News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Since we always get a refund, I'm usually first in line. :-) And as for the meat- we always buy at least half a cow. That's all the hamburger we will need for the year. However, the steaks and roasts will go quickly. My wife and daughter will wear out my beloved pitboss grill/smoker.

Came in tonight and swapped out the broken mirror on Chey's Jimmy. Got to go to the Dr tomorrow morning for a checkup on
 the skin cancer I had removed. I was going to just take off 2 hours. But..it's supposed to be beautiful. So I'm taking the whole day. I'll get some stuff caught up, hopefully. May work on Sam too.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Well. Beautiful it was not.  It was cold and overcast. But, I had taken the day off. I did some things I needed to do and have spent time wrapped up at the house.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:
Did a bit of driving today. Did a bit of grilling. Did a bit of working on Sam and as a result, a bit of prayin'.
Laying here at 11pm listening to Bro Ballestero preaching. Studying for tomorrow too..

Nelle

@Work. Super sleepy. Like... I'm even having to force myself to speak when I need to.. lol.. I need a nap. I'm going to bed EARLY (i.e. on time) tonight. Jeremy hasn't been feeling well thanks to the grand ole weather changes, so I think we're having grilled cheese and soup for supper. I have a Sams pickup to do after work, and I think I'm gonna run thru Target or Walmart or Kroger and grab some Panera soup. I know he's thinking tomato soup for dinner, but I don't eat that. Don't mind him eating that tho!

I worked on our taxes last night. It was so painful, haha.

Roscoe

Back at work.
Plotting  a trip to Russellville  tonight to get wire for Sam. I  began installing  his gauges and discovered  that the nearly 70 year old headlight switch was fed up, and some of the wiring needs replaced.
So I'll  do this, little  by little.
Probably  for the best- I'd  be crushed if it caught fire and burned  especially  after all the work I've done to it.
Had a Church of God in Christ minister  come over yesterday to price out my concrete  slab for the shop.
We got to talking church and nearly had a shout down in the driveway.
Really liked his spirit.  He and his wife, who is one of my bosses, said they are coming  to visit our church soon.
Lord, what I'd give for God to sbatch them up and put them on our path. Wonderful people.

The Purple Fuzzy

Just checking in to o see what's going on. :couch:

Nelle

@Work. Picked up breakfast b/c.. I was starving for it yesterday and didn't stop. Now I won't regret. :)

Trying to figure out what to work on. I need to finish closing out jobs, packing them up, and moving files around to their appropriate locations.. but I also need to bill some other projects that will probably sidetrack me for a good day or two from the other work. UGH. I want the filing/closing out part to get done worse, but it doesn't make money for us.

Roscoe

Well, one of my office mates has Covid. Here we go again....Sheesh.
Found out that my work ride had wire hanging out the side of a tire. Had to limp it to Conway and get a new tire, then fill out a request for the remaining three to be replaced too.

Feeling very Cheese-like today. Just over it.

Backseat Radio

Regional management is in my store today giving us things to do to get the store ready for our Regional manager to get an award at the store tomorrow. Been crazy enough we're bringing in associates from nearby stores to help get done all they want done.

Nelle

I do nooooot miss upper management visit days and the prep days leading to them. I do miss the new product first dibs and the employee discount tho! (TJ Maxx)

@Work. Eating a chicken biscuit for breakfast from Wendys. I'm probably addicted.. and I know it's not lookin' good, haha.

Roscoe

I too am addicted- to the Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee one of my local donut shops sells. IT has become my very present help in time of need.
At work, as usual, slogging along. Got an unwelcome text from my SS teacher- he's taking off the evening, out of town. This means I have to rush home at 5, shave, grab my SS book, review the lesson, and teach it tonight. Bah.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 10, 2021, 06:27:46 PMI too am addicted- to the Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee one of my local donut shops sells. IT has become my very present help in time of need.
Is this why we haven't heard much lately about the Dr. Pepper habit you were trying to kick?

Substituting one for the other is NOT kicking the habit...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

That's a bit of a late notice of not appearing.. hope everything went well.

@Work. Eating a reheated chicken biscuit from yesterday's purchase. I saved myself some time this morning by not stopping for a fresh one, haha.

Rainy/stormy here all day. Those aren't my best mood days.. so I'll have to try extra hard to be extra nice to compensate. I'd just rather be napping under a blanket in the recliner, haha. I still very much need a vacation.. but it doesn't appear one is on the horizon anytime soon. I'm using one of my last two vacation days next Friday so I won't lose it. Then I guess I'll use the other one sometime randomly as well. Hopefully my next batch of vacation days will see me getting to go somewhere. Stinkin' covid.

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

It was crazy busy at Walmart today. Apparently stimulus checks are already being deposited in bank accounts and folks are hurrying to the store to spend it all.

I'm venturing out of my comfort zone tomorrow to attend a Mennonite church with a friend from college.

Roscoe

Man. I've missed a couple days... That's rare for me.
 Been a busy weekend- I've spent most of it rewiring the '52 and installing the new gauges. That and studying for church. Went to church today, preached, came home. We stopped at Taco Bell with several others from church. Last time for me- the staff was so busy tending to the drive through so they directed us to a kiosk that was way too complicated.
Totally not going to do that again. If you can't take the time to take my order, you can't take the time to take my money. Now I'm laying here needing to sleep but not tired. Plus, my joint pain causes me to not be able to sleep much anyways.

Oh, and the irs' s tool shows my stimulus to be enroute,to be deposited Wednesday.

mini

Good morning everyone.

Hope you all have a great day.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Quote from: Backseat Radio on March 14, 2021, 02:39:37 AMIt was crazy busy at Walmart today. Apparently stimulus checks are already being deposited in bank accounts and folks are hurrying to the store to spend it all.

I'm venturing out of my comfort zone tomorrow to attend a Mennonite church with a friend from college.

I would love an update on the experience. I've always wondered what their services were like.

Morning, Mini.   :waving:

@Work. It's torrential downpour here. I might need to borrow some floaties.

Our stimulus is also supposed to be deposited on Wednesday. I figure I need to send a thank you card for our anniversary present. Interesting tidbit... our wedding was officially recorded as happening on 3/19 instead of 3/17. His uncle (the one who passed from COVID in Nov) either misunderstood the clerk or completely didn't realize what he was filling out when he had them record it, haha. So now we have two days to actually celebrate, but of course.. in our hearts, it'll always be St Patricks Day as our wedding, but legally.. it's definitely 3/19. I only found out b/c I had to request a certified copy of our certificate on Friday.. and I couldn't find our certificate in their records with our wedding date. LOL.

Lynx

So add the day in between, the 18th, and call it a 3-day celebration every year. Sounds to me like as good an excuse for a vacation as any.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Its busy as usual today at Walmart. Stimulus checks are being spent on unnecessary items.

Lynx

Yeah, everybody around here got stimulated to get out and spend money too. At McDonald's... talk about a failure of imagination! They get a lot of money and the best thing they can think of is to go to a fast food factory.

This Monday felt more like a Friday.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Still can't see Mini's name pop up w/out tearing up a little.

I'm just working away my life for covid. Yay. :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

:hi: Mini makes me cry too.  That face.... :ugly:

Worked today. Dealt with stupidity today. Now, I am mechanizing. I've installed my rear end in the recliner. About to get religious- gonna go lie before the Lord.

Kid brother is probably gonna buy the Jimmy we had bought for Lou, but she didn't like. I'm trying to find something reliable but fun to replace it with.