Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Stupid Texas weather! I'm glad I haven't planted anything in my hay bales yet.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

In local news, McDonald's now has a frozen Coke machine.  Frozen Coke classic, Frozen cherry Fanta and Frozen blue raspberry.

I immediately blended frozen Coke and ice cream. The result surpassed my expectations! It was like what a root beer float dreams of being when it grows up someday.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

In other local news, I asked the boss if I could quit and immediately beg for my job back.

I explained that I was running behind. I received both my tax return check and the government stimulus check, and by local custom that means I should quit my job. That's just what everybody does around here when they get these two checks. We had 24 people quit in two months. But everybody else has quit and almost reached the "crawling back and begging for my old job" stage. So I wanted to get both quitting and begging for my job back in at the same time, to catch up with everybody else.

I may have mentioned this before, but sometimes I get the impression it's hard for my coworkers to put up with me.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

@Work.

IRS finally took the payment out of our account. It was supposed to be debited last week, but I'm just glad we're even now! lol..

Waiting on the State to give me some of my money back. I'm sure that'll take much longer.

Rough morning. Wish I could've crawled back to sleep instead of coming to work, but I've gotta earn that money! haha And I have to save my vacation days for JUST in case I get to go anywhere.

Roscoe

:hi:
Back at work. Prayer meeting tonight. God showed up and a sweet presence was through the church last night.
Now I'm plugging through the day trying to get to the weekend..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi:
Chel is stopping by to see us for a few minutes. :)

Nelle

We have church tonight. Hopeful that I can take a quick nap between time I get home and time to leave for church. One of the perks to finally not living 45min+ from the church like back in Arkansas.

Backseat Radio

Had a pelvic and a thyroid ultrasound yesterday. Got the results today and from what I can tell everything appears to be good.

Nelle

I've already had a Frozen Coke from McDs.. I LOVE Frozen Cokes! Yum. I might have to stop for one this evening.

@Work. Eating jelly & toast instead of the chicken biscuit. Needing a break from 'em. Sleepy tho..

MsJennJenn

It's raining. I'm over the dang Texas weather. :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

So when you put a frozen coke machine in front of me, I WILL experiment with it.

I paid for a frozen cherry coke and a fudge sundae. I dumped all of it in the blender and pureed it. Instant chocolate-cherry shake, but with the flavor and texture of a float. Delicious!
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:.
 Been busy. Yesterday was Lou's 38th birthday. And, a friend who does remodeling called, he was coming through and after some horsetrading, he helped to put the remainder of the tile I've intended to install for the last four years down. So now the dining room and kitchen match the living room. And I discovered that I apparently had overestimated the amount of tile I needed, and as a result have enough to do the bathroom too, and then some.
I didn't do much for my part until it came time to grout the tile. I can now tell the church tomorrow I spent most of the day yesterday on my knees and be completely truthful. :ugly:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work. Using my new monitor stand and.. it's going to take getting used to the height lol. I did get some desk space back by it raising it off the desk.

Took a strawberry shake and some books over to our neighbor (and also fellow church member) at the hospital. I had to wear one of the hospital masks instead of my cloth mask and WOW... I ended up with a headache I still haven't shaken. Those straps were SO tight on my head. She's had a rough go through the last few weeks with sickness and then hospital stays. She has had some not-so-great nurses that need a lesson in kindness, but hopefully she's on the mend and the situation is getting better now.

Roscoe

Morning all.
At work. Plugging along with the caseload. Trying to make up for last nights slip....I wound up eating a double stack from Wendy's. It was an accident. We went by Wendy's last night with some church folks, there was a crowd, and I ordered out of reflex what I used to order.
It was a tasty mistake. Probably cost me a few pounds though.
So today's lunch is a small bag of popcorn. Tonight's dinner will be a couple of pieces of baked chicken..

Lynx

On the bright side Bobby, you're raising a daughter instead of a son. If you had a teenage boy right now you'd feel MUCH worse about it.

https://www.gocomics.com/foxtrot/1996/10/08
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

LOL.
Made it through the day. Thought I'd mow the yard tonight. Made two rounds before I ran over something and bent a blade. Gotta order another blade now...
Oh, and got the appraisal back today. It came in $3k higher than we thought it would. Thank you Lord. Now, to get to closing and I can order my shop!! And begin to enclose the other shop to begin Lou's addition transformation...

Lynx

Ran over something? I thought you took out them stop-spikes YEARS ago.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I think it was a small stump. I got too close to the line of Crepe Myrtles I thin out periodically. Last year I cut a rogue cedar down that was trying to grow up with them, and I was in that area when I hit it.
Oh well. New blades ordered from Ebay. Should be in by the weekend.
Got the call this morning that my hog is ready for pickup. Gonna take lunch and go scoop it up and take it home.

Nelle

@Work. My desk is practically bare. They've been asking if I am leaving them or something, haha. I'm just tired of the clutter and files and whatnot. They've all found their homes or at least.. on their way and someone else's problem now. :)

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

@Work. Second day of rain..

Electricity in our county went off Monday night for about 45min-1hr for unknown reasons (unknown to even Ameren) but finally came back on. This morning, the power went off and came back on twice within minutes each time. So aggravating because that's not good for appliances and whatnot. Hopefully they can get their act together with these issues before summer gets here. It's already warm enough to think about not having cool air. We had to turn our a/c on yesterday to keep the humidity from ruining our floors.

The Purple Fuzzy

It was crazy humid here yesterday, too. We've been using our air.

Roscoe

It stormed unbelievable around 3 am this morning. My yard looks like a lake. I had to go to the range this morning and get soaked qualifying folks. Now I'm working on paperwork while halfway watching an online auction that I am bidding on some things...

Nelle

@Work again.

Revival services this weekend w/ a friend of mine from way back. I've never got to meet his wife or youngest boy though, so I'm a little excited for that too.

Roscoe

Been a busy weekend. Went to a church youth meeting in Jethro last night, then today went and picked up some auction wins, changed the blades on the lawn mower, mowed the yard and went to the flea market with Lou.