News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 16, 2021, 12:01:16 AMStill can't see Mini's name pop up w/out tearing up a little.

I feel honored?  I usually have that effect on people that get to see me face to face.  :ugly:

Like this:

Quote from: Roscoe on March 16, 2021, 02:56:07 AM:hi: Mini makes me cry too.  That face.... :ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

@Work. Dropped my chicken biscuit on the floor.. picked it up and ate it anyway. Have to pray a little harder over your food I guess. It was too valuable for me. lol

mini

A couple years ago Roscoe and I went out to visit Taco for his birthday.  They took us to Bojangles to eat for breakfast.  That was one good chicken biscuit.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

We just got a Bojangles last year in a Pilot station. I hear good things about it and need to try it out!

Roscoe

Well. Supposed to have nasty weather moving in tonight. Hopefully it won't be too bad. I'm ready for the week to be over. Spring break vacation starts Friday at 430!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work. Storms are rolling in soon here. I think the worst is supposed to stay somewhat south of us.. so that's good for us.

It's Anniversary Day #1! lol.. Jeremy's day off.. he was going to grill our supper tonight but since it's going to downpour all day.. I guess we're doing something else for food. I've got to figure out what I want to eat.

Roscoe

Been pouring here most of the morning.
The government has graciously given me money back that they have taken from me, aka stimulus. :clap:
Being a kid at heart I wanna go buy something I don't need.
Being an adult I promptly wiped out over a grand of it paying off those pesky little bills.
I'll take some to vacation with me and squirrel some back until Lou forgets about it and I can redirect it as appropriate, for Sam. :freaky2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

I'm literally paying our federal income tax w/ some of ours. LOL.

Backseat Radio

Had an interesting day off. Went to the dentist this morning to get a cavity filled. About an hour ago my mom called wanting to know if I wanted the covid vaccine. Apparently the pharmacy at her Kroger had extra vaccine they had to use before it expired. I managed to score the Pfizer vaccine.

Nelle

@Work. Yawning..

Haven't had breakfast yet. I'm thinking about eating my leftover breakfast sandwich. I have to eat at the same place I got it.. for lunch tho.. so I dunno. I'll be getting a baked potato or nuggets for lunch.. maybe I should try. LOL.

Going to look over our taxes again tonight to make sure I haven't offered them too much money, and hopefully then paying them.

I don't remember if I mentioned this at the time, but last week we had three random charges from Walmart.com on our banking through my card. They were supposed to be delivered to Montana. LOL. That's right - the customer service rep told me the name and address of the purchaser. I gave the info to the bank as well, but I know they don't pursue these. Thankfully Walmart had already protected me and cancelled all three purchases due to them being suspicious on their end. Since they were soft charges, they dropped off the account in a few days. It's always disconcerting when you have someone steal something like your card numbers tho. I've had to be without a debit card for a week now, but I think it's finally coming in today!

The Purple Fuzzy

Ben and the kids dropped by for a couple days. He needed to pick up something up this direction. Dina couldn't come since she had to work. :(

Roscoe

Shew. Meant to sign in and post, but I got busy. Really busy.
Now, though, I am off for the next  nine days (not counting the church- I'll still have to preach on the Sundays).
And I went to the doctor today, for the first visit of three over the next three months. 1500 calorie a day diet. I can do this. Then the surgery, and hopefully I'll get rid of around 100 lbs. I know in the long run it will be good for me.

The Purple Fuzzy

Hope it goes well for you, Roscoe. I see so many still struggle even after surgery.

Backseat Radio

I feel like I'm on a new exercise program....the stimulus check exercise program. I've run non stop after customers today and had 4 pallets of large tvs to spider and put out for sale.

Roscoe

Fuzzy, we will see. Something has to give. I don't want to stroke out in my 60s like many of my family do. I know there is no guarantee to life in general- but the weight has kept my health "on the bubble". My blood pressure is just barely on the good side, I can't walk a half mile without panting like a porpoise, my joints ache, even more after the Covid bout.  And while I have no illusions about my appearance, it is kinda painful to look in the mirror or at the facebook live videos and realize that I have much in common with a feeder hog.
I'd like to be around when Chey gets married and has babies...this looks like my best chance for that.

We went driving today. Did a bit of flea marketing; spent some time online while Lou looked at stuff and bought stuff in thrift stores. That is good or bad depending on the way you look at it. I spent a bit online while she was inside. More Sam parts, and something that I have needed forever-a pull behind the lawn mower lawn sweeper.

Planning on heading to Branson Monday. Studying for tomorrow.

Backseat Radio

Came into work limping around cause of sore muscles and had another 3 pallets of TVs to put out for sale

Nelle

Jeremy H-A-D to have one of those pull-behind sweepers. I think he's used it once. Our yard is so small. LOL.

@Work. Had a chicken biscuit this morning, no worries. Had a bacon & mayo sandwich for lunch. Eating leftover steak, potato, and asparagus for supper. He was finally able to do our anniversary food that he had originally planned for last Wednesday when it stormed most of the day.

I need a nap.

We are starting back to midweek services this week (Thursday until we get a new pastor). We also have a section rally the next night (Friday) that is also a memorial service for Rex (our pastor/uncle who passed). I'm hoping it's not going to be super awkward/hard. I appreciate them thinking of him and I'm sure his immediately family does as well. It's already been four months since he passed, and it just feels like this is ripping off a scab in a way. But I'm sure God will move and it'll be just fine. Hopefully his family will leave feeling better than they came!

We finally had our first actual tryout on Sunday for pastor. They are from Texas and I had not known of them before hand. I've gone through this process several times back at the home church in Arkansas, but I guess I was always young enough that I never felt the awkwardness of it all, haha.

Roscoe

Hoping you find just the shepherd God has for your church. Change is difficult for a church..
We came to Branson today. I've tried to stay somewhat true to the diet. But I did cheat a little bit when I wound up in the Candy Store at Branson's Landing. Dark chocolate is my kryptonite. I had two dark chocolate raspberry truffles, and I'm kinda moshing on popcorn. But, all I've eaten today was four ribs, a small salad with ranch, and maybe half a dozen fries. So I should be good..

Nelle

In all fairness... dark chocolate is healthier than milk chocolate.. at least that's what I've heard!

@Work. Supposed to rain any minute. It doesn't look like it's going to be too violent tho, so.. hopefully it stays that way.

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on March 23, 2021, 01:39:35 PMIn all fairness... dark chocolate is healthier than milk chocolate.. at least that's what I've heard!
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah! :teeth:

Speaking of which, anybody want some fudge cheesecake bars? That's what I'm billing these as, and I got a ton of them left over.

See, last Saturday we had a men's all-meat supper at church. It was a fascinating time. The pastor worked a minor miracle and made bologna that actually tasted good! Bro. Tucker brought some wild turkey he had hunted, in bites, wrapped in bacon.

I had it in my mind that I would make a big batch of baked chocolate pudding. I figured we would need a dessert that could function as an antacid. So I made... a BIG batch. I always overdo it unfortunately. Also unfortunately, it turns out when you make a batch that big it stratifies during baking. It turned into about 3/4th chocolate fudge on top and 1/4th chocolate egg custard on bottom.

That would never pass at a southwest Tennessee men's dinner. People don't take well to unfamiliar things, no matter how delicious they are. So I peeled the egg custard off the bottom, sliced up the fudge and billed them as fudge cheesecake bars.

Did I mention it was a big batch? Like, a whole gallon of milk, six cups of sugar, etc. I have a lot left over, if anybody wants to come by and grab a snack...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

I just got home from the endodontist. Had to get a root canal on a molar. Still waiting on the numbness to wear off so I can eat.

Roscoe

Just back from Branson. Had a good time-came home a bit early. It's supposed to be storming tomorrow, so we decided to  come home. Tomorrow, I have to go get the half a beef from the slaughterhouse, and I have a list of things to do if it isn't raining. If it is, I suspect there'll be a lot of laying around. Doing okay with the diet. Probably a tad over my calorie limit today, but not much.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 25, 2021, 04:43:04 AMDoing okay with the diet.
That D word is a four letter word, especially when I have so much leftover baked chocolate pudding to deal with. >.>
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

Quote from: Backseat Radio on March 24, 2021, 06:00:31 PMI just got home from the endodontist. Had to get a root canal on a molar. Still waiting on the numbness to wear off so I can eat.

My husband just had the same situation yesterday! I thought it was going to be a less involved appointment, but nope.. he got a root canal. I had him pick up Pizza Inn on his way home since neither of us have had it in YEARS. Chocolate chip pizza.. and ham/cheese stromboli.. yuum. I'm eating some leftovers for lunch!

@Work. Eating my chicken and biscuit for breakfast. It's already stormed some here but more coming.. so that's fun. Church tonight!

The Purple Fuzzy

We've had some rain, too but the bad stuff was northwest of us.