through her hair, more hair goes floating around.  I take her outside and brush for about 2 minutes and this is what I get.

They told us that long-haired German Shepherds shed a lot, but lands!  She literally drops hair everywhere!  I'm beginning to suspect she's a Pentecostal dog...LOL

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

The Purple Fuzzy

These kiddos are keeping us busy.

Roscoe

I've been busy with the swap meet. Worked a deal and got me a new doghouse. A 13 foot Scotty camper to be exact, I will now be comfortable camping. Lou told me the other night while pointing at a nearby vintage camper that had been redone with air conditioning, "If you get us something like that, I'll camp with you. Today, I spot a nice little jewel in the swap meet area, but it appears to be just a vendor's, brought along so they can sleep at the week long meet. I ask the guy if he would be interested in selling it, fully expecting a "No" as I usually get (I've been semi looking for one for a couple years).
 "Well, I've owned it over 20 years, raised my boy camping out here with it, and I was just thinking I don't use it enough to keep it. I just packed the bearings and put new tires on it...yeah, I'll sell it, if I can use it until Saturday morning." We discussed it, pretty solid little camper, small enough Rusty can pull it but big enough we can stand up in it, with a/c and a portapotty. Long story short, we struck a deal and it is coming home this weekend.  I called Lou and told her she might need to get some mad money and go shopping (we have an unwritten rule that if I buy something like this, even if it's for the family, she gets a shopping trip) "Why, what did you buy??" "Well, remember you said you'd camp with me if I bought a little camper like that red one with a/c?" "Yes". "Congratulations, you're going camping".
 On the bright side she didn't kill me-yet- if I need to sell it I got it cheap enough that I can sell it for a hunting camper at deer season, and if she gets too mad- well, I have a comfortable place to sleep.
I usually don't buy without talking to her first, but I had a guy try to butt in and weasel deal for it out from under me. Nearly earned him a stiff poke in the snoot.

Lynx

My nerd instincts kick in and wonder how that air conditioner is powered. Does the camper have big battery banks or do you have to plug it in? And if you plug it in, how are you camping?

Anyway, congrats on a great deal.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Just ate my little lunch. Now I'm eating dessert (Starburst Jelly Beans).

Wishin' it was a weekend.. with no plans.. :)

MsJennJenn

I've no plans thank the Lord. I don't even have to sing on Sunday! Gloray! :clap:

Except shop for a frame for the Life magazine from December 13, 1937, that has a train on the front I got on eBay Daddy for Father's Day. He collects trains. His deceased Dad worked on Rock Island Railroad....But he has so many I have to get creative! lol

These Life Magazines were HUGE and only 10 cents. TEN CENTS! Amazing.
The advertisements in the magazine are very male focused. And most in part the only things that were printed in color.

So amazing. I wish I could have been in that time to be a content designer for these magazines. Dreammmm job.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

I'm planning on tormenting Roscoe tomorrow. Muhahaha

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on June 15, 2018, 01:49:26 AMI'm planning on tormenting Roscoe tomorrow. Muhahaha
And I've already started tormenting mini by letting him know that I was enjoying Hogpen BBQ for dinner.

And Isaac,a generator will be used for the a/c.

taco_harvell

:sadbounce:  :flamingmad:  :banghead:

Saw the Neurologist today and I'm the enigma!

My brain is broke. There are others with the exact issues I have but none of us are rich and all the issues we share are so rare that it doesn't interest the pharmaceutical companies enough to create grants to study what they call ''zebras or white whales''. We number close to 1 in 50,000,000. We have a better chance of winning the lottery than having whatever this is. "No one famous has had it or it would at least have a name.''

That sums up my afternoon doctor visit and adding another medication.

:clap2:  :clap:  :waving:  :hi:

In two weeks my BIL, SIL, and kids will be here!

We'll get to spoil the kids for 4 days.

:great:

*taco hugs sunlight back and tells her to remind Robby to visit his native land

:jumping:  :hypocrite:

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on June 14, 2018, 04:20:30 AMI've been busy with the swap meet. Worked a deal and got me a new doghouse. A 13 foot Scotty camper to be exact, I will now be comfortable camping. Lou told me the other night while pointing at a nearby vintage camper that had been redone with air conditioning, "If you get us something like that, I'll camp with you. Today, I spot a nice little jewel in the swap meet area, but it appears to be just a vendor's, brought along so they can sleep at the week long meet. I ask the guy if he would be interested in selling it, fully expecting a "No" as I usually get (I've been semi looking for one for a couple years).
 "Well, I've owned it over 20 years, raised my boy camping out here with it, and I was just thinking I don't use it enough to keep it. I just packed the bearings and put new tires on it...yeah, I'll sell it, if I can use it until Saturday morning." We discussed it, pretty solid little camper, small enough Rusty can pull it but big enough we can stand up in it, with a/c and a portapotty. Long story short, we struck a deal and it is coming home this weekend.  I called Lou and told her she might need to get some mad money and go shopping (we have an unwritten rule that if I buy something like this, even if it's for the family, she gets a shopping trip) "Why, what did you buy??" "Well, remember you said you'd camp with me if I bought a little camper like that red one with a/c?" "Yes". "Congratulations, you're going camping".
 On the bright side she didn't kill me-yet- if I need to sell it I got it cheap enough that I can sell it for a hunting camper at deer season, and if she gets too mad- well, I have a comfortable place to sleep.
I usually don't buy without talking to her first, but I had a guy try to butt in and weasel deal for it out from under me. Nearly earned him a stiff poke in the snoot.

A free motel room for a Bubba to visit?

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on June 15, 2018, 02:47:53 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on June 14, 2018, 04:20:30 AMI've been busy with the swap meet. Worked a deal and got me a new doghouse. A 13 foot Scotty camper to be exact, I will now be comfortable camping. Lou told me the other night while pointing at a nearby vintage camper that had been redone with air conditioning, "If you get us something like that, I'll camp with you. Today, I spot a nice little jewel in the swap meet area, but it appears to be just a vendor's, brought along so they can sleep at the week long meet. I ask the guy if he would be interested in selling it, fully expecting a "No" as I usually get (I've been semi looking for one for a couple years).

A free motel room for a Bubba to visit?

You know y'all always have a room. We'll toss Chey out into the camper for ya. :lol:

Lynx

A generator? On a camping trip? I reiterate, how is this camping? :p
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on June 15, 2018, 10:59:46 AMA generator? On a camping trip? I reiterate, how is this camping? :p

It's camping without all the bad things about camping! lol