News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Got the beef home today. I gotta go pick up a freezer monday too...we are at capacity.
I got on the scale tonight. Down approximately  6.5 lbs and today is day 7. Lord knows I am actually trying.
For a treat on sodas, I've found Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi is decent..

Tonight, I have been industriously using hog rings and the like. Got the back of Sam's seat recovered. I'll try to to the bottom tomorrow, before I go pick up plants..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work. Been so hard to wake up the past few days. I guess the temp in the house is just too perfect when you mix in your blankets, haha.

Memorial/Rally Service tonight.

Poptart for breakfast instead of chicken biscuit since I was running late. That's okay tho.. b/c I will probably have to eat their food for lunch since I didn't grab anything.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's raining. The good thing about that is it'll wash some pollen out of the air.

Roscoe

Shew. Got the seat recovered and other work done. Went for a drive. Then today, did some mowing, planted some flowers, and just generally got things straightened up. Been beautiful the last two days.
 I went to breakfast this morning with old friends...had one of the strongest men I have ever known spend over an hour with me, pour out his heart and issues. I don't have the answers, but lately I've been put in counseling mode more and more often..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work.

Have not recovered since the rally Friday night when I got home at 11:30 after not sleeping well the night before either. Also had a headache/neckache the entire night and most of Saturday as well. Headache/neckache got better on Saturday, only to return again in the night. Long weekend.

The Purple Fuzzy

We had some bad weather near us that spawned about 4 tornados. Thankful they didn't come here.

Roscoe

:hi:
 Been busy. Today was the first day back after a week off. It was busy- not as bad as I feared, but busy none the less.
 Made it through the day, and was good. Even used my lunch break to walk approximately a mile for exercise. It was beautiful, around 70 degrees.
Rushed home after work and grabbed Sam, drove back to town and picked up freezer number 3, then by the Tractor Supply store to pick up my new yard sweeper. I SHOULD be putting it together tonight- instead, I came inside, ate the only thing I've had today (two ham sandwiches on low calorie bread), and crashed in the recliner. I don't see me moving until time to take a shower..

Roscoe

And I was right. I didn't move until time to take a shower, went straight to bed and took a Tylenol Pm. Sacked out until this morning.
 Now I'm at work, just finished a dinner of a salad with a small amount of cut up left over steak, and am drinking a zero calorie orange soda. Got some typing to do too...

Nelle

@Work. Working on closing out jobs for my like... 5th day haha.

mini

@work too.

Been a busy morning, now I have the office to myself, so I hope nothing happens for a while.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm waiting on a new mattress to be delivered. The old one was bothering my back. At least I'm hoping a new mattress will help.

Nelle

@Work. Missed most of the morning trying to recover from being sick last night. Only had about 2 hours of sleep before 6am so I let me coworkers know I'd be coming in later. Hoping that's enough of that for a while.

The Purple Fuzzy

Wow! Our mattress came in a "not so big" box. I thought they sent the wrong thing. We ordered king size. The fed x gal brought it out of the van and my hubby said that's not ours. It's amazing how they compressed it down without messing it up. I guess I'll know more after I sleep on it.

Lynx

Was it one of those foam mattresses? Those things have to be packed by a custom machine - no way a human could pack them like that.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

@Work. Sick again last night but thankfully nowhere near like the other night. Jeremy was also sick last night.. he had  a temp of about 101. I can't believe he didn't think to check his temp again this morning. It's driving me nuts not knowing if he's feeling better. It's freezing cold outside this morning (compared to how warm it was previously) so he can't just tell by how he feels, haha. We're falling apart over here. Hoping today brings better days!

Church tonight!

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on April 01, 2021, 11:28:37 AMWas it one of those foam mattresses? Those things have to be packed by a custom machine - no way a human could pack them like that.
No. It has springs and there is NO WAY a person could pack it like that without a machine to help. 
It's crazy how much it puffed up. It now looks & feels like a normal mattress.

Roscoe

:hi: Been a minute since I wuz here..
Been a fairly busy week. Weekend looks like it will be too... baby dedication, Easter service, ect. I just wanna crawl off in a cave for a while- alone. LOL

The Purple Fuzzy

It's chilly this morning. When we brought firewood in last time, we thought we probably had too much and would have to take some back out. Turns out we've used almost all of it. The temperature goes from 80 down to the 30s then back.

Nelle

@Work.

Currently listening to police/fire scanner about a fall victim. We have some amazing scenery and hiking trails, but there have been SO many falls, with some ending in deaths unfortunately. They're having to AirEvac them out.

Felt SO much better last night. So thankful that I wasn't sick again. Jeremy's fever also went away. Kinda wondering if his was associated with his dental work that day.

Roscoe

Made it through the day. Filled the baptistry. Fixing to go crash. Tomorrow will be busy. And I still have to put the baby dedication together. Way out of my comfort zone. LOL

Lynx

This weather really deeds to bake up its bide what it wads to do. By siduses are gettig all tore up.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:hi:
Made it through the day. Baptized my friend. Worked on putting the lawn sweeper together. Other than that, I didn't really get much accomplished.

Roscoe

Shew. Been a busy Easter. God moved in service several  backsliers and visitors, and several in the altar.
 Then a dedication of a youngun...and a potluck meal following.  It seemed almost normal again.
Two firsts I guess this week....first time I've been privileged to baptize  a friend and first-time I've ever dedicated  a baby.

Got home and have worked myself to a frazzle. I thought I'd test out the sweeper.  Then I figured I might as well burn the bonfire pile. Then I figured I'd test the new pole saw. One branch led to another  and now I have poor Sam loaded with brush.
And I am hurting so I've ran a hot tub of water to soak.
 I need a weekend to recover from this weekend.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Bobby I got tired just reading that post. Fortunately Mondays are my days off now, so I'll have a day to recover from all that reading about w*rk.
"Do you sing at church?"